Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: GIL BRANDT---THE BIGGEST WINDOWS OF OPPORTUNITY FOR SUPER BOWLS

Blog Entries

GIL BRANDT---THE BIGGEST WINDOWS OF OPPORTUNITY FOR SUPER BOWLS

LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Gil Brandt's window is closing. He is a descending analyst. But McGinn is descending faster - McClickbait is in freefall.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Gil Brandt's window is closing. He is a descending analyst. But McGinn is descending faster - McClickbait is in freefall.
    Yup, he has Minnesota in the mix. I just don't see it. The D is getting really good but the O with Bridgewater and an aging AP seems average at best.

He also has CINN up there who I would guess may self-implode in 2016 after the playoff loss to end 2015.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

"Dalton should come back healthy after a fractured thumb held him out of the final three regular-season games..."

I'm watching this team.

I agree on the assessments of the other Top Super Bowl contending teams.

No Packers....no wonder !

Too much laissey faire....status quo.

TT and MM got lucky...ONCE.

Their as a team the Packers GM and HC = One and Done.

Write that on your Packer Wall Packerrats.

We lose with TT and MM. Unless both of them really see the light....CHANGE They have to go for it. Use every option to upgrade the team by being 'ALL IN ...On Top Of It !

These two have ego's and eccentricities that don;'t even jell or it seems that way to me. Do they really communicate? It certainly doesn't seem that way. MM is about a frustrated HC as you'll see in all of Pro Sports. It's written all over him.

Mike McCarthy:

He's tighter than a dry cork in a Century Old Bottle Of Rare Wine. Pass him the TUMS...please.

You seldom win a BIG POT....checking.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-30-2016 at 09:19 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    "Dalton should come back healthy after a fractured thumb held him out of the final three regular-season games..."

I'm watching this team.

We lose with TT and MM. Unless both of them really see the light....CHANGE They have to go for it.[

You seldom win a BOG POT....checking.
    We have been to the NFC Championship Game 3 times in ten years. We won 1 and lost 2 in OT. Over that save time frame 2 other teams have made 3 NFC Championship games. That would be Seattle Seahawks and SF 49ers.

PS- I have won a $250,000+ pot in the WSOP Main Event checking on every street. You might have even seen me on EPSN during the 2006 Main Event coverage.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

I'm watching this team.

We lose with TT and MM. Unless both of them really see the light....CHANGE They have to go for it.[

You seldom win a BOG POT....checking.
    You think the Packers are too laissez faire and you like the Bengals? Haven't won a playoff game since 1990 yet they've had the same coach for 13 years and the same GM for 25 years. Can't get more laissez faire than that.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    We have been to the NFC Championship Game 3 times in ten years. We won 1 and lost 2 in OT. Over that save time frame 2 other teams have made 3 NFC Championship games. That would be Seattle Seahawks and SF 49ers.
    status quo
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    You think the Packers are too laissez faire and you like the Bengals? Haven't won a playoff game since 1990 yet they've had the same coach for 13 years and the same GM for 25 years. Can't get more laissez faire than that.
    Ooooo...la-zy fair. Homer like.

Status quo, TT has to go!

Status quo, Stubby needs to go!

Status quo: upgrade the team!

Status quo - double dipper!

Status quo, training staff needs to go!

Status quo - blame TT!

Time for free weights to reduce concussions.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Staus quo! TT has to stop feeding Eddie!

Bengals and Vikings on this list plus Steelers and Patriots takes the logic of the piece (length that window is open), kidnaps it, handcuffs it to a chair and leaves it in an abandoned warehouse.

Really a metaphor for Gil Brandt's mind.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Bengals and Vikings on this list plus Steelers and Patriots takes the logic of the piece (length that window is open), kidnaps it, handcuffs it to a chair and leaves it in an abandoned warehouse.

Really a metaphor for Gil Brandt's mind.
    no kidding. The reason why the window is open for NE and the Steelers is exactly the same reason it's open for the Packers - simply put, it's the way they run their organizations and build their teams.

Status quo?

2012: Scored 433 points (27.1/g), 5th of 32 in the NFL. Allowed 336 points (21.0/g), 11th.
    2013: Scored 417 points (26.1/g), 8th of 32 in the NFL. Allowed 428 points (26.8/g), 24th.
    2014: Scored 486 points (30.4/g), 1st of 32 in the NFL. Allowed 348 points (21.8/g), 13th.
    2015: Scored 368 points (23.0/g), 15th of 32 in the NFL. Allowed 323 points (20.2/g), 12th.