Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: GIL BRANDT---THE BIGGEST WINDOWS OF OPPORTUNITY FOR SUPER BOWLS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

GIL BRANDT---THE BIGGEST WINDOWS OF OPPORTUNITY FOR SUPER BOWLS

LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Gil Brandt's window is closing. He is a descending analyst. But McGinn is descending faster - McClickbait is in freefall.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Gil Brandt's window is closing. He is a descending analyst. But McGinn is descending faster - McClickbait is in freefall.
    Yup, he has Minnesota in the mix. I just don't see it. The D is getting really good but the O with Bridgewater and an aging AP seems average at best.

He also has CINN up there who I would guess may self-implode in 2016 after the playoff loss to end 2015.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

"Dalton should come back healthy after a fractured thumb held him out of the final three regular-season games..."

I'm watching this team.

I agree on the assessments of the other Top Super Bowl contending teams.

No Packers....no wonder !

Too much laissey faire....status quo.

TT and MM got lucky...ONCE.

Their as a team the Packers GM and HC = One and Done.

Write that on your Packer Wall Packerrats.

We lose with TT and MM. Unless both of them really see the light....CHANGE They have to go for it. Use every option to upgrade the team by being 'ALL IN ...On Top Of It !

These two have ego's and eccentricities that don;'t even jell or it seems that way to me. Do they really communicate? It certainly doesn't seem that way. MM is about a frustrated HC as you'll see in all of Pro Sports. It's written all over him.

Mike McCarthy:

He's tighter than a dry cork in a Century Old Bottle Of Rare Wine. Pass him the TUMS...please.

You seldom win a BIG POT....checking.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-30-2016 at 09:19 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    "Dalton should come back healthy after a fractured thumb held him out of the final three regular-season games..."

I'm watching this team.

We lose with TT and MM. Unless both of them really see the light....CHANGE They have to go for it.[

You seldom win a BOG POT....checking.
    We have been to the NFC Championship Game 3 times in ten years. We won 1 and lost 2 in OT. Over that save time frame 2 other teams have made 3 NFC Championship games. That would be Seattle Seahawks and SF 49ers.

PS- I have won a $250,000+ pot in the WSOP Main Event checking on every street. You might have even seen me on EPSN during the 2006 Main Event coverage.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    We have been to the NFC Championship Game 3 times in ten years. We won 1 and lost 2 in OT. Over that save time frame 2 other teams have made 3 NFC Championship games. That would be Seattle Seahawks and SF 49ers.
    status quo
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

PS- I have won a $250,000+ pot in the WSOP Main Event checking on every street. You might have even seen me on EPSN during the 2006 Main Event coverage.
    I'm not referring to checking after the deal of your down cards......rather checking after the Turn and /or River.

You and a 250 K Pot...not bad.

My best...DOUBLE THAT ........a 500K Pot.

I watch your progress and the Pro Pickem. I do see potential.....but your a ways from the Big Dogs aren't you Thunderdan? That should encourage you and I give you full marks for effort. It's a tough group in terms of some that compete every season. I've seen too many here come in....Fail Dramatically. It's all about those who imagine they know and those who DO know ThunderDan.

You...your knocking on the door Thunderdan. You may one day claim a Championship. Separate yourself as well.....MEN and boys.

That aside it's a lot like playing pool. You must pay to learn. Ever go up against....that.... 'the Ole Dog' and playing pool ThunderDan? As long as he's cool and the nerves in check. Your likely in a Best of 11...Toast. He'll eat you up. I've been a competitor all my life. ..and a WINNER. Not bragging ...simply stating my life's experience and my views here.

The Packerrats Pro Pickem': I encourage your BEST efforts. Winning a Championship and that event is difficult. I wish you so much good analysis and 'of course' LUCK ThunderDan. I'm always pulling for a new Blood Champion. Some of us need the REAL competition.

RE: TEXAS HOLDEM'

I'd enjoy having your sit with me......on any Five Table. and $$$$ in my pockets $$$$

I'll certainly claim this.....I'm an Old Dog. You cannot pull any SHIT on me.

That's why I cannot agree with you Homers here and the Green Bay Packers real chance and Super Bowl. I want a WINNER !

I'm just sick with all we've had since our last Super Bowl which looks right now like nothing more than an Fluke. Ted Thompson and his plan.

NOT working ...won't get us that Super Bowl.

It will 'only' allow us a shot at the NFCN Division Championship because he pinned Aaron Rodgers on his lapel.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

I'm just sick with all we've had since our last Super Bowl which looks right now like nothing more than an Fluke. Ted Thompson and his plan.

It will 'only' allow us a shot at the NFCN Division Championship because he pinned Aaron Rodgers on his lapel.
    Why don't you go follow whomever wins the Superbowl then? It's really your only argument - to say the Packers aren't as good as whomever won this year. Your insight here is essentially worthless. You can't outline anything concrete that would work better, except to cherry pick other's successes while ignoring their failure. You can't make an argument that any team in the last ten years - except perhaps 1 or 2 - is better and more successful that the Packers - but that's beside the point, because you don't actually make arguments. If you did, you might be interesting. You're just bitching. Honestly, you are as thoroughly inane as Wist, except that he actually knows something about football.
    Last edited by mraynrand; 01-30-2016 at 11:22 AM.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I'm not referring to checking after the deal of your down cards......rather checking after the Turn and /or River.

You and a 250 K Pot...not bad.

My best...DOUBLE THAT ........a 500K Pot.

I watch your progress and the Pro Pickem. I do see potential.....but your a ways from the Big Dogs aren't you Thunderdan? That should encourage you and I give you full marks for effort. It's a tough group in terms of some that compete every season. I've seen too many here come in....Fail Dramatically. It's all about those who imagine they know and those who DO know ThunderDan.

You...your knocking on the door Thunderdan. You may one day claim a Championship. Separate yourself as well.....MEN and boys.

That aside it's a lot like playing pool. You must pay to learn. Ever go up against....that.... 'the Ole Dog' and playing pool ThunderDan? As long as he's cool and the nerves in check. Your likely in a Best of 11...Toast. He'll eat you up. I've been a competitor all my life. ..and a WINNER. Not bragging ...simply stating my life's experience and my views here.

The Packerrats Pro Pickem': I encourage your BEST efforts. Winning a Championship and that event is difficult. I wish you so much good analysis and 'of course' LUCK ThunderDan. I'm always pulling for a new Blood Champion. Some of us need the REAL competition.

RE: TEXAS HOLDEM'

I'd enjoy having your sit with me......on any Five Table. and $$$$ in my pockets $$$$

I'll certainly claim this.....I'm an Old Dog. You cannot pull any SHIT on me.

That's why I cannot agree with you Homers here and the Green Bay Packers real chance and Super Bowl. I want a WINNER !

Woody-

When you have 6 figure winnings on live Major Tournament Poker and have final Tabled a WSOP Event I'll listen to your poker ramblings. In fact, I cashed in the WSOP again this summer.

As to the Pro Pick'Em. I spend 2 minutes a week on the picks. I don't spend time researching. I simple go with my gut feeling.

Our records so far:
    Woody - 166-100 62.41%
    ThunderDan - 158-108 59.40%

Over 266 games you have picked 8 more games correctly. Well done. You deserve the trophy.

-Tim Harmston

Woody-

When you have 6 figure winnings on live Major Tournament Poker and have final Tabled a WSOP Event I'll listen to your poker ramblings. In fact, I cashed in the WSOP again this summer.

As to the Pro Pick'Em. I spend 2 minutes a week on the picks. I don't spend time researching. I simple go with my gut feeling.

Our records so far:
    Woody - 166-100 62.41%
    ThunderDan - 158-108 59.40%

Over 266 games you have picked 8 more games correctly. Well done. You deserve the trophy.
    Well Thank You and a wee hint and Packerrats Pro Pickem:

Focus on esoxx....He's 'the VERY BEST' I'd venture to say anywhere in terms of consistency.

As I wrote earlier and Texas Holdem'..

I'd relish playing you on a Texas Holdem...Five Table.

You'd be tested.

I've never focused on a certain players style and ever lost to that player.

If I decide I'll win...I'll win !

Sadly that's moot as we'll never face one another .
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-30-2016 at 11:48 AM.

As an pretty avid poker player it irks me when people use $ signs to describe tournament pots. You didn't drag a 250,000$ plus pot, you dragged a 250,000 plus CHIP pot. It's a huge and incredibly significant distinction. But any way , glad you got some tv time...carry on.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    As an pretty avid poker player it irks me when people use $ signs to describe tournament pots. You didn't drag a 250,000$ plus pot, you dragged a 250,000 plus CHIP pot. It's a huge and incredibly significant distinction. But any way , glad you got some tv time...carry on.
    Yes, that pot was 250,000 Units. The payout was $95,000 at the end of the tournament when I busted out in 5th.

-Tim Harmston

Yes, that pot was 250,000 Units. The payout was $95,000 at the end of the tournament when I busted out in 5th.
    See now you are just outright lying. I already explained to you I know about poker. Your story already sounded flimsy, but now I know for sure. You didn't finish 5th in the 2006 main event.

You said you won the pot in the main event. Then in another post you said you cashed in that tourney for 95,000. Sorry it was confusing.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    You said you won the pot in the main event. Then in another post you said you cashed in that tourney for 95,000. Sorry it was confusing.
    I have played in the Main Event 4 times. I have played in 9 other WSOP events. I play at the WSOP Circuit Event in Hammond, IN annually. Hadn't gone out to the WSOP for about 5 years since last summer because of the ban on online poker and not being able to get my nut together. Use to play at PokerStars and FullTilt a lot.

-Tim Harmston

I'm watching this team.

We lose with TT and MM. Unless both of them really see the light....CHANGE They have to go for it.[

You seldom win a BOG POT....checking.
    You think the Packers are too laissez faire and you like the Bengals? Haven't won a playoff game since 1990 yet they've had the same coach for 13 years and the same GM for 25 years. Can't get more laissez faire than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    You think the Packers are too laissez faire and you like the Bengals? Haven't won a playoff game since 1990 yet they've had the same coach for 13 years and the same GM for 25 years. Can't get more laissez faire than that.
    Ooooo...la-zy fair. Homer like.

Status quo, Stubby needs to go!

Status quo: upgrade the team!

Status quo - double dipper!