Thread: Rage, Forgetfulness, Identity Crisis"; CTE ... Football's Bogeyman. Answers to the Mystery.

Rage, Forgetfulness, Identity Crisis"; CTE ... Football's Bogeyman. Answers to the Mystery.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/04/health...nesota-Vikings

"Fred did everything. He played ball, went to law school, prepared for life after football. We had the kids. It was a good life, and then it changed." ***

We didn't know. We didn't see it coming," *** Tia McNeill
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Regardless of whatever gets proved about CTE. You are still going to have guys willing to take the risk. The money and glory is too great. Really what's the difference. Some poor schmuck toils away in a 40 hour a week job all his life. Retires and gets diagnosed with cancer, doesn't get to enjoy retirement and doesn't have near the money to take care of their family. These guys are payed more in a season than most will make in a lifetime to play a game. You have soldiers that fight for and defend our country and risk more for a hell of a lot less.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Regardless of whatever gets proved about CTE. You are still going to have guys willing to take the risk. The money and glory is too great. Really what's the difference. Some poor schmuck toils away in a 40 hour a week job all his life. Retires and gets diagnosed with cancer, doesn't get to enjoy retirement and doesn't have near the money to take care of their family. These guys are payed more in a season than most will make in a lifetime to play a game. You have soldiers that fight for and defend our country and risk more for a hell of a lot less.
    Sure, but look at Manziel. 1) need to take money away from rich people in sports because it corrupts them 2) need to end all sports with collisions. Since we pay the emergency room tabs/healthcare, it's just too expensive to have people get hurt. Just have football be played only on X-box and everybody wins.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Sure, but look at Manziel. 1) need to take money away from rich people in sports because it corrupts them 2) need to end all sports with collisions. Since we pay the emergency room tabs/healthcare, it's just too expensive to have people get hurt. Just have football be played only on X-box and everybody wins.

"Just have football be played only on X-box and everybody wins." mraynrand

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau