Thread: Official SB 50 Game Day Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    which one?

Mike Tolbert, isn't it obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Bears came the closest losing 17-15.

Bear down you fucking Bears!

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I'm happy for Peyton Manning that the Denver BRONCOS won Super Bowl 50.
    I'm happy I won't have to watch him throw flutter balls anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

Man, did he go down the shitter this year?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Bear down you fucking Bears!
    That's the spirit!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I know this isn't a deep thought or anything, but I've concluded that winning the Super Bowl is a hell of a lot harder than the average joe thinks it is.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer
    Broncos LB Brandon Marshall said he expected Carolina to add wrinkles. They didn't. "We were like, 'Yo, they aren't switching anything up.'"

Chris B. Brown ‏@smartfootball 7m7 minutes ago
    Was a really odd gameplan - not very multiple, got away from some base stuff, no counters/screens/changeups

Mike Shula everyone! "What, me worry about the Broncos pass rush?"
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I know this isn't a deep thought or anything, but I've concluded that winning the Super Bowl is a hell of a lot harder than the average joe thinks it is.
    I came to that very conclusion myself after watching about 46 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Chris B. Brown ‏@smartfootball 7m7 minutes ago
    Was a really odd gameplan - not very multiple, got away from some base stuff, no counters/screens/changeups
    That's what I was thinking, especially the lack of screens. What did they expect to see?

Ginn Jr. avoiding contact reminded me of the fine year Terry Glenn spent in Green Bay.

Ginn Jr. avoiding contact reminded me of the fine year Terry Glenn spent in Green Bay.
    That dude was running faster towards the sidelines than down the field.

I liked it. I liked the defensive game, the low scores. It made every offensive yard worth it.

It was a good day for the film watchers and analytics guys. But then Berman also picked this result, so who know??

Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar 7h7 hours ago
    Wow, by multiple metrics, tonight was the worst of Manning's 27 playoff games. 5 sacks definitely hurt.

I also can say it's been fun to watch the two worst OL's to win a Super Bowl (2008 Steelers, 2015 Broncos). Both had the #1 D.

I Muted a lot of people last night, and a couple tonight, but they mostly muted themselves. Very quiet evening.

Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar 6h6 hours ago
    He (Oher) had two tonight, but some random dude on Twitter is going to tell me I don't do my homework.

HAD PREVIOUSLY SAID OHER TENDS TO GET CALLED FOR FALSE STARTS MUCH MORE THAN NORMAL. PANTHERS FANS SAID IT WOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM AT NEUTRAL SITE.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I liked it. I liked the defensive game, the low scores. It made every offensive yard worth it.
    I agree on Defense in general, but I hate to see offenses that can do nothing, not even adjust, to make something work. Just bashing your head against a brick wall may be great D but its not as entertaining as defeating that brick wall a couple of times.

I would settle for great D and average O.

Nah, just sign a few impact FA's and voila...Super Bowl. Great GM's win the SB every year.
    Go PACK

I agree on Defense in general, but I hate to see offenses that can do nothing, not even adjust, to make something work. Just bashing your head against a brick wall may be great D but its not as entertaining as defeating that brick wall a couple of times.

Agreed. Both offenses felt very sloppy to me. Would have been nice to see a few sustained drives as well.
    Go PACK

What you saw was a great game. Best game I've watched in a long time. The offenses looked completely vexed b/c the defense was so spectacularly good for both teams.

As I said in another thread, to me, the most important aspect of the game was Denver's rush ends controlling both OT's; taking 1/2 the man rushes that controlled the OT and leveraged Cam into the pocket by making sure they didn't take their rushes too far upfield. Denver did this consistently; and, they consistently got pressure with four - when they sent four. On blitz's? Wade Philips was brilliant; the coverage was great... beautiful thing to watch.

And Carolina was just as good. Kuechley is great player; Norman is one of the best corners in the game; Ealy was a beast in the SB; Thomas Davis; etc, etc... Carolina's defense was great too - watching CJ Anderson battle for 90 yds... love that type of game. Very tough in the trenches...

My kind of game
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    You don't suppose he'll change his mind and try to come back in 2016?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    What you saw was a great game. Best game I've watched in a long time. The offenses looked completely vexed b/c the defense was so spectacularly good for both teams.

As I said in another thread, to me, the most important aspect of the game was Denver's rush ends controlling both OT's; taking 1/2 the man rushes that controlled the OT and leveraged Cam into the pocket by making sure they didn't take their rushes too far upfield. Denver did this consistently; and, they consistently got pressure with four - when they sent four. On blitz's? Wade Philips was brilliant; the coverage was great... beautiful thing to watch.

And Carolina was just as good. Kuechley is great player; Norman is one of the best corners in the game; Ealy was a beast in the SB; Thomas Davis; etc, etc... Carolina's defense was great too - watching CJ Anderson battle for 90 yds... love that type of game. Very tough in the trenches...

My kind of game
    In an era where the offense is so favored by the rules, it was outstanding to see the 2 best defensive teams battle it out. Very enjoyable game.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post

My kind of game
    I really didn't see a great game at all. I am for tough, physical battles...But this game was just sloppy. Drops, fumbles, turnovers, errant throws, penalties, missed calls,a coach refusing to adjust a gameplan. Certainly some talented players on both sides and both defenses were inpressive. But I saw more futility and ineptitude than I saw great play.