Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SB 50 Game Day Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Bill Barnwell ‏@billbarnwell 4m4 minutes ago
    The irony is that the same people trashing Newton are almost surely the ones who buried Peyton for his playoff performance in years past

Newton wasn't horrible, he was overmatched by a Denver D the Vikings damn near beat......*sigh*.....

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    509 yards of total offense. Denver didn't even crack 200 yards. What a horrible game.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    509 yards of total offense. Denver didn't even crack 200 yards. What a horrible game.

I like defense.

Papa has been celebrating.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

PB, lol, a Pizza owner is a hanger on?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Newton total over 300 yards of total O.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Super Bowl? This was the Stupor Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Newton total over 300 yards of total O.
    The three turnovers overwrote that big time.

Well, Bob might think FAs are the lesson these two teams are teaching the Packers.

But the actual answer is that pass rush makes up for a multitude of sins.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Super Bowl? This was the Stupor Bowl.
    I agree. I love the rule changes in favor of offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    The three turnovers overwrote that big time.
    Yep. They were huge. Plus not a lot of breaks in the game, only one fumble they caused ended up in their possession.

Aaron Schatz
    ‏@FO_ASchatz
    Interestingly, another surprisingly poor QB performance by a SB-winning QB was Ben Roethlisberger the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Yep. They were huge. Plus not a lot of breaks in the game, only one fumble they caused ended up in their possession.
    Yup. They had a little luck and alot of defense.

Swann and Stallworth......those were the days.

This is why drawing conclusions about how to win from one game in any year is a terrible idea:

Chris B. Brown ‏@smartfootball
    Worst Manning season of his lengthy career results in a SB; life is weird

Football Perspective ‏@fbgchase Football
    Denver wins a Super Bowl with arguably the worst team of the 4-year Manning era.

Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar
    This also speaks to great teams, given enough chances, should win a SB. Elway built a contender & enough went its way this year. #Champs

As for the last point, they mortgaged everything to get one. Will be an interesting offseason.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Denver has 11 first downs.

-Tim Harmston

who is the blond chick with the really bad big blond wig??

edit: Pat Bowlen's wife. Now we know what's wrong with him, some of her Botox bacteria jumped over to him

Why is Kubiak being booed?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Denver converted 1. 3rd down all game.

-Tim Harmston

Good choice on MVP....helluva player.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    4 of 29 on 3rd down for both teams.

-Tim Harmston