Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SB 50 Game Day Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    How does that work? He wasn;t down yet and the guy brushed up against him while not making a tackle. Manning slipped. Guess I don't know how that rule works.
    Any contact, even incidental, player is considered down.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I agree on dead ball fouls. But you cannot eject on two facemark penalties.
    I'd boot them for two celebration penalties, but that's me......

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    But ball isn't touching the ground in that photo.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Any contact, even incidental, player is considered down.
    Assuming he's heading towards the ground which it looked like, so I guess that makes sense Esoxx.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    That was a fantastic run by Anderson
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Blatant hold right at the ball carrier on kuechly. Denver getting very favorable officiating.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    But ball isn't touching the ground in that photo.
    I think it might be. On the DVR, it looks like it moves and twists, but he also comes into contact with defender.

Not saying its indisputable. But I do think the ref, having an incompletion called on field, can see enough doubt to let call stand.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The Manning I know and love shows up.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    What a pick!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Blatant hold right at the ball carrier on kuechly. Denver getting very favorable officiating.

Man, let's concentrate on the plays, not the million non-calls you see in every game.

I'd boot them for two celebration penalties, but that's me......
    I would let good performers go (Chad Ochocinco, Billy Whiteshoes Johnson, Golden Richards, TO) and punish bad performers (Joe Cellphone Horn, Jared Allen).
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I would let good performers go (Chad Ochocinco, Billy Whiteshoes Johnson, Golden Richards, TO) and punish bad performers (Joe Cellphone Horn, Jared Allen).

They would all go from White Shoes to Gastineau to Newton.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    JHC, it was. Was that a legal hit or not? As soon as I saw it I knew the refs would throw a flag because it was a hard hit on a QB, even though he was a runner.
    Anyone else have thoughts on this? It did not look to me like he was down, even in the replay. Certainly forward progress was not stopped. It was a good, solid hit on a QB that will take on tacklers so defenders can't back off assuming he will slide
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Anyone else have thoughts on this? It did not look to me like he was down, even in the replay. Certainly forward progress was not stopped. It was a good, solid hit on a QB that will take on tacklers so defenders can't back off assuming he will slide

I missed the replay.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I am still not sure why they threw the flag on that play.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Should have kept it inside Cam.

-Tim Harmston

Seems like they are letting them play on both sides.

Man, let's concentrate on the plays, not the million non-calls you see in every game.
    I'd love too. There haven',t been many. The shotty officiating has been a distraction

Awesome two minute drill.

Clock management?