Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Look at all the Free Agents making plays for the Broncos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    It is kind of amazing that horseface the GM has won a Super Bowl.

What an ugly game though.
    I am just going to assume he cheated the cap again and gave Demarcus Ware a car dealership.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am just going to assume he cheated the cap again and gave Demarcus Ware a car dealership.
    No doubt. It's why I have a vile hatred of all things Broncos. Cheating bastards.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    It is kind of amazing that horseface the GM has won a Super Bowl.

What an ugly game though.
    I enjoyed it. If you don't like defense, I guess it was ugly.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Actually both teams utilized free agency quite well to get to the SB.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Actually both teams utilized free agency quite well to get to the SB.
    Carolina was much cheaper though. They had cap problems so they went cheap vet route.

Worked well until Ware and Miller met Oher.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Both Os were in fire.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Trolling, trolling,trolling keep those doggies trolling
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Classic thread by an idiot poster.

Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by RonWolfGOAT View Post
    Ware, Sanders, Talib, Owen Daniels, TJ Ward.....it's almost like there is more than 1 way of buildling a team.

Huh.
    Ware was a street free agent, just like the Packers signing of Peppers the same year.

Sanders was signed the year they lost Decker. That same summer GB resigned Nelson to avoid FA the next year.

Denver signed Talib and lost Rogers-Cromartie the same year; while Green Bay simply re-signed Shields. From the concept of roster building, how much difference is there really in that?

Denver signed Owen Daniels, but also lost Julius Thomas that same year. Would they have been worse off signing their own instead? GB re-signed Cobb, not a TE, but an important piece of their offense the year before.

Ward was signed in 2014, Mike Adams was lost. Denver did get younger, but Adams has been a Pro Bowler the 2 years he has been gone from Denver. Burnett would have been a FA that same year, but agreed to an extension ahead of FA.

I'm not sure free agency is the reason Denver and Green Bay ended up where they did.

Re signing your own guys keeps you consistent. Upgrading at key spots via free agency/trades can put you over the top. Broncos/Panthers show that. You think Broncos with Osweiler, Decker, cromartie,no ware, etc instead of their current squad are a championship caliber team? The packers being passive when it comes to trades and free agency isnt a myth or hyperbole, there is plenty of truth to it.

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Re signing your own guys keeps you consistent. Upgrading at key spots via free agency/trades can put you over the top. Broncos/Panthers show that. You think Broncos with Osweiler, Decker, cromartie,no ware, etc instead of their current squad are a championship caliber team? The packers being passive when it comes to trades and free agency isnt a myth or hyperbole, there is plenty of truth to it.
    I don't think all the Bronco signings were upgrades, anymore than the Packers losing Wells and signing Saturday was an upgrade.

2010 is just as big of a reason that the Panthers and Broncos are where they are.

In 2010:
    Carolina finished 2-14, then drafted Newton #1
    Denver finished 4-12 and drafted Von Miller #2.

League MVP and Super Bowl MVP.

Ware, Sanders, Talib, Owen Daniels, TJ Ward.....it's almost like there is more than 1 way of buildling a team.
    And the Packers, Broncos, Saints, Ravens, Seahawks, Steelers, Pats different team building strats have all led to a different team winning the SB dating back to 2009.

It's almost as if each of these ways are viable ways to build a team...meaning no true right or wrong way. You need the right players, some luck, and momentum to repeat.

You could also say there are 31 ways not to build a team each year. Since only one of the draft/develop heavy teams and FA building teams and the heavy spending spree teams win it every year.

I wonder what posters like the OP did after 2010. Celebrated? Cried? Had a different account name since they're likely some bandwagon/fair weather POS?

Also, I get a kick out of people like the OP since they only start these stupid one off threads and don't really contribute anything else to any other part of the forum (reminds me of some of the worst Bubbler trolls). Though I guess they get people to flame them so there's that.
    Last edited by Striker; 02-08-2016 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    I wonder what posters like the OP did after 2010. Celebrated? Cried? Had a different account name since they're likely some bandwagon/fair weather POS?

Also, I get a kick out of people like the OP since they only start these stupid one off threads and don't really contribute anything else to any other part of the forum (reminds me of some of the worst Bubbler trolls). Though I guess they get people to flame them so there's that.
    This is the correct portion. Trolls will be trolls. No amount of fact giving or counter arguing will get through because that's not what they want. They want to stir up shit. This jackwagon is no different and quite probably is one of the previous trolls with no sexual outlet sitting in their mother's basement.

He's probably jerking it to this thread 3-4 times a day.

Charles Woodson, Howard Green, Ryan Picket...starting to think a lot of that roster was more John Schnieder than we think...

Im not sure how even the most ardent of TT fans can honestly say he has put enough resources into making the ILB and TE positions above average. They don't need to be great, just above average. But hey, at least we have two FBs.

Im not sure how even the most ardent of TT fans can honestly say he has put enough resources into making the ILB and TE positions above average. They don't need to be great, just above average. But hey, at least we have two FBs.
    I don't always argue nonsense, but when I do I point at the two FBs because somehow that makes my point more valid.

I don't always argue nonsense, but when I do I point at the two FBs because somehow that makes my point more valid.

way to ignore the point of my post. common tactic of someone who has lost the argument.

ill say it again: Im not sure how even the most ardent of TT fans can honestly say he has put enough resources into making the ILB and TE positions above average. They don't need to be great, just above average.

We can have this discussion every year.

Team X won the SB. My team isn't building their team the same way, doesn't have the right coach, doesn't play the right offense/defense, isn't good enough at certain positions. Like someone said earlier, there are 31 other teams trying to figure out how to win the SB next year.