Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Look at all the Free Agents making plays for the Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by RonWolfGOAT View Post
    Not only is Elway a better GM than TT, but Elway doesn't even have front office experience and had to learn on the fly.
    Doesn't have front office experience? He's been in training since 2003, 1st as owner, CEO etc. of a minor league team, then as an adviser to the Broncos, then as VP of football operations for the Broncos, now as GM. He started working toward it shortly after retiring as a player.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Doesn't have front office experience? He's been in training since 2003, 1st as owner, CEO etc. of a minor league team, then as an adviser to the Broncos, then as VP of football operations for the Broncos, now as GM. He started working toward it shortly after retiring as a player.
    Once you start presenting facts and rational argument, RonWolfGOAT will be gone like a fart in the wind.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

ah, I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Once you start presenting facts and rational argument, RonWolfGOAT will be gone like a fart in the wind.

nope. i admit when Im wrong.

and if GB had been there, it might have been Julius Peppers, Letroi Guion, James Jones, John Kuhn.
    Your argument loses steam when you act as if there is no difference in these players and their situations vs the key Broncos free agents.

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Your argument loses steam when you act as if there is no difference in these players and their situations vs the key Broncos free agents.
    In what way? Weren't they able to sign with anyone they wanted to? Couldn't any team have signed them if they wanted to? Don't some street free agents, sign big $ contracts? Don't some "regular" free agents get minimum contracts, or no contract at all?

Educate me. What is the difference between a free agent whose contract expires, and a free agent whose contract is terminated before the final year it had on the face of it? What was the difference between James Jones in 2014 and James Jones in 2015?

What was the difference between James Jones in 2014 and James Jones in 2015?
    The hoodie?
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    The hoodie?

In what way? Weren't they able to sign with anyone they wanted to? Couldn't any team have signed them if they wanted to? Don't some street free agents, sign big $ contracts? Don't some "regular" free agents get minimum contracts, or no contract at all?

Educate me. What is the difference between a free agent whose contract expires, and a free agent whose contract is terminated before the final year it had on the face of it? What was the difference between James Jones in 2014 and James Jones in 2015?
    It's a different philosophy, a different kind of approach. Its far more aggressive to pursue a free agent whose contract has expired vs acquiring a guy who was released or taking a flyer on someone else's practice squad,etc. You have to see that? Denver has more pursued free agents that made an impact on this super bowl team than the Pack have had in a decade. There is a clear distinction, in the aggressive approach and the volume. It's clear as day.

It's a different philosophy, a different kind of approach. Its far more aggressive to pursue a free agent whose contract has expired vs acquiring a guy who was released or taking a flyer on someone else's practice squad,etc. You have to see that? Denver has more pursued free agents that made an impact on this super bowl team than the Pack have had in a decade. There is a clear distinction, in the aggressive approach and the volume. It's clear as day.

Bingo.

Bingo.

By the way, Demarcus Ware was a street free agent, just like those the Packers sign, so I guess he doesn't count in your list of how the Broncos do it better?

Classic thread by an idiot poster.

Love it.

How Is Denver's signing of Ware a more aggressive approach than the Packers signing Peppers?
    Both were released because of $ issues.

How Is Denver's signing of Ware a more aggressive approach than the Packers signing Peppers?
    Ware/Peppers is a wash.

Talib?
    Ward?
    Sanders?
    Manning?

By the way, Demarcus Ware was a street free agent, just like those the Packers sign, so I guess he doesn't count in your list of how the Broncos do it better?
    You are being purposefully obtuse. Technicalities and semantics aside Ware was an aggressive move whether he was released or not. Signed in march to a 3 year 30 mil deal. JJ was a stopgap reaction to jordys injury signed in September for 1 year under million. But keep pretending its the same.

Volume. Volume. Volume. Volume . Volume. It's like debating with a wall. You can isolate Peppers v Ware thats fine. Wash. What about the other handful of key IMPACT free agents that are up and down both sides of the ball?

Ware, Sanders, Talib, Owen Daniels, TJ Ward.....it's almost like there is more than 1 way of buildling a team.

Huh.
    Ware was a street free agent, just like the Packers signing of Peppers the same year.

Sanders was signed the year they lost Decker. That same summer GB resigned Nelson to avoid FA the next year.

Denver signed Talib and lost Rogers-Cromartie the same year; while Green Bay simply re-signed Shields. From the concept of roster building, how much difference is there really in that?

Denver signed Owen Daniels, but also lost Julius Thomas that same year. Would they have been worse off signing their own instead? GB re-signed Cobb, not a TE, but an important piece of their offense the year before.

Ward was signed in 2014, Mike Adams was lost. Denver did get younger, but Adams has been a Pro Bowler the 2 years he has been gone from Denver. Burnett would have been a FA that same year, but agreed to an extension ahead of FA.

I'm not sure free agency is the reason Denver and Green Bay ended up where they did.

Re signing your own guys keeps you consistent. Upgrading at key spots via free agency/trades can put you over the top. Broncos/Panthers show that. You think Broncos with Osweiler, Decker, cromartie,no ware, etc instead of their current squad are a championship caliber team? The packers being passive when it comes to trades and free agency isnt a myth or hyperbole, there is plenty of truth to it.

2010 is just as big of a reason that the Panthers and Broncos are where they are.

In 2010:
    Carolina finished 2-14, then drafted Newton #1
    Denver finished 4-12 and drafted Von Miller #2.

League MVP and Super Bowl MVP.

Re signing your own guys keeps you consistent. Upgrading at key spots via free agency/trades can put you over the top. Broncos/Panthers show that. You think Broncos with Osweiler, Decker, cromartie,no ware, etc instead of their current squad are a championship caliber team? The packers being passive when it comes to trades and free agency isnt a myth or hyperbole, there is plenty of truth to it.
    I don't think all the Bronco signings were upgrades, anymore than the Packers losing Wells and signing Saturday was an upgrade.