Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cotchery's Super Bowl Non-Catch

This play was super close. Whatever the call was on the field would have stood because nothing definitive was shown on the replay..

Doesn't mean the refs missed some calls that typically favored Denver. Panthers did themselves no favors. But in key spots....Talib clearly off sides on Gano's missed fg. Kuechly held right in front of the running back on Andersons 35 yd run. Ginn held out of his break AND interfered with on a 3rd down throw with the panthers down 16 to 7. Then Norman gets called for a hold giving denver first and goal which led to the last TD.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Somehow they called Larry Fitzgeralds a catch in the Packers/Cardinals game.
    And that's not surprising either. Basically, to me anyway, nothing is surprising anymore on any of those types of calls.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    It was a catch plain and simple
    It was anything but plain and simple
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

That 'catch' reminded me of the one in the playoffs last year against Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    This play was super close. Whatever the call was on the field would have stood because nothing definitive was shown on the replay..

Doesn't mean the refs missed some calls that typically favored Denver. Panthers did themselves no favors. But in key spots....Talib clearly off sides on Gano's missed fg. Kuechly held right in front of the running back on Andersons 35 yd run. Ginn held out of his break AND interfered with on a 3rd down throw with the panthers down 16 to 7. Then Norman gets called for a hold giving denver first and goal which led to the last TD.
    Well they HAD to call the game that way. They couldn't rely on Manning making it end the way they wanted.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Well they HAD to call the game that way. They couldn't rely on Manning making it end the way they wanted.
    exactly! You got 'em on the run now. The truth is out there!*

*don't miss the X-Files series reboot on FOX!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/02/07...-super-bowl-50

See the Jerricho Cotchery cfatch....NO CATCH in ^^^ LINK above. ^^^

That was a good (fair/legal/solid/) CATCH. An enormous play went south. Why!? Because the Officials blew another one !

In the "I blame the Officials File" but I'm going to do it. 'THANK 'YOU' NFL Officials for figuring in too much and an important impact on a game result AGAIN !

Why? and upon reviewing the Jerricho Cotchery catch ....didn't you SEE it was 'in fact ' a good reception?

I've looked and looked at that play and I cannot see where the pigskin ever touched the playing surface. Cotchery's fingers were under that ball all throughout his roll. The Official blow another important play that led to an enormous outcome advantage and 10- 0 lead for the Peyton Manning DENVER BRONCOS over ................the Cam Newton Carolina Panthers.

And NFL RULES Committee.....Please define a fair catch before next season. Teach the officials what a Fair 'REAL' reception is PLEASE.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Refs got the call right according to the rules of the day. It's a shame for Carolina. But there can be only one.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Maybe Funchess is as dumb as a post (or Jeff Janis), but with his talent, he should have been much more of a factor at the end of the season. Part of his lack of progress must be due to Carolina not facing anything like that Denver defense before the Superbowl, and not having any pressing need to bring him along.

But Carolina flamed out on offense because they had nothing to counter the Denver defense. In their defense (ha ha), it's just that good.
    Funchess is much 'dumber' than Janis. Functionally illiterate. Can hardly speak coherently. Sub-100 IQ quite possibly.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nf...005623032.html

Too bad he can't see so good.

He does take orders from Head Office very well.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau