Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
right. they're speculating that he would get cut, so I assumed that would make him an UFA.
Which leads to my thought that if a player from PB's list can/will be tagged, GB will likely never go after a guy who is tagged such that his agent can still get an offer sheet from other teams. My guess would be a guy like Miller is going to receive an exclusive franchise tag, although it would be interesting to see if Denver does the non-exclusive to pay a bit less than exclusive tag year and to play chicken with any club willing to outbid for his services and line up two first round draft picks, which some teams might be willing to do for his services, but certainly not TT.

I also think TT is a bargain shopper, ala Julius Peppers, and possibly could be in on Matt Forte if he doesn't get stupid money thrown at him. He can diversify any offense.

BTW, many know this stuff in their sleep, but just in case, ESPN has a good recent article about the tagging system: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...franchise-tags