Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Official Senior Bowl Thread

ny Pauline Retweeted
    Rotoworld NFL Draft ‏@Rotoworld_Draft 3h3 hours ago
    Cowboy owner Jerry Jones meets QB Wentz http://tinyurl.com/huxmzty

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 3h3 hours ago Mobile, AL
    Noah Spence/Eastern Kentucky twice smoked LaRaven Clark/Texas Tech off the edge in full scrimmage.

Noah Spence /Eastern Kentucky again looking good out of a two point stance and winning the one on one's. Great hand technique.

Sheldon Rankins/DL/Louisville has been dominating today. Unstoppable.

Graham Glasgow/G/Michigan just stopped Jarran Reed/DL/Alabama dead in tracks on back to back plays.

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 5h5 hours ago Mobile, AL
    Nick Martin/C/Notre Dame just handled Austin Johnson/Penn State on back to back plays. Martin looking good

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 5h5 hours ago Mobile, AL
    Lawrence Thomas/DL/Michigan State looking good. Terrific power and explosion.

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 6h6 hours ago Mobile, AL
    Carson Wentz/QB/NDSU showing impressive ball speed and arm strength in the adverse weather conditions today. Ball cutting through wind.

Tyler Ervin/RB/San Jose State is small but explosive and dynamic. Going to be a good 3rd down back on Sunday.

Braxton Miller/WR/OSU just continues to impress. Looks like he's been playing WR his whole life. Another WOW day for Miller.

Cody Kessler/QB/USC looking sharp in early going. Ball speed on deeper throws better than expected

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 7h7 hours ago Mobile, AL
    Darian Griswold/TE/Arkansas St in route to replace Jake McGee/Florida who's out with a hamstring strain.

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 8h8 hours ago Mobile, AL
    NY Jets spent a lot of time this morning with Darian Thompson/S/Boise State. Thompson had a terrific practice yesterday . Grades 2nd/3rd rnd

I'm told the hopes are Jaylon Smith's recovery time line will run parallel Cedric Oghuehi's, who was ready midway through the season.

Jake Brendel/C/UCLA part of the second wave of seniors to receive an invitation to the Combine. Played well during Shrine week.

Go Carson Wentz and Joe Haeg.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/c...S:topheadlines

Savage: There's Rd. 1 talk around Utah State LB (Kyler) Fackrell
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

The Senior Bowl will be a better game than the Pro Bowl.

Mayock: Alabama LB Reggie Ragland is top-20 pick, Day 1 starter .... Jan 27, 2016 - 9:44 PM

"He's going to step in on Day 1 and run somebody's defense. He's a top-20 pick all day long. He's 260 pounds, so the question is, can he play on third down, can he play the passing game? I think he can. Just because of his leadership skills, his toughness, I think he's going to be a three-down linebacker and a top-20 pick." Mike Mayock

Ragland is manning the outside position this week in the OTTO role under the Jaguars coaching staff.

"He's shown impressive pass rush ability in drills from the edge, something clubs figure to account for in determining his third-down value," ......Chase Goodbread.

"I've got to put myself in position to stay in the top 15, if I am a top-15 pick," Ragland said."There are a lot of guys that can go in the top 15, top 10. I'm trying to keep myself in position to stay with those guys."

Source: NFL.com

GO PACKERS !
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Ohio States WR Braxton Miller emulates Pitt's Antonio Brown

"AB, Antonio Brown, he's the guy (I emulate)," Miller said.

"He's got athleticism and explosion. He can play inside and outside, so he brings both to the table."

Miller has tantalizing upside, but NFL Media analyst Lance Zierlein was a bit more realistic in his NFL comparison for Miller, likening him to Washington Redskins WR Andre Roberts.

"I love getting to go outside (against cornerbacks in single coverage)," Miller said.

"It's a lot more fun outside. Either you will win or he will win, so it's a chance to show out. Inside, you've got the safety, you've got a rotation guy, the linebacker, on the outside it's one on one. Inside, it's more traffic."

CBS Sports Dane Brugler said:

"...when it comes to athletes at North practice, it's Braxton Miller and then everyone else."

Source: NFL.com ... Jan 27 - 3:53 PM

PACKERS !

The Irish part of me can't help but love a name like Ragland.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Ohio States WR Braxton Miller emulates Pitt's Antonio Brown

"AB, Antonio Brown, he's the guy (I emulate)," Miller said.

"He's got athleticism and explosion. He can play inside and outside, so he brings both to the table."

Miller has tantalizing upside, but NFL Media analyst Lance Zierlein was a bit more realistic in his NFL comparison for Miller, likening him to Washington Redskins WR Andre Roberts.

"I love getting to go outside (against cornerbacks in single coverage)," Miller said.

"It's a lot more fun outside. Either you will win or he will win, so it's a chance to show out. Inside, you've got the safety, you've got a rotation guy, the linebacker, on the outside it's one on one. Inside, it's more traffic."

CBS Sports Dane Brugler said:

"...when it comes to athletes at North practice, it's Braxton Miller and then everyone else."

Source: NFL.com ... Jan 27 - 3:53 PM

PACKERS !
    I'm hesitant to consider Miller with his past injury history. We have enough receivers already that can't stay on the field.

My guess is that the Packers playoff win over Washington probably eliminated any chance of getting Ragland. But you never know. I didn't think they'd get HHCD a couple of years ago.

Blog Entries
    We could do this thing called Trade up for Ragland
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    If you're gonna do that I'd rather have ND's Smith.

Yeah, I'd rather have Smith if his knee checks out. We have no idea on the health front, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I'm hesitant to consider Miller with his past injury history. We have enough receivers already that can't stay on the field.
    I'm hesitant to consider him when he struggled to get open as a receiver at the college level. I know the kid was switching positions...but being a QB, he already knew the playbook and routes. He seemed to regress over the course of this season instead of improve.

He's a great athlete. I'm not sure he's a great receiver. He certainly isn't playing QB at the next level. He reminds me more of Kordell Stewart...great athlete, but just really didn't have a true spot at the NFL level. We've already invested $$$ in a former college QB turned WR, no need for another.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    It could cost a 2nd round pick to move up far enough to get Ragland. He's a good prospect, but he's not that good. He's not regarded as highly as C.J. Mosley or Shazier.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Yeah, I'd rather have Smith if his knee checks out. We have no idea on the health front, though.
    Last report was multiple torn ligaments., ACL and LCL, but the feared nerve damage did not occur. There was some thought that he might stay at ND for another year, but I see he did declare for the draft.
    Last edited by Patler; 01-28-2016 at 11:31 PM.

Ted Thompson in his glory.

He may not be a perfect GM, but he knows how to scout the kids.

I wonder if he drives a rusted white van to the field.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Are these guys you think could be available when we pick at #27?
    Just some guys I think the Packers might be interested at various points in the 1st 3 rounds.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Seems that the defensive line is the show case at the Senior Bowl practice. CJ Reader from Clemson had a big day to go along with Rankins from Louisville, and Vernon Butler from Louisiana Tech.

Rankins apparently sprained a knee