Thread: Packers Re-sign Guion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I'd concentrate on resigning Neal before Raji...
    Who first, Neal or Perry? I vacillate on that choice. As they exist today, I would probably take Neal; but, I have a feeling Perry has potential yet to reach, whereas I see Neal as all he will ever be. Perry doesn't turn 26 until April, still young with time to develop. In two or three years, he could be a better player than he is today. I don't think that is true for Neal.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Who first, Neal or Perry? I vacillate on that choice. As they exist today, I would probably take Neal; but, I have a feeling Perry has potential yet to reach, whereas I see Neal as all he will ever be. Perry doesn't turn 26 until April, still young with time to develop. In two or three years, he could be a better player than he is today. I don't think that is true for Neal.
    I'd take Neal over Perry, but they both bring positives to the field.

Perry is tough, strong. Can effectively lock out and control OT's to set the edge. Isn't great at disengaging, but he's okay. In the nickel, he's a much better fit outside than Clay is; while at the same time, Clay is the best ILB we have on the roster. So Perry's emergence has filled two holes and helped give the defense some backbone.

On the other side, Neal is probably the most consistent outside pass rusher we have. His consistent pressure from LOLB/LDE needs to be recognized. Don't break the bank - but pay the man.

Of Guion, Neal, Perry and Raji - I'd have Raji last on that wish list.
    wist

If I knew each would be healthy, I'd take Perry. That's not the case, so I lean towards Neal.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    If I knew each would be healthy, I'd take Perry. That's not the case, so I lean towards Neal.
    Yet, Perry played a lot more games in his 4 years than Neal did in his first 4. I'm hoping Perry matures physically into a more reliable player, just as Neal did.

Yet, Perry played a lot more games in his 4 years than Neal did in his first 4. I'm hoping Perry matures physically into a more reliable player, just as Neal did.
    Perry has a little Cullen Jenkins in him. Every year he has a nagging problem. Usually shoulder, sometimes foot.

Also, Perry is better in run support on edge than either Neal or Clay, but Clay is best if he has to drop to coverage. Not close either way. Perry on edge and Clay in middle was the basic reason the run defense improved after the by week last year.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.