Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Manning Settled Defamation Suit in 2003

It was trending like crazy on Facebook for a while...for whatever that's worth. There was an interesting response on FOX Sports by this guy, who writes like a fanboy.
    http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...brigade-021316

Either way, if there are legal documents out there, I'd think they speak for themselves. Hoax or no, I certainly wouldn't want any woman I know -- whether family, friend, colleague -- to be treated this way.
    Everybody does dumb stuff in college, but I think there are limits.

Travis' piece would be more convincing if he didn't believe (despite the target's affidavit otherwise) that the mooning wasn't directed at another player, but at the trainer.

The mooning of another player narrative came up when the trainer tried to get it to blow over. Manning repeated a version of it in his book.

As to the question of to whom Manning wanted to show his ass, Malcolm Saxon, a track and field athlete who was in the room during the incident, wrote a letter to Manning to say that no, he was not the intended moon-ee (as Manning had written in his book), imploring him to “maintain some dignity and admit to what happened… Your celebrity doesn’t mean you can treat folks that way… Do the right thing here.”
    It would also be more believable if Travis could explain why a simple mooning incident cost the University $300,000 to settle (from the Daily Beast article linked), why Maning sought to trash her reputation and why he had to pay her again in 2003 and might have had to pay her again in 2005 (don't have any details other than another lawsuit was filed due to an appearance on ESPN).

I have seen a LOT of mooning in my life (probably more than is responsibly admitted). It cost no one dining privileges and north of $300,000. And two lawsuits.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...x-scandal.html
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Sue me!

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Oh wow, a young man who had a lot of glory on the football field thought this woman wanted the D. Big whoop. Something was going on where he had his pants off. He dropped his scrotum and rectum in her face. At that point he probably realized he read the situation wrongly and stopped. He was a young man learning how to navigate life with a sex drive that can be confusing in the sense that it overpowers the mind with feelings that seem like reality. Just say no, ladies. If he keeps going, that's where it becomes a problem to me. A guy thinking a girl wants sex until she specifies...... Get over it. That's life. Especially with young men.
    It's logical what you post here and I agrre with it as we were at Peyton Manning 's age.

The trouble is that it's gotten much more different then when we were of the age Peyton Manning was when this took place.

The funny thing all the same is that today in many places 's a dog is still allowed it's first bite.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

What would a count of the number of harassment lawsuits or police investigations of assault that members of this board had experienced by their 22nd birthday reveal? I guess the number is close to 1 than 1 per person. Not to mention the settlement amount or subsequent 2 lawsuits.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

SI is on the case, and is saying its cache of documents differ from the Daily News doc.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/02/14/pey...ents-tennessee

1. 2002 lawsuit alleges grossly inappropriate conduct but does not specify gluteus maximus, taint and testicles on the head as the conduct. PFT thinks this misreads a court filing for a detailed statement of alleged conduct.

2. 1996 affidavit though does not mention junk on head at all. Though its description of the event is bare bones enough that this event could still fit inside its description. But the detail or direct mention of specific conduct is absent.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    What would a count of the number of harassment lawsuits or police investigations of assault that members of this board had experienced by their 22nd birthday reveal? I guess the number is close to 1 than 1 per person. Not to mention the settlement amount or subsequent 2 lawsuits.
    The Peyton Manning I know from the Nationwide commercials would never commit any wrong, or at least any wrong that everyone else hadn't committed as well. Plus, of course, everyone has also texted a picture of their genitals to a cheerleader at least once in their life. You're a guy, it's what you do. <- sorry, wrong insurance company.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I wonder of the lost wages insurance that colleges allow undergrads/schools to purchase includes umbrella coverage for assault or defamation?

I wonder if Nationwide is on Peyton's side

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I wonder if Nationwide is on Peyton's side
    Now my balls are in your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Now my balls are in your face.
    Manning scrotum tastes so good

^^^^ That was so off color, I printed it with color off. Highlight it if you're desperately curious....

Joke so good I clap this hard
    Last edited by pbmax; 02-15-2016 at 12:37 PM.

dp

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    dp
    Unsettlingly appropriate after mraynrand's joke.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Unsettlingly appropriate after mraynrand's joke.
    Broadband fiber ain't all its cracked up to be. Between the delay in posting and somehow the laptop auto correcting the hand clap emoji to a smiley face emoji clap, it was a weird time, believe me. dp almost doesn't cover the level of possession my computer was under.

Maybe the government is editing me as I type rather than auto correct.

More leaks:

Manning's filing in 2002 for Summary Judgement/Dismissal: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...famation-case/

She circumstantial evidence that the redacted portion of Trainers 2002 filing had to do with Academic fraud: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...cademic-fraud/

Interesting decision, possible error:

Critical witness not deposed by Manning's team in 2002: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ed-under-oath/

ESPN has handed its reporting to people who won't have to ask the League embarrassing questions while promoting upcoming games. They discovered a report from a Crisis Center that recorded Naughright reporting the Manning incident the day it happened.

Outside The Lines: http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...-1996-incident

http://espn.go.com/pdf/2016/0222/esp...isiscenter.pdf

The document shows one of five boxes checked for describing the incident: “Adult sexual assault.” The document doesn’t name Manning, but refers generally to a “very well known public figure.”
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...y-of-incident/

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    So, what the heck is going on with this thing? I mean, what's the end game to all this? Is something that happened over a decade ago now being brought up due to Manning winning a SB?

I'm just a little lost as to why the big hubbub right now.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

If you can't suppress bad news about a Dear Leader, you quietly release it while he is on parade after a glorious victory in battle. The rabble is much more accepting at that moment and the frivolities of youth are carefully rationalized away with a chuckle, a knowing nod and a facial expression etched with just the right amount of chagrin and remorse. "boys will be boys" Tomorrow comes, the sun rises, and only the memory of victory and celebration remains. The king has been purified by glory.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    The Peyton Manning I know from the Nationwide commercials would never commit any wrong, or at least any wrong that everyone else hadn't committed as well. Plus, of course, everyone has also texted a picture of their genitals to a cheerleader at least once in their life. You're a guy, it's what you do. <- sorry, wrong insurance company.
    "....of course, everyone has also texted a picture of their genitals to a cheerleader at least once in their life."

Ohh ! ...... mraynrand I'm a tad shocked. Have you no pride?

Why did you want to make the gals laugh so hard they nearly passed out?

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau