Remember the story of Peyton dropping his nut sack on a female trainer while at Tennessee? In my memory, and as the article mentions explicitly, I took the reporting to mean that she worked as something akin to a Team Manager. But she held a Masters Degree and either had or shortly would have a PhD from UT. By the time of the 1996 incident, she was the Director of Health & Wellness for the Men's Athletic Program at UT. She was the head trainer I believe.

There was a previous complaint between the two in 1994 that Manning's lawyers successfully had sealed. The University settled her complaint after the 1996 incident and as part of that agreement she left the University.

Manning then wrote a book which contained references to the '96 incident and his less than flattering descriptions of the woman and allegations about her behavior while at Tennessee. He had violated a confidentiality agreement. During the subsequent case it was revealed that Peyton told others she had a potty mouth and was sleeping with students. Specifically, black students he told his Daddy.

She sued Manning directly this time for defamation and he settled with her after failing to get the case thrown out of court. This time Peyton had to shell out his own cash. Which might help explain some of his commercial choices.

The Daily News has got a court submission from her side posted with their article. The article is not that impressive. But the document is.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2530395