Von Miller.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/02/14/v...-bowl-mvp--nfl

Sherman, the former Packers coach, replaced Dennis Franchione in 2008 at A&M and began butting heads with Miller, who wasn’t a serious student and liked to have too much fun. “He was young and immature, and he was screwing up—missing class, missing study hall, generally being a pain in the ass,” Sherman said the other day. “I kicked him out that spring. I told him, ‘Get outta here.’ I think he was shocked. He loaded up his truck and left. But I always credit his dad. If his dad had given him a soft landing and let him come home and transfer, I don’t believe he’d have won the Butkus Award and gone so high in the draft.”

Miller’s father told him he’d better go back to College Station and make this work with his coach. “I was just a 19-, 20-year-old kid,” Miller said, “stuck in the ways of my old coach. But Coach Sherman, he was 100 percent consistent across the board. Be on time, get to class, do everything right. He was the best thing that happened to me. I began to stack good days on top of good days, good habits on top of good habits. Coach Sherman was an NFL coach at a college job, and I needed to hear what he was saying. What I’ll always remember him saying to me is, ‘You can’t lead double lives.’ ”