Thread: Off-Season Fannish Speculation - Tight End

Off-Season Fannish Speculation - Tight End

Recently, it came out that Eric Ebron of the Lions once again made himself look bad off the field - something about tweeting some defiant stuff about being hated, then coming out with a new T-shirt line of his own - kinda puffed up, but still stuff Detroiters didn't like, given that his second season was not exactly a coming-out party.

So, since it's the offseason and it's slow, let's speculate. Would the Lions be at all interested, with the new GM and all, in dumping this guy? He's been a disappointment, a minor locker-room distraction, some dropped balls. Would the new GM value a new pick instead of someone else's underperforming first-rounder? And if so, what would they want?

Would you give up the Packers' third round pick for Eric Ebron?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    No, I wouldn't give up a third round pick for him, but I wouldn't throw a tv through the window if it happened.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    No, I wouldn't give up a third round pick for him, but I wouldn't throw a tv through the window if it happened.
    What's a "TV?"
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    It shows moving pictures. It's great.

Isn't that a Watch?

[IMG][/IMG]
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

They won't give up on a top 10 pick like Ebron after 2 seasons unless he kidnaps children and drives around Detroit in a foreign car. Still, if by some weird chance they traded within the division to GB for a R3, I wouldn't be upset. He's athletic and would be an interesting change of pace from DickRod. He's kind of Finleyesque (Finleyish?)...perhaps almost Singletary-era Vernon Davis.

I'm not sure Matt Millen would trade Ebron after 2 seasons.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Does it show any other Rush albums?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Does it show any other Rush albums?
    Hold Your Fire! This is not some Fly By Night idea. It could even become a Permanent Wave, or last until 2112.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan