Thread: Hundley's Rookie Year

Hundley's Rookie Year

Everyone bookmark this one so we can settle all arguments quickly after four years have passed and we are trying to decide when we were all convinced Hundley was going to be a good starter.

His rookie preseason:
    Hundley, 22, was inactive for all 18 games this season, and the sparkling highlight reel he compiled in August and early September was thrust ever deeper into the recesses of public perception. The passer rating of 129.6, the 69% completion rate, the seven touchdowns and only one interception faded as the dregs of training camp were washed away.
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/370281331.html
    Last edited by pbmax; 02-26-2016 at 01:51 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

M3 on B2:

“He’s really come on fast," coach Mike McCarthy said Thursday. “He’s doing what you’re supposed to do. He’s taken every note from Aaron and Scott (Tolzien). He has really dove into the offense. Very bright young man. Very athletic. Boy, I’m glad we have him.”

“I’m excited about Brett,” McCarthy said. “I think if you go back and watch him play in the preseason, it speaks volumes. He did a heck of a job."

“I think the first game was probably normal for a rookie quarterback. He just got comfortable and was out there making plays. Plays very systematic as far as staying in clean plays when he was given a run-pass option. Brett Hundley has a very bright future.”
    Or should he be B3 because of Brett Goode?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    M3 on B2:

Or should he be B3 because of Brett Goode?

Hate to dispel the Odell myth a bit, but I really liked Hundley coming out; thought he was a 2nd round draft pick. Much of this was due to a NFL Network interview I listed to with his head coach...who pimped his talent, work ethic, and habits.

He seemed a bit slow to pick things up but once he did you could tell.

I'd take him over Tolzien any day
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    I really like Hundley.

Didn't realize his camp stix were that great.

Unless Tolzien goes out of his mind, B2, B3, whatever gets the QB2 gig.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    I really like Hundley.

Didn't realize his camp stix were that great.

Unless Tolzien goes out of his mind, B2, B3, whatever gets the QB2 gig.
    Tolzien is a free agent. He won't be back. They may grab a guy for the practice squad to be a third stringer, but I don't think they will carry 3 QB's this year.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Tolzien is a free agent. He won't be back. They may grab a guy for the practice squad to be a third stringer, but I don't think they will carry 3 QB's this year.
    I have no problem seeing Tolzien go as imo he is overrated. However I think not carrying 3 QB's is a huge mistake, since they don't seem concerned about protecting Rodgers.

I'd say respective of MM's opinion of him he's our backup this season.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau