Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: HUNTER HENRY HAS MY BLESSING

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I think Hunter Henry was not as important to have as Kenny Clark. You can blame BJ Raji for that.
    Yup. Controlling the line of scrimmage is still of basic importance. We need first round talent there.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Yup. Controlling the line of scrimmage is still of basic importance. We need first round talent there.

But is Kenny Clark 1st round talent ? A few years ago the Jets picked Muhommed Wilkerson. Is he that good ?
    I want the better player at that pick. I wanted Hunter Henry
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    But is Kenny Clark 1st round talent ? A few years ago the Jets picked Muhommed Wilkerson. Is he that good ?
    I want the better player at that pick. I wanted Hunter Henry
    Your priorities are wacky. Muhammad Wilkerson is currently the best player on the 30th ranked Jets D.

You probably also want to sign Suh to big money too.

You're a skirt chaser Bretsky. Only that skirt is hiding a terrible secret. They are team killers.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Your priorities are wacky. Muhammad Wilkerson is currently the best player on the 30th ranked Jets D.

You probably also want to sign Suh to big money too.

You're a skirt chaser Bretsky. Only that skirt is hiding a terrible secret. They are team killers.

Bretsky NEVER made any mention of wanting Suh; it's not hard to figure out who I wanted in the past because I always post it. You won't find too many team killers on my list.

Captain Obvious players you may or may not remember would be Odell Smash Mouth Thurman, AJ Hawk, The Dirty Crab over BJ Raji, Brooks Reed, Erik Kenricks, Calvin Prior, Ryan Shazier, and Hunter Henry among others..............

As far as being s skirt chaser......yes........I love chasing skirts. But they are not team killers......well.........Odell Thurman might have been but the rest aren't.

Neither is Hunter Henry

And it's time IMO to hold TT accountable for his inflexible ways that seems to be making us a fart in he wind.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

And it's time IMO to hold TT accountable for his inflexible ways that seems to be making us a fart in he wind.
    I think TT has provided rosters that were good enough. Fate, coaching and Aaron Rodgers have gotten in the way of other trips to the SB.
    Last edited by Patler; 10-23-2016 at 03:16 PM.

Again, I watched MattStaff today, and he looked a lot better than Rodgers has looked lately. Are his receivers more open? Maybe. I don't know. He and Stafford were both threading the needle today.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Again, I watched MattStaff today, and he looked a lot better than Rodgers has looked lately. Are his receivers more open? Maybe. I don't know. He and Stafford were both threading the needle today.
    Stafford has been benefitting from Jim Bob Coter's offense, as dumb as that seems to say.

Rodgers is being slowly strangulated by M3's refusal to attack man coverage with pattern combos, motion and receiver positioning.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Bretsky NEVER made any mention of wanting Suh; it's not hard to figure out who I wanted in the past because I always post it. You won't find too many team killers on my list.

Captain Obvious players you may or may not remember would be Odell Smash Mouth Thurman, AJ Hawk, The Dirty Crab over BJ Raji, Brooks Reed, Erik Kenricks, Calvin Prior, Ryan Shazier, and Hunter Henry among others..............

As far as being s skirt chaser......yes........I love chasing skirts. But they are not team killers......well.........Odell Thurman might have been but the rest aren't.

Neither is Hunter Henry

Hunter Henry is in the concussion protocol.

Weak head!

Neither is Hunter Henry

Wait a minute.

Which Tedways are inflexible?

He signs a FA TE this offense, a player acquisition method that you once staged an avatar protest to encourage. Now that Cook got injured, you suddenly want him to rely solely on the draft?

Make up your mind!

Stafford has been benefitting from Jim Bob Coter's offense, as dumb as that seems to say.

Rodgers is being slowly strangulated by M3's refusal to attack man coverage with pattern combos, motion and receiver positioning.
    pb, you are a confusing individual. You defend stubby all the time, yet you also criticize him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    pb, you are a confusing individual. You defend stubby all the time, yet you also criticize him.
    Nope. Reality is complex and not easily solved with binary choices.

Both Rodgers and McCarthy have issues right now. But there are very few better than either.

So you can punt one or both, but the odds you improve your team are tiny. Far better odds that the team gets worse.

So you work with them to get them out of their funk.

Both Rodgers and McCarthy have issues right now. But there are very few better than either.

So you can punt one or both, but the odds you improve your team are tiny. Far better odds that the team gets worse.

This I agree with. I think they are both Top 5 in their respective categories (at least). How many teams have both in the Top 5? or even Top 10? The odds are stacked against getting better in either spot, and definitely stacked towards getting worse in both. Right now there isn't a divide between coach and GM. I don't want to see one either. Those are never good for the team.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Don't you understand, you MUST either worship the player or coach and find no fault with him whatsoever, or despise him and advocate for his ouster.

I first began questioning Rodgers decision making at the end of 2014. You may recall that I critiqued their last drive in the Seattle playoff game, play by play, arguing that he made poor decisions on many of the plays. I dismissed it as maybe due to his calf injury, but I wasn't sure how that changed what he saw and decided, because he seemed to still throw well and run to some extent. I was roundly criticized for wanting him gone. In fact, I just wanted him to play better.

During 2015 I raised many questions about Rodgers' share of the blame for the failing offense, and during the off season said the start of 2016 would tell us if 2015 was an aberration or a new normal for Rodgers that had to be accepted if unchangeable or dealt with if correctable. Manny seemed to consider me a lunatic for wanting to get rid of Rodgers, when in fact I just wanted him to play better, or for MM to adapt.

But, that is never an option. You can not want to keep a coach/player/GM yet still be dissatisfied with some aspect of what they do. It simply is not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Don't you understand, you MUST either worship the player or coach and find no fault with him whatsoever, or despise him and advocate for his ouster.

I first began questioning Rodgers decision making at the end of 2014. You may recall that I critiqued their last drive in the Seattle playoff game, play by play, arguing that he made poor decisions on many of the plays. I dismissed it as maybe due to his calf injury, but I wasn't sure how that changed what he saw and decided, because he seemed to still throw well and run to some extent. I was roundly criticized for wanting him gone. In fact, I just wanted him to play better.

During 2015 I raised many questions about Rodgers' share of the blame for the failing offense, and during the off season said the start of 2016 would tell us if 2015 was an aberration or a new normal for Rodgers that had to be accepted if unchangeable or dealt with if correctable. Manny seemed to consider me a lunatic for wanting to get rid of Rodgers, when in fact I just wanted him to play better, or for MM to adapt.

But, that is never an option. You can not want to keep a coach/player/GM yet still be dissatisfied with some aspect of what they do. It simply is not allowed.

I see that my years of quiet tutelage have finally paid off, Patler.

This is a monumental moment. We can take a moment to appreciate the immensity of what you've done here. Yet we cannot be satisfied. We cannot simply stop here.

Next, work on your phrasing. Turn "I just wanted him to play better" into "Rodgers sucks!" Turn "I wanted MM to adapt" into "MM is stuck in a rut!"

Once you've developed a harsher phrasing, we can work on larger generalizations and harsher criticisms. Then we'll work on your ability to criticize no matter what Rodgers or MM or Thompson does, and no matter how the season turns out. Don't let any Packer success get you down. If you are diligent in your efforts, you'll find it's possible to criticize any and all of them roundly, even if they win the Super Bowl!

Still, let's not lose sight of what you've accomplished today. This is a big first step. Big.

PB, I hope you were watching all of this. I think that if Patler can make such a transition, I don't see why you can't, too.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

"MM is stuck in Rut!"
    I always knew RutnStrut was totally gay for Stubby.

Blog Entries
    Wait a minute.

Which Tedways are inflexible?

He signs a FA TE this offense, a player acquisition method that you once staged an avatar protest to encourage. Now that Cook got injured, you suddenly want him to rely solely on the draft?

Make up your mind!
    COME ON MAN

I'm not hard to figure out. I'd like to see a consistent blend of free agency, trades, and the draft. I praised the Cook signing but let's not mistake that for anyting Ted did even on a remotely consistent basis. 1 trade the the past six years......it's draft and develop in here along with an occasional free agent signing to shock the world. Bring Elway to Green Bay. Bring Schneider to Green Bay. Hell, I'll take Eliot Wolf in Green Bay

COME ON MAN

I'm not hard to figure out. I'd like to see a consistent blend of free agency, trades, and the draft. I praised the Cook signing but let's not mistake that for anyting Ted did even on a remotely consistent basis. 1 trade the the past six years......it's draft and develop in here along with an occasional free agent signing to shock the world. Bring Elway to Green Bay. Bring Schneider to Green Bay. Hell, I'll take Eliot Wolf in Green Bay

Just jokes baby, just jokes.

You want the 90's brand of GM back. It doesn't exist anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    You want the 90's brand of GM back. It doesn't exist anymore.
    I am pretty sure that trading your All-Pro center for an All-Pro TE to be used in an offense that is not TE friendly will eventually pay off for John Schneider and the Seahawks. And then the warrior-king GM will be back!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I always knew RutnStrut was totally gay for Stubby.

Let's start calling a spade. TT is an average GM. Struck gold with Rodger and the Claymaker. Has been ok besides that. I'd just like an upgrade