Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: HUNTER HENRY HAS MY BLESSING

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I'm going to send the guy a Packer jersey that says "Thanks Bretsky" on the back.
    The NFL loses a guy. But the Odell Thurman club gains a new member.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Interesting comment from Greg Gabriel about Hunter Henry:
    Methinks Greg Gabriel is a horse's ass, which I just confirmed by finding out that he was formerly the Bears' director of college scouting. In another statement, he claims the 49ers were still deciding between Smith and Rodgers days before the draft. No way he knows if that's true or not.

So as far as improving by 8 reps in a few weeks, no one can do that short of putting on Herc's ring, roids or no roids. The answer is elsewhere, had a bad day, lost his grip, had to belch during his set, etc. That's what pro days give players a chance to do, give them a second chance to show their stuff.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The NFL loses a guy. But the Odell Thurman club gains a new member.

Laugh all you want

But remember this when Hunter Henry plays in the Pro Bowl !!! ))
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Laugh all you want

But remember this when Hunter Henry plays in the Arena League Pro Bowl !!! ))
    There you go.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

It will be interesting to see when he gets picked. Articles clearly list him as the #1 TE prospect in this draft, but if you read all the way through the articles, many go on to say that he really doesn't compare to top prospects of recent drafts. Only 2 TEs have been picked in the first rounds of the last five drafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    It will be interesting to see when he gets picked. Articles clearly list him as the #1 TE prospect in this draft, but if you read all the way through the articles, many go on to say that he really doesn't compare to top prospects of recent drafts. Only 2 TEs have been picked in the first rounds of the last five drafts.
    There's at least 1-2 position groups every year that the experts say this same thing. Is there a Feb-April style guide that draft experts have to follow?

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Early on I really wanted Hunter in the first. I fell in love with the thought he was the next Jason Witten. (Nfl.com's words not mine). But now I'm not as impressed. I just think there are more and better prospects at other positions worth our top pick or picks, depending on where he falls. Intrigued by Cook and maybe a later round project to add to DickRod at TE.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Blog Entries
    HUNTER HENRY
    LAST 4 GAMES

24 TARGETS
    18 CATCHES.......
    290 YARDS
    3 TOUCHDOWNS

Hunter Henry would look good in Green n Gold
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I'm not surprised. Big enough, fast enough, very good hands, he seemed to be a natural with getting open and using his body to shield and just being overall a reliable target.

I could see him being like Jason written. Well worth a first round pick imo.

But we have the healthy Justin Harrell, Kenny Clark!!

Blog Entries
    Hunter Henry would have been a great pick for us, even in round one. He's such a natural pass catcher out there. He will make a pro bowl...or several.

And we'll have Kenny Clark...well....for a bit

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Hunter Henry would have been a great pick for us, even in round one. He's such a natural pass catcher out there. He will make a pro bowl...or several.

And we'll have Kenny Clark...well....for a bit
    I'm a buyer, B.

Just drafted HH to be my back-up TE.

I need him in the 9th week when Gronk has his bye.

I haven't been able to watch much this year. How does Clark look?

Speaking of tight ends, Cook was a great pick up. Right? Right?

When will his injury be over?
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Speaking of tight ends, Cook was a great pick up. Right? Right?

When will his injury be over?

Cook would have bee alright

We need Hunter Henry; Cook was a bonus. That would have been bold

I think Clark has looked decent-to-good for a rookie...and I'd argue the need on the DLine with the Raji and Pennel situations was bigger. Having Cook back will help.

I think the priorities next year will be CB, WR (you can include TE here), and RB.

They will have a lot of FA this year so I think they will just plug a lot of those holes. No idea if they keep Lang over Tretter, or keep neither.

I think corner as a priority depends on the development of the Randall, Rolllins and Hawkins. I think they know what they have in Gunter, and he'll get better too.
    I would argue that OLB will be a bigger need if Perry and Jones depart. Peppers is good as gone, and Matthews is aging...so they'll need to keep finding guys there.

I could see TE and RB being up there -- hard to say if you keep Cook or move on. Rodgers is a #2 TE and Perillo is a maxed out tryhard guy.
    Do they keep Lacy? Do they keep Starks? I think they will use Montgomery as their utility RB/WR guy unless someone falls to them...but if Lacy walks they need a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I haven't been able to watch much this year. How does Clark look?
    Decent, but not great. Probably had his best game against the Bears, so maybe he's coming around. Clark is a very young player. He just turned 21 earlier this month.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...ears/92514272/

Rookie NT Kenny Clark, the first-round draft choice, played just 15 snaps but made them all count. He crunched Cody Whitehair, a capable rookie center, for a no-gain tackle. He penetrated against RG Kyle Long to set up a tackle for loss. He hustled on a screen. He moved fast laterally on a run away and made a punishing tackle. Clark’s best game made one eager to see more, but with the Bears as inept as they were there were just 48 plays in which to parcel out playing time.
    Last edited by Joemailman; 10-22-2016 at 09:21 PM.

I think Hunter Henry was not as important to have as Kenny Clark. You can blame BJ Raji for that.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack