Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: HUNTER HENRY HAS MY BLESSING

Blog Entries

HUNTER HENRY HAS MY BLESSING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cssltYsOVmI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8roJxXin-w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV5u...3eTUH_Vp8XKPJg

I WOULD BE ON BOARD FOR THIS

HEY LOOK.................IT"S A TE WHO CAN RUN DEEP ROUTES AND RUN AFTER THE CATCH

The Green Bay Packers Draft........HUNTER HENRY...............ROUND ONE..............2016 draft
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Overview

Three years ago, the Razorbacks were delighted to have a legacy recruit in their backyard (Little Rock), who just happened to be one of the top tight end prospects in the country. His father, Mark, played offensive tackle for Arkansas from 1988 to 1991, serving as a team captain his senior year. Hunter didn't make it to his senior year, however, choosing to enter the 2016 NFL Draft after a spectacular junior season where he won the John Mackey Award as the nation’s top tight end and garnered consensus first team All-American honors. The first-team All-SEC pick by league coaches and media had 51 catches for 739 yards and three scores on the year. This production wasn’t out of the blue, given his recruiting status and production as a sophomore (37-513, two touchdowns receiving) and a true freshman in 2013 (28-409, four scores despite fighting issues in both knees).

Analysis

Strengths Flat-*running stud as a run blocker and a big part of Arkansas' running game success. Strikes into the frame of defenders with inside hands and blocks with a wide, strong base. Able to turn outside linebackers and cornerbacks out of their run fits and sustains his blocks as long as he can. Had no drops and 51 catches this season. Able to secure contested catches and eminent hits won't scare him away from the catch. Able to work all three levels as a go-*to target. Too talented to be covered by most linebackers. Able to run a variety of routes and has no reason to leave the field.

Weaknesses Don't need much space for this section. Can get a little grabby as a run blocker and was penalized for three holding calls in 2015. Is a little upright into his breaks with rounded turns over sharp cuts. Is a little labored when adjusting his routes to traffic.

NFL Comparison Jason Witten

Bottom Line By far, the premier tight end in the 2016 draft. Henry is a big body with the athleticism to get open, the hands to finish catches in traffic and the blocking ability to help give a running game the additional kick it might be missing on the edge. Henry should come in and become a very good NFL starter.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

But is he good enough to survive the Bretsky Curse?

No one is that good Joe. RIP Hunter Henry's NFL career.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    He is good, He isn't much of a blocker more an inline slot type of guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    He is good, He isn't much of a blocker more an inline slot type of guy.
    I haven't seen much of him, but most of the reports I have seen have said he is a very good run blocker, with his only blocking weakness being handling quick pass rushers when pass protecting.

From CBS

WEAKNESSES: Lacks ideal bulk and muscle tone for the position and is still growing into his body. Struggles to establish body position as a blocker and ends up going where the defender wants. Too easily overmatched at the point of attack, struggling to sustain or control blocks.

Grabby and wild in pass protection and has too many snaps on his film that will be penalized in the NFL.

He is a competitive blocker, but too easily overpowered at the point of attack, leading to him getting beat or penalized.

Although he's not a reliable inline blocker at this point in his development,

--Dane Brugler (1/6/16)

Also has him listed as a day 2 prospect, so take this guys opinion for about 2 cents

Always interesting to see the conflicting opinions on draft prospects. From nfl.com:

Strengths Flat-*running stud as a run blocker and a big part of Arkansas' running game success. Strikes into the frame of defenders with inside hands and blocks with a wide, strong base. Able to turn outside linebackers and cornerbacks out of their run fits and sustains his blocks as long as he can. ....

Weaknesses ... Can get a little grabby as a run blocker and was penalized for three holding calls in 2015.

It makes you wonder if they are watching the same player

I cry every time that I think about OJ Howard staying at Alabama. He looks so much smoother and faster than this guy in my opinion.

Holy Shit, take it easy.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    I'm OK with the Packers going BAP at pick 27, rather than lock themselves into a player at a position of need. Aside from long-snapper, kicker and punter (OK, we need one of those too), where is there not a position of need? If there is a DT, OT, or pass rushing OLB, who are rated higher on the draft board than Henry, you take the higher rated player. If Henry fits at 27 according to the draft board, then I'm fine with it. Pick three to five similarly rated players that you figure are near 27 and then be ready for whichever of those players are available when the Packers pick at #27, whether Henry is in that group or not.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...t-end-in-years

Scout: Hunter Henry is draft's most complete tight end in years

By Chase Goodbread ... College Football 24/7 writer

Published: March 28, 2016 at 04:25 p.m. Updated: March 28, 2016 at 05:29 p.m.

" ...Hunter Henry is regarded as the top tight end in the 2016 NFL Draft, but he also stacks up well with the best tight ends from recent drafts.

"He's the most complete tight end to come out in years. He's a legitimate first-round pick," an NFL scout told New Jersey Advance Media. "You have had so many tight ends who were nothing more than big wide receivers. This kid is a complete tight end. He can catch, he can run and he can block." ..."

999+ Likes | 73 Comments
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

He is the best TE prospect in this draft so somebody will most likely take him in the 1st. If he is there in the 2nd Ted might take him even tho we just signed Cook.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    He is the best TE prospect in this draft so somebody will most likely take him in the 1st. If he is there in the 2nd Ted might take him even tho we just signed Cook.
    I'm not sure he goes in the 1st. But I doubt he'd be there when TT picks in the 2nd. TT would take him if he was there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    TT might trade down in the first for a high second and then nab Hunter Henry.

It looks to me like he'll go high 2nd round.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-derrick-henry

ROUND 2:

35. San Diego Chargers: Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Interesting comment from Greg Gabriel about Hunter Henry:

At Indy he only did 13 reps of 225 which is poor for the position. He came back 3 weeks later to do 21 reps at his pro day. In all honesty, in over 30 years of doing this work I have never seen a player improve by eight reps in three weeks. Three or four reps maybe but not eight. Something is wrong with this equation.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Hunter Henry would be a waste of a Packer draft choice.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Interesting comment from Greg Gabriel about Hunter Henry:
    I wonder if anyone has any data to back this guy up?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I wonder if anyone has any data to back this guy up?

if this story is substantiated, then does it mean a sudden and furious injection of PED's would do the trick?

If so, this guy is Packer People!!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I'm going to send the guy a Packer jersey that says "Thanks Bretsky" on the back.