Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: HUNTER HENRY HAS MY BLESSING

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Let's start calling a spade. TT is an average GM. Struck gold with Rodger and the Claymaker. Has been ok besides that. I'd just like an upgrade
    So you want to hire the Patriots entire personnel department?

Look at the teams the Packers are competing with in the playoffs:

1. Carolina Panthers cannot keep CBs and are almost mathematically eliminated from playoff contention already.
    2. The Seahawks are trying to prove that John Schneider was the reason the Packers took forever to fix holes in their O line. Have you seen their offense? If that was the Packers offense, all the dogs in Green Bay would have been shot after Week 3. Don't even get me started on the genius plan to trade their best O lineman for an Al-Pro TE and then ask him to block and run flat routes.
    3. Arizona Cardinals offense in lower than the Packers and their QB is actually old and failing.
    4. Dallas Cowboys are doing fine but anyone want to bet it survives Romo's return or lasts past this year?
    5. In Atlanta, the rule of thumb is one side of the team must always be in the bottom of the League and multiple year stretches of not being in the playoffs in acceptable in the NFC South.
    6. Philadelphia Eagles, see Dallas.
    7. Denver Broncos are going to be tied with the teams run by Reggie McKenzie and John Dorsey in a week or two.

Who on earth is a known upgrade on Thompson? Right now the only candidate I would like is the guy the Lions hired IF he also was responsible for bringing in Jim Bob Cooter to straighten out Stafford and the O.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rick Spielman has done a decent job for Minny lately, but he isn't going anywhere. Personally, I think TT's a pretty good GM. He's made plenty of mistakes, but he's helped to build a deep roster and perennially competitive team (compared to other teams) without killing their cap space, which is saying something.