Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Official 2016 Soccer Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Leicester is 1 point from relegation. I'm guessing they'd be the first team to win the Premier league and then get relegated the next year?

How the heck can they be 5-6-13 in the Premier League, and be 4-1-1 in the Champions League?
    Because they were very lucky in their CL draw: Club Brugge, Kopenhagen & Porto. 3 very, very mediocre teams.

Lincoln City beats Burnley. First non-league team to make quarters of FA Cup.

There's a youngster here by the name of Youri Tielemans who is considered the next big talent from Belgium. Currently 19, playing in the 1st team for 4 years and to be a father next week. He's a midfielder for Anderlecht, the team he played for since he started at the age of 4.

Last week he was substituted into the game in the 58th minute. This happened 8 minutes later:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5c...-02-2017_sport

Two minutes later this happened:

Notice the distance, the force of the strike, the fact that the 1st ball was with his right, the second with his left. Has there ever been 2 more beautiful goals in 2 minutes by the same player? Anyone who ever kicked a ball knows what an exceptional thing of beauty that is...

Yesterday they played again. Guess what happened...
    https://streamable.com/jgp3k

Quote Originally Posted by wootah View Post
    There's a youngster here by the name of Youri Tielemans who is considered the next big talent from Belgium. Currently 19, playing in the 1st team for 4 years and to be a father next week. He's a midfielder for Anderlecht, the team he played for since he started at the age of 4.

Last week he was substituted into the game in the 58th minute. This happened 8 minutes later:

Two minutes later this happened:

Notice the distance, the force of the strike, the fact that the 1st ball was with his right, the second with his left. Has there ever been 2 more beautiful goals in 2 minutes by the same player? Anyone who ever kicked a ball knows what an exceptional thing of beauty that is...

Yesterday they played again. Guess what happened...
    https://streamable.com/jgp3k
    Wow. Just wow. That lefty was amazing. The keepers had ZERO chance of getting near those.
    C.H.U.D.

Yeah, insane... I liked that last one as well: not so much the placing of the ball, since it was relatively central, but the way he hit the ball is just the perfect kick with the instep. I immediately texted that video to my youth players: with the view from the camera behind the goal you see the total lack of spin on the ball for that long a distance. That's just a masterclass in instep kicking technique.

Champions league match between Dortmund and Monaco postponed after bomb went off near Dortmund team bus, shattering windows. One player was injured. The game has been rescheduled for tomorrow.

its scary that police say they found a letter, they believe the team was the target, and they are treating the case as attempted homicide

unreal, and it was a home game

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    its scary that police say they found a letter, they believe the team was the target, and they are treating the case as attempted homicide

unreal, and it was a home game
    The fact that it was a home game may have made it easier to do. They're saying the bomb may have been hidden in a hedge near a parking lot. If the team bus always takes the same route from the hotel to the stadium, they may have known where to plant the bomb.

And of course Dortmund losses today, having to play one full day after someone tried to kill the whole team

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/...source=copyurl

The man who is suspected of attacking the Borussia Dortmund soccer team’s bus on April 11 allegedly aimed to drive down the price of the club’s stock in order to profit through a speculation scheme. German federal prosecutors announced the alleged motive Friday, saying that the 28-year-old German-Russian, identified only as Sergei W., has been charged with attempted murder, inflicting serious bodily harm, and carrying out an explosion. Officials said Sergei checked into the same hotel that the team was staying in and then bought 15,000 “put options” for shares in the publicly traded team. “A significant share price drop could have been expected if a player had been seriously injured or even killed as a result of the attack,” prosecutors said.

Wow.
    C.H.U.D.

fucking leeds

bunch of god damn chokers, they're never going back up

My condolences Red.

Do you know if the Championship League Final is broadcast in the U.S.?

you mean the champions league?

i think its on fox in a couple weeks

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    you mean the champions league?

i think its on fox in a couple weeks
    No, I meant the match at Wembley for the last promotion spot between Reading and Huddersfield.

Oh, I doubt it then

I usually have to find illegal streams online for championship games

I think sky carries most of those, and only sky U.K.

U.S. ties Mexico 1-1 at Azteca. Quiet night for Pulisic. Had a chance late and was wide right.

Blog Entries
    once a month I come in here for hottie pix; and I get soccer shit again....haha
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Nice performance tonight by USMT against Costa Rica. Much better than against El Salvador. They will play Costa Rica in a WC qualifier September 1.