Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Draft Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Money would be the only reason and rookie deals don't last forever. Wentz has a ton of tools but at this point looks like he could stand to speed up his release. I don't see him having Rodgers elite mobility/ability to extend plays either. Rodgers has the physical tools and mental acumen to be the GOAT. Not sure Wentz will ever be in that territory in terms of physical ability.

Great call on him pre-draft though. I jumped onboard too after studying him a bit.
    And, of course, money being equal I would take Rodgers, but that's a big reason why I posed the question. That and the fact that Rodgers will soon be on the downside of his career.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Blog Entries
    As long as Rodgers doesn't get into the funk of consistently holding onto the ball too long I don't see him losing much for another five years.

I think it was Fritz who mentioned he may be letting his celebrity go to his head some though, which is a risk. If he starts to think he's too good to be coached that could cause some problems. One of his greatest strengths in his earlier years was his patience and willingness to beat teams taking what the defense gave him rather than holding it for the big play. That needs to come back - and stay. He'll lose some mobility but maintain his effectiveness as long as he gets the ball out quickly enough. Otherwise he'll get increasingly pounded and I'd hope they move on if it came to that.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    One of his greatest strengths in his earlier years was his patience and willingness to beat teams taking what the defense gave him rather than holding it for the big play. That needs to come back - and stay.
    Patience, yes. Too much at times. But take what the defense gives you is an interesting proposition.

He (and McCarthy) would take single coverage out wide every time if they could and that often means going deep. Much of their scheme is designed to facilitate that or back shoulder throws.

But even when they ran multiple personnel groups out to get matchup edges, they were targeting certain players on certain coverage. I'm no sure this has ever been a 1-2-3 progression offense post snap.

So yes take what the defense gives, but in pre snap reads mostly.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.