Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2016 Offseason Workouts/OTA/Minicamp Thread

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    You'll either be lonely or arrested on the fourth.
    why does this remind me of Harlan?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 8h8 hours ago
    Two impressive routes by 5th-round pick Trevor Davis. Beat Robertson Daniel deep with speed, followed with nice snag on comeback. #Packers

Gonna need a Fan Club by Monday.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 9h9 hours ago
    This is an "orientation," McCarthy says. A lot to learn so they're ready to join the vets on Monday.

Mark Murphy and Ted Thompson talked to team, too, about their experiences.

MM on tryout guys: Confirm belief in them as prospects, "Hopefully they jump out and show more." Try to create best 90-man roster possible.

HAVING TWO OTHER FORMER PROS ABOVE YOUR HEAD COACH IS PRETTY COOL

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 10h10 hours ago
    No. 1 OL. Sprigs at LT Derrick Matthews LG, C Rotheram, Kowalski at RG and Murphy at RT.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 12h12 hours ago
    Stupid things to write about on May 6: The #Packers have signed Dean Lowry and Trevor Davis (at least).

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 11h11 hours ago
    Add Blake Martinez to the list of players who will be signed for #Packers.

Kyle Murphy has signed with #Packers too.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 10h10 hours ago
    No. 1 OL. Sprigs at LT Derrick Matthews LG, C Rotheram, Kowalski at RG and Murphy at RT.
    Subject to change.

Two impressive routes by 5th-round pick Trevor Davis. Beat Robertson Daniel deep with speed, followed with nice snag on comeback. #Packers

Early favorite for Fuckdoggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Early favorite for Fuckdoggle.
    Fifth-round wide receiver Trevor Davis: The only skill position player in the Packers draft, Davis was a workout warrior at the combine. He’s very slight at 6-1 and 190 pounds, but he showed Friday that has excellent hands and his 4.39 speed is no mirage. A much better test for Davis will come when the pads go on. Only then will we know if he plays as fast as he times and if he’s strong enough or quick enough to get off the line of scrimmage against press coverage.
    http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/f...7de5cb6eb.html

It will be interesting to see how Davis looks going up against the veterans later this month.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    That's a bit of a surprise. I assume it's injury related. Maybe one more reason why TT didn't trade down with a guy like Clark available.

Blog Entries
    I thought he was getting better.

Sort of.

The NT they signed as an undrafted FA was wanted by several teams, per some reports. Maybe they see him as ahead of Boyd, too.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 3h3 hours ago
    #Packers release:
    DT Josh Boyd
    DT William Campbell
    TE David Grinnage
    WR Dennis Parks
    T Jeremy Vujnovich

Had enough of Vujnovich too apparently.

They released a couple others today, too:

The Packers also released practice-squad offensive tackle Jeremy Vujnovich, as well as undrafted rookies DT William Campbell, TE David Grinnage and WR Dennis Parks.
    Room now for Neal, Kuhn or Quarless?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    That's a bit of a surprise. I assume it's injury related. Maybe one more reason why TT didn't trade down with a guy like Clark available.
    Yup, there was an injury designation with the release.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 39m39 minutes ago
    New from JS: P90X creator Tony Horton opens up about working with Eddie Lacy http://ift.tt/1sOAVeD #Packers

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/380687851.html

Michael Cohen/JSO

Green Bay — The following is a summary of coach Mike McCarthy's post-practice press conference following Tuesday's OTA session:

(On his first impression) We looked like a team that took the field for the second time. I think the positives of our football team – our conditioning, our strength level – reflect where we thought we’d be after five weeks of the off-season program.

(On Eddie Lacy’s shape) Eddie is like a lot of our team right now. We’ve all got a lot of work to do. He’s been here the whole time.

(On Jordy Nelson) He’s going very well. He’s right on schedule, I would say, and he’s sticking to the plan. I think you have to be smart in these times and just go about it the right way. We’re focused on more individual work with Jordy Nelson. We’re not going to put him in the group and team environment right now.

(On Nick Perry) If you think about it, this is his first time to go through the off-season program without an injury. … Nick so far has had an excellent off-season. He’s been here the whole time, even during the time off.

(On Davante Adams) I think Davante is a very steady personality. It isn’t like he’s going to walk in the building banging drums any time. But I think he’s a lot stronger; he looks stronger this year than the past. He’s healthy. We’ve talked about this a bunch throughout the season. I think he demonstrated that on the catch today. He can go up and high-point the football.

(On Datone Jones playing OLB) Datone Jones playing the elephant, I think the position really reflects the way you’ve got to use him. Flexibility, the ability to play a 5-, 6-, 7-, 9-technique. … I think he’s kind of found his niche here. I think this is the right position for him.

(On Julius Peppers) Julius Peppers is ageless. I agree with that. You see him run the 220s and do some of the conditioning stuff, he runs with the DBs. He’s such an impressive athlete the way he keeps himself in great shape.

Jared Cook: http://blog.packers.com/2016/05/24/p...115+sf26859115

“Jared looks good,” Head Coach Mike McCarthy said after practice. “He’s a big target, very athletic. He’s been an excellent addition. He’s been everything we thought he would be. He looks to get more comfortable each time we line up.”
    Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 3h3 hours ago
    McCarthy: I think Ha Ha Clinton Dix is as fine a safety as you'll find in the NFL. Morgan Burnett too. Excited about our secondary

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 3h3 hours ago
    McCarthy on if he's happy with where Eddie Lacy is at: "Yeah, so far so good."

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 3h3 hours ago
    Great leaping catch by Davante Adams over LaDarius Gunter. Deep ball from Aaron Rodgers. File that under things Packers hope to see in 2016.

HE BEAT THE OCTOPUS. PRO BOWL.
    Last edited by pbmax; 05-24-2016 at 04:26 PM.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 4h4 hours ago
    Clay Matthews and Datone Jones both worked with the OLBs today. Looks like the position changes are real. #Packers

lacy definitely look thinner in the front shot. Harder to tell with the back shot.