Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2016 Offseason Workouts/OTA/Minicamp Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    "Do these shorts make me look fat?"

From MM's comments on Lacy, it sounds as if it's possible Eddy's the kind of guy who, when you give him praise, lets up and relaxes too much. Maybe MM realizes he needs to stay on Lacy all the time. MM certainly seems reluctant to dole out much praise to Lacy.
    Agreed. Lacy doesn't appear to have the fire in his belly like Marshawn Lynch had. He seems kind of type B, kind of a really gifted slacker.

McCarthy might want to go all Lombardi on him once in a while.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Agreed. Lacy doesn't appear to have the fire in his belly like Marshawn Lynch had. He seems kind of type B, kind of a really gifted slacker.
    Marshawn Lynch took a few years to get that fire in his belly. He was widely seen as a character risk and a slacker until his famous playoff run against the Saints.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Marshawn Lynch took a few years to get that fire in his belly. He was widely seen as a character risk and a slacker until his famous playoff run against the Saints.
    And he was a traffic menace.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-quarterbacks/

Packers release Ryan Williams. Sign North Carolina quarterback Marquise Williams.

Local report said Williams had a brutal camp day this week.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Adams insisted this week that he in no way got complacent last year because of Rodgers’ kind words -- or because Green Bay coach Mike McCarthy anointed him the “MVP” of the offseason. He also swore he didn’t crumble under the weight of their high hopes for him.
    If McCarthy called me the MVP of the offseason, I would assume I was getting cut before the next year. I might hold out until he took it back.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...-rodgers-faith

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Yep. The line:

Makes me think that booze was a big part of the incident in Detroit that lead to his benching and Harris getting cut.
    Sounds like there was alcohol involved, but doesn't seem to be too problematic.

“I was always the guy at breakfast, lunch and dinner to say, ‘Look, here are your good options and your bad options,’” Horton said. "I just said, ‘Here’s what you need to eat. Instead of a beer, let’s have some Pellegrino.' Fortunately for us, [drinking] never really came up. That wasn’t really an issue. I knew that food was an issue and from being from New Orleans and eating rich foods. But we got right into it.

Bach's ankle is still rehabbing.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfl/rumors/p...ular-attention

"It's hard when something like that changes your ankle," Bakhtiari told Wood. "It's obviously going to be a little bit different, but to let me do everything I want to do, it took me the offseason to get it right."

The three-year starter had five torn ligaments in the ankle at season's end, per Wood, but didn't need offseason surgery. Still, he's spent the past several months rehabbing.
    He is apparently full go at OTAs though, so good?

The big question for Lacy, as with anyone trying to change lifelong habits, is whether he can make the change permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Bach's ankle is still rehabbing.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfl/rumors/p...ular-attention

He is apparently full go at OTAs though, so good?
    In one article he talked about the injury having changed his ankle permanently. He said it will now always require maintenance (whatever that is) and will have to be watched closely and guarded when things don't feel right.

Interesting from the article, regarding Adam's MCL tear in the playoffs:

The lone upside to the injury, which turned out to be a torn medial collateral ligament and lingered into the offseason, was that it forced Adams to focus on his upper body during early offseason workouts, since he couldn’t run.

The result: He appeared visibly thicker in his chest and arms during Tuesday’s practice.

I'm getting tired of every article where the Packers make a roster move, they mention that John Kuhn would be still be available to sign. Enough!!!!

Cletidus Hunt and Gilbert Brown are still available for that matter, too. Maybe we should sign Greg Hardy.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I'm getting tired of every article where the Packers make a roster move, they mention that John Kuhn would be still be available to sign. Enough!!!!

Cletidus Hunt and Gilbert Brown are still available for that matter, too. Maybe we should sign Greg Hardy.
    You can tell it is the offseason where there isn't much to talk about.

Matthews will still be on the move. Curious how this plays into using Perry, who will excel versus the run.

Capers won’t commit to playing Matthews exclusively outside, but that’s where he’ll start out.

“We just think that’s his base position,” Capers said. “But that doesn’t mean you might not see him slide and do some other things because we know he can do it and he can handle it mentally. The plans going in are to play him more outside. But as we get into the season, you never say never.”
    http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/f...dbab35d11.html

Banjo got married. So we can look forward to ...

more Banjos!

I am my Father ‏@CarlBradford54 6h6 hours ago
    Major s/o to my boy @Chris1Banjo for getting married yesterday! May God bless you and your family forever! #OneLove

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Matthews will still be on the move. Curious how this plays into using Perry, who will excel versus the run.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/f...dbab35d11.html
    Moving Matthews around makes it harder for teams to gameplan to stop him. Perry was quite effective late last year rushing the passer with Matthews inside. Moving Matthews inside just enables Pack to get one more pass rusher on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Moving Matthews around makes it harder for teams to gameplan to stop him. Perry was quite effective late last year rushing the passer with Matthews inside. Moving Matthews inside just enables Pack to get one more pass rusher on the field.
    this.

`````In that 2-4 that Wist loves, you could feature Matthews, Perry, Peppers, and Jones (or Elliot) and really keep the other side guessing as to which elephant will be covering the running back.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    `````In that 2-4 that Wist loves, you could feature Matthews, Perry, Peppers, and Jones (or Elliot) and really keep the other side guessing as to which elephant will be covering the running back.
    The facet of the 2-4 that I hate, is that dunderdummy plays it when the opponent is as likely to run as pass; when they run - we usually get run over and give up huge chunks of yardage on the ground. The opponent will take what you give them - why attempt to pass for 15 yds, when dunderdummy is willing to concede 15 yds on the ground??

If in that either/or situation, dunderdummy plays two fat guys in the middle (the Jumbo) in an attempt to deal with the run - then he is essentially giving up any hope of generating pressure up the middle, the ends/LBs predictably fly upfield, and the QB gets a comfortable pocket.

Add to the fact that he sees nothing wrong with abandoning the middle of the field... it's just mind-numbing stupidity and painful to watch.

Given our personnel, the 3-3 has been the better option for several years now.
    wist

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    http://www.footballstudyhall.com/201...5-vs-the-3-3-5

This is an interesting read. I wanted to know what the difference is between the two nickel subs, and this article explains it pretty well. It got me wondering whether the Packers ever run a 3-3-5 formation, as Wist suggests, and if not, why? Is it all about coaching preference, and does that influence how the defensive roster is built? What would it take for the Packers to run the 3-3 vs. the 2-4 nickel?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan