Another point to running either alignment in today's game, is that you need a speed LB in the Ryan Shazier, Telvin Smith, Shaq Thompson, Deon Jones mold.

Ted had plenty of opportunity to snag Smith, a player I was calling for TT to draft... Smith went in the 5th round, pick #144, when Ted took Carl Bradford in the 4th round, pick #121; Khyri Thorton in the 3rd round, pick #85; and TE Richard Rodgers in the 3rd round, pick #98

Thornton has been released and is flopping around the league; Bradford will be lucky to remain on the roster for another year, and has done exactly nothing; and Richard Rodgers is a the poster child for "pedestrian" TE's, and TT was forced to poke himself in the eye and actually sign a FA at the position.

While Telvin Smith is well on his way to being a star.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

TT would have had to move up to get Shazier or Thompson, but he spit on Jones twice in this draft. I don't mind him passing on Jones for Spriggs, but Clark in the 1st round (an Okay player) at the expense missing out on another speed LB is going to hurt us on the field again this year.

If you're going to take a guy like Clark in the 1st, when the position was uber-deep, and he was likely to still be there in the 2nd - and, missing out on Jones?? It doesn't make any sense.

We end up with Martinez in the 4th, but Martinez can't run anywhere near as well as Jones... I like Martinez, he's a smart and instinctive player; but then again so is Jake Ryan - who looked pretty terrible most of the time last year.

TT's vision for the ILB position isn't good at all.