Thread: Official 2016 Offseason Workouts/OTA/Minicamp Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Aaron Nagler ‏@AaronNagler 2h2 hours ago
    From @BuckyBrooks. Wonder if the personnel guy is John Dorsey...

I've always thought Clay was overrated. I think it was McGinn that said he was a top 5 player in the league after we won the SB and I called bullshit. Cameron Wake is better than Clay and always has been. That being said Clay is a bonafide stud and perennial pro bowler. I personally like him better at ILB because he is an all around talent while being good not great from the edge.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I've always thought Clay was overrated. I think it was McGinn that said he was a top 5 player in the league after we won the SB and I called bullshit. Cameron Wake is better than Clay and always has been. That being said Clay is a bonafide stud and perennial pro bowler. I personally like him better at ILB because he is an all around talent while being good not great from the edge.
    Depends on what you're looking at. CMIII may not be as dominant pass rusher as Wake or Miller, but he can do things that Wake and Miller can't even come close to doing. He becomes useless when he lines up on the outside, rushes the passer every down and gets double teamed regularly. But so are 99% of the LBs in the league. Matthews is not a one-dimension animal and is most effective when allowed to move around and be unpredictable. Remember the game-saving pick against Cutler?

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Wait, did McGinn mean LB or player? Two different animals, just as OLB and DE are two different animals.