Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2016 Offseason Workouts/OTA/Minicamp Thread

Official 2016 Offseason Workouts/OTA/Minicamp Thread

Workouts start April 18

OTA's: May 23,24, 26; June 1-3; June 6-9

Mandatory Minicamp: June 14-16

I would imagine Eddie's hopefully still svelte body will be a topic of discussion, as well as Jordy's knee. I think there's been some talk that Dickrod might come in lighter as well. We'll see.

Pete Dougherty, said he might end up in LeVeon Bell weight territory. Might be fun to watch that unfold.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...kers/82621032/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Pete Dougherty, said he might end up in LeVeon Bell weight territory. Might be fun to watch that unfold.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...kers/82621032/
    That would be awesome. Bring back the Alabama Eddie.

Lacy vs. Georgia
    Last edited by Joemailman; 04-05-2016 at 10:27 PM.

Who is going to be the official packerrats press member attending for those of us who can't?

Lacy carried 20 times for 181 yards and two tds that game. Boy, you can see the talent and fire in those highlights. Hope this turn around is for real.

From this article and what the team needs are and what must happen in this draft:

Thompson’s signing of a tight end *Jared Cook"....who can run could prove to be big. His (TT's) failure to at least protect himself at inside linebacker could be big, too. His one must from the draft is finding one who can play in the nickel and dime, and play now.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

More Banjo!!

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2h2 hours ago
    New at #Packers Blog: S Chris Banjo signs his exclusive-rights tender
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Monty Injury Update: Good news, he's able to walk

Montgomery said the surgery repaired a torn ligament and cleaned out and reattached some loose cartilage on the talus, the large bone in the ankle that connects the tibia to the foot.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...m-ankle-injury

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 7h7 hours ago
    More photographic evidence that Eddie Lacy looks good after offseason workouts. RT @pwhitt: RT @UASignGirl:

Does he look a little too small?

Barclay yes, Kuhn still wait and see.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 6m6 minutes ago
    New from JS: Packers will bring back Barclay, no decision yet on Kuhn http://ift.tt/1MBSJlE #Packers

Jersey Al - GBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 4m4 minutes ago
    At @CheeseheadTV: Jordy Nelson Tells Reporters He Will Do Everything At Offseason Workouts http://bit.ly/1Vyahm6 #Packers

BECAUSE HE IS A RETURNING HERO

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 14m14 minutes ago
    Jordy Nelson said he's on track to do everything during first part of offseason program. Still discussing OTAs

OK, SO HE IS HEALTHY ENOUGH TO WALK TO A MEETING

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 14s14 seconds ago
    #Packers WR Jordy Nelson has begun running routes as part of his rehab but said the process "will be a progression."

HEALTHY ENOUGH TO RUN A 1/2 SPEED ROUTE TO THE MEETING

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 17m17 minutes ago
    Daniels on B.J. Raji's decision to step away: "It was awesome to get a chance to play with him, and I just made sure I let him know that."

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 23m23 minutes ago
    Mike Daniels on #Packers personnel: "A lot of our guys that are backups could be starters other places — I’d say just about all of them."

HE'S BEEN READING WIST

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 27m27 minutes ago
    Daniels is very excited for the return of #Packers LB Sam Barrington. "He has the same mentality as me. He’s coming to start a riot."

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 32m32 minutes ago
    Daniels said he's very comfortable with Letroy Guion taking over NT for B.J. Raji. "You can’t win a Super Bowl with nice guys on defense."

Daniels said he likes Guion's propensity to "poke the bear" and go after an opponent who is known as a tough guy. "I love that about him."
    Last edited by pbmax; 04-18-2016 at 12:57 PM.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Nope. Eddie is looking great and I'd much rather have this version of him than the slow slug of last year. Just because he weighs less, doesn't mean he isn't a powerful runner.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Nope. Eddie is looking great and I'd much rather have this version of him than the slow slug of last year. Just because he weighs less, doesn't mean he isn't a powerful runner.
    Correct. He was relatively easy to tackle last year because he wasn't hitting defenders with any speed. A 225 pound Lacy would be a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Correct. He was relatively easy to tackle last year because he wasn't hitting defenders with any speed. A 225 pound Lacy would be a beast.
    IMHO, bingo & bingo. Remember, he had a toe procedure (that knocked him down a spot or three in the draft) that needs to be recognized. Lighter load to carry. Contract year, lightened up, reinvigorated....all good.

He actually had a burst on a couple of those runs.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

But not the conditioning to finish.....

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    But not the conditioning to finish.....
    Good point. I could have lived with Fat Eddie if he had been able to bounce into the end zone versus Arizona on the long run.

He was still trying to catch his breath a week later.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Jersey Al - GBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 4m4 minutes ago
    At @CheeseheadTV: Jordy Nelson Tells Reporters He Will Do Everything At Offseason Workouts http://bit.ly/1Vyahm6 #Packers

BECAUSE HE IS A RETURNING HERO

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 14m14 minutes ago
    Jordy Nelson said he's on track to do everything during first part of offseason program. Still discussing OTAs

OK, SO HE IS HEALTHY ENOUGH TO WALK TO A MEETING

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 14s14 seconds ago
    #Packers WR Jordy Nelson has begun running routes as part of his rehab but said the process "will be a progression."

HEALTHY ENOUGH TO RUN A 1/2 SPEED ROUTE TO THE MEETING

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 17m17 minutes ago
    Daniels on B.J. Raji's decision to step away: "It was awesome to get a chance to play with him, and I just made sure I let him know that."

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 23m23 minutes ago
    Mike Daniels on #Packers personnel: "A lot of our guys that are backups could be starters other places — I’d say just about all of them."

HE'S BEEN READING WIST

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 27m27 minutes ago
    Daniels is very excited for the return of #Packers LB Sam Barrington. "He has the same mentality as me. He’s coming to start a riot."

Daniels said he's very comfortable with Letroy Guion taking over NT for B.J. Raji. "You can’t win a Super Bowl with nice guys on defense."

Daniels said he likes Guion's propensity to "poke the bear" and go after an opponent who is known as a tough guy. "I love that about him."
    love the last 3 quotes!