Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2016 Offseason Workouts/OTA/Minicamp Thread

I think he is literally less wide. Lost it on his hips. But who knows, all the photos look different.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1h1 hour ago
    New from JS: More than a dozen players miss practice for the Packers http://ift.tt/1TVrFuI #Packers

WR Devonte Robinson *
    CB Quinten Rollins *
    CB Sam Shields ^
    CB Randall Jette *
    LB Joe Thomas *
    OLB Lerentee McCray *
    LB Sam Barrington *
    C Corey Linsley *
    G T.J. Lang *
    WR Jordy Nelson *
    WR Ty Montgomery *
    OT Kyle Murphy (still in school)
    DE Dean Lowry (still in school)
    NT Kenny Clark (still in school)

* Denotes players who were present but did not participate due to injury
    ^ Shields was absent Tuesday but practiced Monday and has been involved in the off-season program all spring
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 39m39 minutes ago
    New from JS: P90X creator Tony Horton opens up about working with Eddie Lacy http://ift.tt/1sOAVeD #Packers
    There is some gold in that interview. Horton, whether he knows it or not, gives some real insight into Lacy and what some of his problems were.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    There is some gold in that interview. Horton, whether he knows it or not, gives some real insight into Lacy and what some of his problems were.
    Yep. The line:
    He cut way back on the alcohol
    Makes me think that booze was a big part of the incident in Detroit that lead to his benching and Harris getting cut.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    lacy definitely look thinner in the front shot. Harder to tell with the back shot.

"Do these shorts make me look fat?"

From MM's comments on Lacy, it sounds as if it's possible Eddy's the kind of guy who, when you give him praise, lets up and relaxes too much. Maybe MM realizes he needs to stay on Lacy all the time. MM certainly seems reluctant to dole out much praise to Lacy.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Lacy has definitely lost some weight but I was actually expecting him to look a little better. I don't know if the pictures from earlier in the offseason were misleading, or if he has gained a little weight since then. Oh well, I guess all that matters is that he drops another 10-15 by the time the season rolls around.
    Go PACK

Lacy looks waaaaaay better than I expected...when you compare him to last year:

No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Nice pic find Smidgeon.

Nice pic find Smidgeon.
    Found it on reddit. I thought it worthy of bringing over because it makes Lacy look like an O lineman in the first picture and a CB in the second.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...ht-thats-right

Taking part in the Packers’ first open-to-the-public practice during organized team activities Tuesday, Lacy did appear lighter, especially across his midsection, but the difference wasn’t astonishing. A source told ESPN.com’s Rob Demovsky that Lacy’s weight is “in the 240s,” meaning Lacy’s weight likely was north of 260 pounds last season, after which coach Mike McCarthy announced that he “cannot play at the weight he was at” in 2015.
    I would believe he weighed 260 last year with the way he could not finish runs. He was 231 at the Combine.

Post further down by Demovsky:

It’s also possible that Lacy has gotten heavier since he returned to Green Bay for the start of the offseason program on April 18, when he showed up about 18 pounds lighter than when he left in January.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 30m30 minutes ago
    The #Packers released Vince Kowalski, who worked with the No. 2 offense at guard and center yesterday

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    The #Packers released Vince Kowalski, who worked with the No. 2 offense at guard and center yesterday
    His name sounds straight out of Happy Days. Perhaps he's going to go meet with Richie and Fonzie later on at Arnold's.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Ron Dayne is just chirping on this now? He's as slow on this story as he was hitting holes when he was a RB.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Oh no! Ted's 2nd biggest free agent acquisition didn't even make it to June!

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Oh no! Ted's 2nd biggest free agent acquisition didn't even make it to June!
    I'd rank them as:

1) Jared Cook
    2) Larentee McCray
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When did we sign McCray? I must have missed that...

What does a guy have to do, or not do, to get cut in OTAs? The third day of OTAs? Especially a guy who was with them all through training camp last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    What does a guy have to do, or not do, to get cut in OTAs? The third day of OTAs? Especially a guy who was with them all through training camp last year?
    Especially when you are in the #2 O line group. Its not like he was receiving no reps.

Bad pad level? Sneaking fried chicken to Eddie Lacy?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    lacy definitely look thinner in the front shot. Harder to tell with the back shot.

For a power back, I'm ok with him having extra mass in the glutes and quads.