Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Official 2016 Offseason Workouts/OTA/Minicamp Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Aaron Nagler ‏@AaronNagler 2h2 hours ago
    From @BuckyBrooks. Wonder if the personnel guy is John Dorsey...

I've always thought Clay was overrated. I think it was McGinn that said he was a top 5 player in the league after we won the SB and I called bullshit. Cameron Wake is better than Clay and always has been. That being said Clay is a bonafide stud and perennial pro bowler. I personally like him better at ILB because he is an all around talent while being good not great from the edge.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I think it would be fair if you kept the criticism to his play at OLB the two and a half years prior to his move inside.

He is not a dominating pass rusher when confined to the end. He doesn't dominate tackles like he seemed he was going to early. But he is still an explosive player with fantastic speed and quickness, good in coverage and excellent in pass rush from a variety of positions.

He's not Von Miller. But he also can do things Von Miller cannot hope to do.
    Hmmm...I could have saved some typing and simply said QFT
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I've always thought Clay was overrated. I think it was McGinn that said he was a top 5 player in the league after we won the SB and I called bullshit. Cameron Wake is better than Clay and always has been. That being said Clay is a bonafide stud and perennial pro bowler. I personally like him better at ILB because he is an all around talent while being good not great from the edge.
    Depends on what you're looking at. CMIII may not be as dominant pass rusher as Wake or Miller, but he can do things that Wake and Miller can't even come close to doing. He becomes useless when he lines up on the outside, rushes the passer every down and gets double teamed regularly. But so are 99% of the LBs in the league. Matthews is not a one-dimension animal and is most effective when allowed to move around and be unpredictable. Remember the game-saving pick against Cutler?

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Wait, did McGinn mean LB or player? Two different animals, just as OLB and DE are two different animals.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1h1 hour ago
    Sam Shields is No. 2 in NFL in INTs (behind Sherman) since start of 2010. Imagine what that might be if he hadn't missed 17 games.

I would rather have more games available and fewer INTs to be honest.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Ryan Wood ‏@ByRyanWood 32m32 minutes ago
    #Packers announce signing of Alcorn State CB Warren Gatewood .. and their roster is at 90 entering training camp. No John Kuhn, as expected.

Where have I heard about a player from Alcorn State before?

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 1m1 minute ago
    More on CB Warren Gatewood: He was supposed to sign with the #Packers as an undrafted FA in May but failed a physical (right hamstring).

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 20s21 seconds ago
    He spent the summer rehabbing and "learned a lot about taking care of my body." #Packers put him through tests today and then signed him.

Alright. I am already on the bandwagon after he healed a Packer hamstring in less than 6 months. Goodson is going to have to step it up or this guy is passing him by.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 8m8 minutes ago
    NFL confirmed receipt of written statements by Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers, James Harrison, Mike Neal. NFL... http://fb.me/GoloEokK

Shorter story shorter: NFL still wants to interview them.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h1 hour ago
    NFL rejected written affidavits from James Harrison, Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers; demands to interview them at training camp, per source.
    Last edited by pbmax; 07-22-2016 at 04:24 PM.