Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Official 2016 Offseason Workouts/OTA/Minicamp Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Well, his interview game has really stepped up. If his routes improve at the same amount, he could have a fine season.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...#ixzz4Bb70EeYo
    Jeff Janis MVP.

Wayne Larrivee ‏@waynelarrivee 2h2 hours ago
    In these OTAs and yesterday here at mini camp backup QB Brett Hundley is very impressive. Great command,very good and accurate arm.

Boom. Future assured.
    I wonder what AR will bring in the trade market in the 2019 off season?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I wonder what AR will bring in the trade market in the 2019 off season?

You mean after the 2017 season. This is Hundley's second year; they'll need to make a decision after two more seasons, I think. I say if he's all that and a bag of doughnuts, Ted should trade AR after 2017, getting a bunch of draft picks, and retiring and turning it all over to the new GM, who would then have the flexibility to build the team as he likes and remain a SB competitor.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    You mean after the 2017 season. This is Hundley's second year; they'll need to make a decision after two more seasons, I think. I say if he's all that and a bag of doughnuts, Ted should trade AR after 2017, getting a bunch of draft picks, and retiring and turning it all over to the new GM, who would then have the flexibility to build the team as he likes and remain a SB competitor.
    Imagine being the GM that traded 2 HOF QBs late in their career? Even if the first one was the right decision, you'd have to be pretty damned confident in your abilities to hope that lightning would strike twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Off season precedes the season, so the 2019 off season follows the 2018 season, before the 2019 season. 2018 will have been Hundley's last contract year. Renew Hundley, trade AR, play for another 12 years.

I see the cart, but I think we left the horse way way way behind...
    I would love for Hundley to be that caliber of player, however I think I will wait and see a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    I would love for Hundley to be that caliber of player, however I think I will wait and see a bit longer.
    You mean wait until he throws an NFL pass? What kind of fan(atic!) are you?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    It's just a plan, of course.
    But, that's the point, three more years before any decisions have to be made. At some point during 2016-2018 Rodgers will go on the shelf for a few weeks, being a china doll and all. Then we will see what Hundley really has. In the mean time, we will dream and plan based on semi-meaningless preseason performances.

But, all kidding aside, there could be a big decision for GB after the 2018 season. Do you stick with a 35 year old AR at whatever stage he is at, for however many more years he decides to play from then forward? Or, do you go with a 26 year old Brett Hundley who might give you another 10-15 years? Impossible to predict right now

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 7h7 hours ago
    Eddie.. the key is your Lungs! run Wind Sprints...over and over again.. forget all these experts ..with new ways to train..wind sprints work

I think Woodbuck has taken up a personal trainer career.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packers training camp schedule:

July 25: Players report.

July 26: 8:15 a.m.

July 27: 8:15 a.m.

July 28: 8:15 a.m.

July 29: No practice

July 30: 8:15 a.m.

July 31: Family Night, 6:25 p.m., Lambeau Field

Aug. 1: 6:15 p.m.

Aug. 2: No practice

Aug. 3: 6:15 p.m.

Aug. 4: 6:15 p.m.

Aug. 5: No practice

Aug. 6: No public practice

Aug. 7: vs. Indianapolis Colts, 7 p.m., Canton, Ohio (Hall of Fame Game)

Aug. 8: No practice

Aug. 9: 6:15 p.m.

Aug. 10: 11:45 a.m.

ADVERTISING

Aug. 11: No public practice

Aug. 12: vs. Cleveland Browns, 7 p.m.

Aug. 13: No practice

Aug. 14: 12:15 p.m.

Aug. 15: 11:45 a.m.

Aug. 16: No practice

Aug. 17: No public practice

Aug. 18: vs. Oakland Raiders, 7 p.m.

Aug. 19: No practice

Aug. 20: No public practice

Aug. 21: No practice

Aug. 22: 12:15 p.m.

Aug. 23: 11:45 a.m.

Aug. 24: No practice

Aug. 25: No public practice

Aug. 26: at San Francisco 49ers, 9 p.m.

Aug. 27: No practice

Aug. 28: No practice

Aug. 29: 12:15 p.m.

Aug. 30: 11:45 a.m.

Aug. 31: No public practice

Sept. 1: at Kansas City Chiefs, 7 p.m.

Preview of the upcoming season now that Cleveland has won a Championship:

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Aaron Nagler ‏@AaronNagler 2h2 hours ago
    From @BuckyBrooks. Wonder if the personnel guy is John Dorsey...

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Aaron Nagler ‏@AaronNagler 2h2 hours ago
    From @BuckyBrooks. Wonder if the personnel guy is John Dorsey...

That is pretty uninspiring since every player is part of an offensive or defensive system.

Now if the "veteran AFC West personnel man" said Clay would be a JAG if he was on any other team that would be something to discuss.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Would the guy prefer that Matthews be a "superstar" (whatever that means) but not function well within Capers' system?

For a few of the years when Matthews was the flashiest, perhaps exhibiting his "superstar" side, the defense was not all that good, and many talked about Matthews taking himself out of plays with his aggressive style. The last few years, with Matthews in a different position and looking less flashy, the defense has improved. I'll take the improved defense with Matthews in it somewhere, and not worry about if he is a superstar or the product of Capers' system.

I think anyone can see that Clay is clearly a special athlete. He is very fast and seems to accelerate very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    That is pretty uninspiring since every player is part of an offensive or defensive system.
    lol...exactly. i've ALWAYS hated the "system" label.

That's a silly comment IMO. The last two seasons he's been playing a lot of ILB. OLB is his natural position...that doesn't make him a "system" guy. That's like putting Guion at OLB and saying that he's a system guy as a DL.

I think it would be fair if you kept the criticism to his play at OLB the two and a half years prior to his move inside.

He is not a dominating pass rusher when confined to the end. He doesn't dominate tackles like he seemed he was going to early. But he is still an explosive player with fantastic speed and quickness, good in coverage and excellent in pass rush from a variety of positions.

He's not Von Miller. But he also can do things Von Miller cannot hope to do.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    He's not Von Miller. But he also can do things Von Miller cannot hope to do.
    Like sign a contract.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Packers sign RB Brandon Ross.

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/...B/Brandon-Ross

Brandon Ross
    School: Maryland
    Position: RB

Height: 5-10
    Weight: 208
    40: 4.57
    Year: 4Sr

Positive: Three-year starter who posted a career-best 958 rushing yards as a senior. Underrated situational running back prospect with a well-rounded game. Tough interior ball carrier, keeps his feet moving and runs through tackles to pick up the difficult yardage. Runs hard, keeps the play in bounds and uses an effective straight arm to keep defenders away. Displays a good initial burst and the ability to avoid piles. Quickly changes direction without losing momentum, displays outstanding vision and will pick and choose his spots on the inside. Solid receiver out of the backfield. Effective blocker when required.
    Negative: Not a true perimeter runner and best on the inside. More quick than fast.
    Analysis: Ross was consistently productive and did a solid job in all areas of the game. He showed well during Shrine Game practices and should get late round consideration for a team looking for a 4th running back.