http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/380687851.html

Michael Cohen/JSO

Green Bay — The following is a summary of coach Mike McCarthy's post-practice press conference following Tuesday's OTA session:

(On his first impression) We looked like a team that took the field for the second time. I think the positives of our football team – our conditioning, our strength level – reflect where we thought we’d be after five weeks of the off-season program.

(On Eddie Lacy’s shape) Eddie is like a lot of our team right now. We’ve all got a lot of work to do. He’s been here the whole time.

(On Jordy Nelson) He’s going very well. He’s right on schedule, I would say, and he’s sticking to the plan. I think you have to be smart in these times and just go about it the right way. We’re focused on more individual work with Jordy Nelson. We’re not going to put him in the group and team environment right now.

(On Nick Perry) If you think about it, this is his first time to go through the off-season program without an injury. … Nick so far has had an excellent off-season. He’s been here the whole time, even during the time off.

(On Davante Adams) I think Davante is a very steady personality. It isn’t like he’s going to walk in the building banging drums any time. But I think he’s a lot stronger; he looks stronger this year than the past. He’s healthy. We’ve talked about this a bunch throughout the season. I think he demonstrated that on the catch today. He can go up and high-point the football.

(On Datone Jones playing OLB) Datone Jones playing the elephant, I think the position really reflects the way you’ve got to use him. Flexibility, the ability to play a 5-, 6-, 7-, 9-technique. … I think he’s kind of found his niche here. I think this is the right position for him.

(On Julius Peppers) Julius Peppers is ageless. I agree with that. You see him run the 220s and do some of the conditioning stuff, he runs with the DBs. He’s such an impressive athlete the way he keeps himself in great shape.