Thread: DON BANKS---------ANY FUEL TO THE FIRE ????

Blog Entries

DON BANKS---------ANY FUEL TO THE FIRE ????

He wrote in a blog a while back that MM and AROD's relationship is not as hunky dory as it used to be, and MM and TT have also had some disagreements in relation to free agency and they are not as unified as they once were. Then he came on ESPN last week and was interviewed and while staying general he chatted about his views.

He also feels MM is under as much or more pressure than any coach in the NFL given he has the best QB in the NFL in a QB happy league and only won the big show once.

Anybody buy into this ?

LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Yeah I buy it. Winning cures all. Losing will magnify. 10 years is a long run together. If the Packers regress to 9-7 and miss the playoffs, I think it's reasonable to think about change at the GM (TT retires) and Head Coach (Jr. Wolf starts anew) spots. I don't see that happening but this reign is going to end sometime.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Who here hasn't been in a 10 year relationship were you didn't get sick of each other? Hell I was sick of most you bitches after 5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Who here hasn't been in a 10 year relationship were you didn't get sick of each other? Hell I was sick of most you bitches after 5 years!
    Sweet. Took longer than most of my relationships.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I buy the entire argument, except that all this chatter about M3 and T2 is based on one McGinn article. And that article (we talked about it on here last year) was beyond thinly sourced. One source, anonymous, was described as familiar with team. Meaning, it could have been any agent of any player. Even the marketing only guys. Or another team's scout who talked to Alonzo Highsmith.

So I buy the theory, we just have ZERO idea if its happening.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I've sensed a problem with Rodgers and MM ever since MM took the ball out of Rodgers' hands late in the Seattle playoff game. Rodgers was clearly upset about it in his postgame PC, and Rodgers doesn't forget it if he believes he's been slighted by someone.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that MM thinks TT should have done more at the ILB position. I also wouldn't be surprised if TT is getting tired of MM being unable to finish out winnable playoff games. But those last two are just speculation.
    Last edited by Joemailman; 07-14-2016 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I've sensed a problem with Rodgers and MM ever since MM took the ball out of Rodgers' hands late in the Seattle playoff game. Rodgers was clearly upset about it in his postgame PC, and Rodgers doesn't forget it if he believes he's been slighted by someone.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that MM thinks TT should have done more at the ILB position. I also wouldn't be surprised if TT is getting tired of MM being unable to finish out winnable playoff games. But those last two are just speculation.
    I would buy this too if he hadn't done it a dozen times before that and half a dozen times since then.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rodgers was upset after that game but I seriously doubt it was because MM took the ball out of his hands late in the game. Never seeing the ball again is probably what Aaron was unhappy about besides losing the game.

There will always be a little friction between coach and QB (unless it's a situation where the coach completely rolls over for the QB). I think it's a good thing, you never want to be 100 percent comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Rodgers was upset after that game but I seriously doubt it was because MM took the ball out of his hands late in the game. Never seeing the ball again is probably what Aaron was unhappy about besides losing the game.
    Didn't AR actually say it was a mistake to have stopped doing what had worked well all game?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Didn't AR actually say it was a mistake to have stopped doing what had worked well all game?
    I don't remember the exact words, but Rodgers said something to the effect that at the end of the game they were less aggressive than usual. When asked by a reporter if he could elaborate on that, he said "No I cannot".

I don't remember the exact words, but Rodgers said something to the effect that at the end of the game they were less aggressive than usual. When asked by a reporter if he could elaborate on that, he said "No I cannot".
    Sum up what you're feeling: "It's a missed opportunity that I will probably think about the rest of my career. We were the better team today and we played well enough to win and we can't blame anybody but ourselves."

Why didn't you win? "We had some chances early. Had some chances late to do some things and we didn't do it. When we go back and think about it, I think we, at times, there was - we just weren't playing - we weren't playing as aggressive as we usually are."

Standing on the sidelines in OT and no chance to try: "Yeah, it's tough. We had a good drive there and Mason made a great kick to put us in overtime. Lose the toss, and the next thing you know - you're out of it. It's tough."

Can you elaborate on not being as aggressive as you have been? "No, I can't."

After 57 minutes of a solid game, what did you see in the last three minutes? "From the defense? They gave up a couple scores."

On that flat drive and series after the Burnett INT, when Lacy ran the ball: "Not very good. When you do that - that's how you lose games."

Is that an area - where you ran - where that wasn't as aggressive? "We've finished out games before in four minute. We had a chance to do some things. Didn't do it."

His calf: "It was OK. Fourth quarter, I just kind of had to let it go. I needed to push it and run a little bit. And just kind of let it go."

Did you feel it on the scramble? "Mmm hmm. I felt it the whole game."

Feel something when you ran there? "Yeah."

This loss: "Losses are bad either way - but the way we lost... you know we were sitting there, up two scores, late in the game, with the ball, you know, you expect to put that thing away."

See that Richard Sherman was hurt? "Mmm hmm."

Did you feel like you needed to go after him? "Yeah, I would think we could. But we just didn't execute very well."

Team mentality coming in here: "We were confident. We were confident that we were going to win the game. And to start off, we had some good drives. Put some things together. The defense played great. Picked them off four times, forced another turnover on special teams. But you just can't have, you can't let them complete pass for a touchdown on a fake field goal, you can't give up an onside kick, you can't not get any first downs in the fourth quarter and expect to win. And that's on top of being really poor in the red zone in the first half. This was a great opportunity. We were right on the cusp."

Where do you go with your emotions from here? "You just go home. Think about it and stay with it and move on and get ready for the offseason program. This one’s going to hurt for a while because of the close proximity of feeling that feeling when the clock hits zero and you’re ahead. We gave it away."

What does it say for the game even though you had two INTs: "The defense played great. Felt like we might have had an offsides on the first interception. Corey snapped it early — I figured it was a free play — and Davante’s was the only route that was going in the end zone. Sherm made a good play. The second one, just miscommunication between Cobb and I."

Why think it was a free play? "I saw the end jump; he must not have been in the zone."

Found this:

Why didn't you win?
    "We had some chances early. Had some chances late to do some things and we didn't do it. When we go back and think about it, I think we, at times, there was - we just weren't playing - we weren't playing as aggressive as we usually are."

Can you elaborate on not being as aggressive as you have been?
    "No, I can't."

Edit - Striker beat me to it!

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post

What the fuck kind of thing is that to say?

I'm hurt.