Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2016 Offseason Workouts/OTA/Minicamp Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...ht-thats-right

Taking part in the Packers’ first open-to-the-public practice during organized team activities Tuesday, Lacy did appear lighter, especially across his midsection, but the difference wasn’t astonishing. A source told ESPN.com’s Rob Demovsky that Lacy’s weight is “in the 240s,” meaning Lacy’s weight likely was north of 260 pounds last season, after which coach Mike McCarthy announced that he “cannot play at the weight he was at” in 2015.
    I would believe he weighed 260 last year with the way he could not finish runs. He was 231 at the Combine.

Post further down by Demovsky:

It’s also possible that Lacy has gotten heavier since he returned to Green Bay for the start of the offseason program on April 18, when he showed up about 18 pounds lighter than when he left in January.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Ron Dayne is just chirping on this now? He's as slow on this story as he was hitting holes when he was a RB.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

When did we sign McCray? I must have missed that...

Bad pad level? Sneaking fried chicken to Eddie Lacy?

McCarthy might want to go all Lombardi on him once in a while.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-quarterbacks/

Packers release Ryan Williams. Sign North Carolina quarterback Marquise Williams.

Local report said Williams had a brutal camp day this week.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Adams insisted this week that he in no way got complacent last year because of Rodgers’ kind words -- or because Green Bay coach Mike McCarthy anointed him the “MVP” of the offseason. He also swore he didn’t crumble under the weight of their high hopes for him.
    If McCarthy called me the MVP of the offseason, I would assume I was getting cut before the next year. I might hold out until he took it back.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...-rodgers-faith

Interesting from the article, regarding Adam's MCL tear in the playoffs:

The lone upside to the injury, which turned out to be a torn medial collateral ligament and lingered into the offseason, was that it forced Adams to focus on his upper body during early offseason workouts, since he couldn’t run.

The result: He appeared visibly thicker in his chest and arms during Tuesday’s practice.

Bach's ankle is still rehabbing.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfl/rumors/p...ular-attention

"It's hard when something like that changes your ankle," Bakhtiari told Wood. "It's obviously going to be a little bit different, but to let me do everything I want to do, it took me the offseason to get it right."

The three-year starter had five torn ligaments in the ankle at season's end, per Wood, but didn't need offseason surgery. Still, he's spent the past several months rehabbing.
    He is apparently full go at OTAs though, so good?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Bach's ankle is still rehabbing.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfl/rumors/p...ular-attention

He is apparently full go at OTAs though, so good?
    In one article he talked about the injury having changed his ankle permanently. He said it will now always require maintenance (whatever that is) and will have to be watched closely and guarded when things don't feel right.

The big question for Lacy, as with anyone trying to change lifelong habits, is whether he can make the change permanent.

I'm getting tired of every article where the Packers make a roster move, they mention that John Kuhn would be still be available to sign. Enough!!!!

Cletidus Hunt and Gilbert Brown are still available for that matter, too. Maybe we should sign Greg Hardy.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I'm getting tired of every article where the Packers make a roster move, they mention that John Kuhn would be still be available to sign. Enough!!!!

Cletidus Hunt and Gilbert Brown are still available for that matter, too. Maybe we should sign Greg Hardy.
    You can tell it is the offseason where there isn't much to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post

Report Ripkowski could take over if Kuhn doesn't come back!

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...381734281.html

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Report Ripkowski could take over if Kuhn doesn't come back!

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...381734281.html
    That's the hard hitting reporting we can expect from the JSO/GBPG/Gannett merger.

Matthews will still be on the move. Curious how this plays into using Perry, who will excel versus the run.

Capers won’t commit to playing Matthews exclusively outside, but that’s where he’ll start out.

“We just think that’s his base position,” Capers said. “But that doesn’t mean you might not see him slide and do some other things because we know he can do it and he can handle it mentally. The plans going in are to play him more outside. But as we get into the season, you never say never.”
    http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/f...dbab35d11.html

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Matthews will still be on the move. Curious how this plays into using Perry, who will excel versus the run.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/f...dbab35d11.html
    Moving Matthews around makes it harder for teams to gameplan to stop him. Perry was quite effective late last year rushing the passer with Matthews inside. Moving Matthews inside just enables Pack to get one more pass rusher on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Moving Matthews around makes it harder for teams to gameplan to stop him. Perry was quite effective late last year rushing the passer with Matthews inside. Moving Matthews inside just enables Pack to get one more pass rusher on the field.
    this.

Banjo got married. So we can look forward to ...

more Banjos!

I am my Father ‏@CarlBradford54 6h6 hours ago
    Major s/o to my boy @Chris1Banjo for getting married yesterday! May God bless you and your family forever! #OneLove

`````In that 2-4 that Wist loves, you could feature Matthews, Perry, Peppers, and Jones (or Elliot) and really keep the other side guessing as to which elephant will be covering the running back.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack