I've been hemming and hawing on this draft... don't know what to think of it. Guess I'll give it a C b/c I'm not much committed either way.

The best pick is Spriggs... he's not strong enough now, but I think a year or two in an NFL training program and he'll be fine. He's got great feet, and pretty good hands. He as to solve that inside counter move - he'll need a lot of coaching to get over that.

I think Martinez has a chance to be our nickel and dime ILB... not b/c he's a super athlete and can get sideline to sideline, but b/c he's got a high football IQ, and very good instincts. Combine that with okay speed, certainly not great, but okay, and I think he'll be a big improvement over Ryan and Barrington - neither of whom should be on the field in subpackages.

I like Davis and Murphy as projects. Murphy will definitely make the roster... not sure about Davis with the numbers game, but he has speed and that is something we desperately need.

Have no idea what to do with Lowry and Fackrell. Lowry can be a rotation guy at DE; and I don't think Fackrell is going to make anyone forget about Peppers when he leaves after next season.

Don't think Clark has enough athleticism to have any impact on passing downs - unless it's just cleaning up with garbage sacks when the QB is forced to step up. He should be okay against the run.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This draft doesn't do much to help us this year, except that Spriggs will probably be the first one off the bench when an OL goes down, and Martinez will hopefully make the mess at ILB a little less messy. The rest of the guys are developmental guys, rolls players, etc... no impact players.

I doubt we will be the favorite to win the division, we didn't win it last year, and the Vikings definitely had a better offseason than we did. I seriously doubt we'll make a serious push for the SB. Tick-tock.