I didn't know where else to put this, so I'm starting a new thread.

GBPG has an article about TT's success in the second round compared to the rest of the NFL. The story is largely built around the singular fact that TT has drafted more pro bowlers in the second round than any other team. The rest of the narrative supports that angle.

The author calls the second round the largest disparity for TT vs the NFL, but based on games started, that's simply not true. Also, he calls the first round roughly the same as the NFL average, but that's also not true. Here are the actual conclusions using the statistics he misrepresents:

TT is 20% below average in the first round (likely because he's consistently drafting in the late 20s), but far from "on par with the NFL average".
TT is 22% above average in the second round--which is impressive as the article states.

But most impressive is his fourth round where he bats 45% better than the NFL average in games started; the Packers actually get more production out of the fourth round than they do the third (NFL 4th rounders average 80% of the starts as their 3rd rounders; the Packers get 133%).

Just some narrative inaccuracies I thought I'd correct.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ound/82933358/