Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    WR: So the Packers on paper have all 6 wide outs returning, but for having depth the Packers have a lot of question marks in their receiving corps. For one does Jordy Nelson come back healthy and ready to play? Can Adams turn it around? Is Janis ready to contribute week in and week out? Can Abbey stay healthy?

Tier 1
    Laquon Treadwell
    Corey Coleman
    Josh Doctson

Tier 2
    Will Fuller
    Tyler Boyd
    Micheal Thomas
    Sterling Shepard
    Pharoh Cooper
    Braxton Miller
    Rashard Higgins

Tier 3
    Kolby Listenbee
    Leonte Carroo
    Kenny Lawler
    Jordan Payton
    Keyarris Garrett
    Charone Peake
    Malcom Mitchell

Tier 4
    Trevor Davis
    Robby Anderson
    Aaron Burbridge
    Daniel Brauerman
    Devon Cajuste
    Demarcus Robinson
    Roger Lewis
    Mike Thomas
    Are these your tiers?
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    More on Jack's knee. Meniscus is repaired and team's are OK with it. But he has a separation building cartilage and bone in his knee that will also need to be addressed later. So, as one put it in the article, the question is does he play for 4 years/1 contract or 10 years and 2?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...rns-about-knee
    Jack's knee is fine, don't believe those anonymous liars talking to RapSheet!

Anonymous reports questioning Jack’s recovery from a 2015 knee injury were recently derided by NFL execs as a pre-draft smokescreen to lower his value. The ploy didn’t work: draft experts are confident he’ll be gone before the seventh pick arrives.
    http://www.scout.com/story/1664344-4...-into-one?s=61

This round up of mock drafts has Billings going to the Packers at 27.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Are these your tiers?
    In theory yes,

but I got the list unedited on CBS. I am not doing anything to inform. I am just showing position depth.

Finally it's the eve of the DRAFT.

I'm thinking that TT will draft for the DL....or go For a LT if he see's his man.

A big part of me wants to see TT pick the very best playmaker available to the offense or go with something to support Aaron Rodgers.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...ft_rumors.html

Green Bay Packers draft rumors: Who will Packers take with No. 27 pick in 2016 NFL draft?

"The Packers will almost certainly select a defensive lineman or linebacker in the first round. SI's Peter King and ESPN's Mel Kiper each have Green Bay taking Alabama linebacker Reggie Ragland at No. 27.

CBS Sports' analysts are split among several defensive linemen: Baylor's Andrew Billings, Alabama's Jarran Reed and Louisville's Sheldon Rankins
    "
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Finally it's the eve of the DRAFT.

I'm thinking that TT will draft for the DL....or go For a LT if he see's his man.

A big part of me wants to see TT pick the very best playmaker available to the offense or go with something to support Aaron Rodgers.
    Since this draft is weak on TE and WR, going for offensive playmakers isn't the best bet, unless you consider a LT a playmaker. Go defense and get the ball back in Rodgers' hands quicker.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

I would not be mad at all if we took Jaylon in R2. That would be fantastic.

The only skill position player that really excites me in this draft is Braxton Miller. He is just so quick. Otherwise, build the trenches!

If you could get Billings in R1, and then the MLB Wisty-poo keeps talking about in R2, and then trade back up into R2 to get Jaylon Smith... holy guacamole that is an A+ draft for the Packer IMO!

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I also want to know how Ragland makes it to the Packers? I just don't see it happening with him being rated as one of the top 10 defensive prospects in this draft. If he is there I would think this a no brainer for the Packers but what do I know?

I also want to know how Ragland makes it to the Packers? I just don't see it happening with him being rated as one of the top 10 defensive prospects in this draft. If he is there I would think this a no brainer for the Packers but what do I know?
    A lot of the do your own mock sites have him going in the 20s. I think ThunderDan has done half a dozen where he gets Ragland almost everytime.

Lot of the current mocks from writers have him going in the teens.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

A lot of the do your own mock sites have him going in the 20s. I think ThunderDan has done half a dozen where he gets Ragland almost everytime.

The only reason for Ragland to slide is ??? on his coverage abilities. Green Bay plays nickel almost 60% of the time on D. Is Ragland good enough to stay on the field in Nickel ?

The answer to that question will determine where he goes in the draft..... IMO

Jumbo Rat HOFer

Yup and I think the Packers have an OK shot at getting him.

We know the first 2 picks will be QBs. That probably causes a team to grab the 3rd best QB in the 1st also because they don't want to miss out. Think Christian Ponder and MN a few years back.

If a team grabs a WR in the 10s that will probably cause 2 WRs to go in the next 10-15 picks. No need to grab a WR after the 1st 3 that high but you don't want to miss one of those 3.

Then once the OTs and DTs start to go that will cause those positions to go. My worry is if Myles Jack goes early then you would guess the other top tier LBs will go before the Packers. In that case we should either get a top DT or OT.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Here is a former Packer scout, Marc Lillibridge, with a three round mock. For the Packers:

1. Reggie Ragland
    2. Jihad Ward
    3. Joe Thuney

http://590thefan.com/bridges-three-round-mock

Thuney does sound like a TT sort of guy. Lots of starts at LT, but also at other spots whenever needed. Highest Wonderlic among OL at 39.

Give a choice of Ragland + someone else, or Billings and Jaylon Smith, what do you do? Are you okay with Jaylon sitting out a year? I think I am if he is as good as everyone claims. Packers are the perfect org for him to take a year and get better. I would even be okay with Ragland + Smith.

At this point, I think the negatives on Jaylon Smith add up to where I don't want him before the 4th round. If he should last that long, then maybe if the Packers haven't used their fourth to trade up. I look at these negatives:

- he won't pay in 2016
    - it could be 2018 before he is full recovered, if it ever happens
    - there is a chance, even if slight, that he never plays again, and it seems that chance might be more then slight;
    - even if he does play again, he might not be the player he was.

PFT has a mock draft: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...mulated-draft/

That has 5 QBs going in the first round. Its the first I have heard a number like that. But the 3rd QB is Lynch to the 49ers, and I could see the 49ers looking for a QB, even trading down to get one if they thought it safe. Numbers 4 and 5 are the Cardinals and Broncos who pick after the Pack.

A 3 QB run would be good for the Packers, plausible, even if 5 in the first is far fetched.

Are there any other runs that could help?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    PFT has a mock draft: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...mulated-draft/

That has 5 QBs going in the first round. Its the first I have heard a number like that. But the 3rd QB is Lynch to the 49ers, and I could see the 49ers looking for a QB, even trading down to get one if they thought it safe. Numbers 4 and 5 are the Cardinals and Broncos who pick after the Pack.

A 3 QB run would be good for the Packers, plausible, even if 5 in the first is far fetched.

Are there any other runs that could help?
    WR, that takes 3 slots once they go.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

CB's. There will be at least 2 if not 4 of them going in the first round, not counting Jalen Ramsey (who is either a S or CB).

First round wish list

Billings, DT, Baylor
    Taylor Decker, OT, OSU
    Josh Doctson, WR, TCU
    Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama
    Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
    Leonard Flyod, LB, Georgia
    Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor
    William Jackson III, CB, Houston

Some of those will be gone, and there are others that I like... this is a deep draft.
    wist