Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: McGinn has spoken - Packers will pick Kenny Clark

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...istory/page/13

A reminder !

One of the biggest blown picks of all time:

The Green Bay Packers picked T Tony Mandarich from Michigan State at NO. 2 overall in the 1989 Draft.

The Dallas Cowboys grabbed quarterback Troy Aikman at No. 1.

In order, that pick was followed by the Green Bay Packers choosing T Tony Mandarich.

At NO. 3 the Detroit Lions picked arguably the best all time RB running back in Barry Sanders after Cleveland's Jim Brown.

At NO. 4 the Kansas City Chiefs chose outstanding linebacker Derrick Thomas.

At NO. 5 the Atlanta Falcons went with what arguably is the greatest All Time CB in Deion Sanders.

Good Golly Miss Molly...Ouch !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-28-2016 at 10:18 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

SHERMAN!
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    KGB!
    As Rand said, KGB was another one of those, "tweeners" but he could get after the QB and had a darn good career for a 5th round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Another problem in choosing D-linemen is they might have built their reputation against weak O-linemen. How did they do the few times they played against an NFL caliber O-lineman is the big question.

That, by the way, is another rap on Clark. He did well and padded his stats against inferior competitors.
    I really don't remember too much about Clark's college career Maxie. I just remember being a Pack fan during those dark days in the 70's and 80's and thinking man we must really, really suck when a player would rather go to the CFL than sign with us! Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    I really don't remember too much about Clark's college career Maxie. I just remember being a Pack fan during those dark days in the 70's and 80's and thinking man we must really, really suck when a player would rather go to the CFL than sign with us! Lol!
    Two different Clarks. One is getting drafted this year. One was drafted long ago.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Two different Clarks. One is getting drafted this year. One was drafted long ago.
    Gotcha PB...Maxie is talking about this year's Kenny Clark from UCLA. I misunderstood and thought that he was talking about Bruce after my initial post. All I know is I sure hope we don't go with this year's Clark in the 1st. (Or the one from 1980 either!)

As Rand said, KGB was another one of those, "tweeners" but he could get after the QB and had a darn good career for a 5th round pick.
    KGB was good early in his career but a tad light and his sweep move got over tired.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Gotcha PB...Maxie is talking about this year's Kenny Clark from UCLA. I misunderstood and thought that he was talking about Bruce after my initial post. All I know is I sure hope we don't go with this year's Clark in the 1st. (Or the one from 1980 either!)
    The elder would bring the requisite veteran leadership though. So he has that going for him!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Gave me flashbacks to Sherman's 3 (4 depending on who you credit 2001 to) drafts in general...

2001:
    1 10 Jamal Reynolds DE Florida State
    2 41 Robert Ferguson WR Texas A&M
    3 71 Bhawoh Jue SS Penn State
    3 72 Torrance Marshall LB Oklahoma
    4 105 Bill Ferrario G Wisconsin
    6 198 David Martin TE Tennessee

2002:
    1 20 Javon Walker WR Florida State
    3 92 Marques Anderson SS UCLA
    4 135 Najeh Davenport FB Miami (Fla.)
    5 156 Aaron Kampman DE Iowa
    5 164 Craig Nall QB Northwestern State-Louisiana
    6 200 Mike Houghton G San Diego State

2003:
    1 29 Nick Barnett MLB Oregon State
    3 79 Kenny Peterson DE Ohio State
    5 147 James Lee DT Oregon State
    5 166 Hunter Hillenmeyer LB Vanderbilt
    6 212 Brennan Curtin T Notre Dame
    7 245 Chris Johnson DB Louisville
    7 253 DeAndrew Rubin -- South Florida
    7 256 Carl Ford WR Toledo
    7 257 Steve Josue LB Carson-Newman

2004:
    1 25 Ahmad Carroll CB Arkansas
    3 70 Joey Thomas CB Montana State
    3 72 Donnell Washington DT Clemson
    3 87 B.J. Sander P Ohio State
    6 179 Corey Williams DT Arkansas State
    7 251 Scott Wells C Tennessee

I'd say he missed pretty badly.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    ^^^ Fritz, is that Najeh Davenport's bathroom?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    no kidding, right? When has a rookie DL come in and been a total stud? Even Raji at #9 was just OK in 2009. Justin Harrell: COL (cry out loud). Not counting tweeners Reynold, Perry and Neal, The Packers basically have drafted two decent lineman in the last 18 years: Raji and Daniels (Jones? is he DL or OLB?? now he's a tweener too). KGB was a tweener too, so you have to go all the way back to Vonnie Holliday. Packers suck at drafting interior linemen. You could fill a school bus with Packer DL picks, drive it over a cliff, and the organization would never know the difference.
    ..other than the missing bus.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

I agree that Vonnie Holliday was probably the last d-lineman taken with a high pick, (First 3 rounds.) who we actually received adequate value from.
    Depends how you assess value. I'd say the Pack got decent value out of Cletius' rookie contract...
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I forgot about Kampman. He was OK.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

^^^ Fritz, is that Najeh Davenport's bathroom?
    Nah. He's got a laundry basket in his.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I forgot about Kampman. He was OK.
    Attitude problems.