Thread: McGinn has spoken - Packers will pick Kenny Clark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Why pick him in the 1st Rnd when Fanspeak let me pick him in the 3rd?

27: R1P27
    DE KEVIN DODD
    CLEMSON

57: R2P26
    OT JACK CONKLIN
    MICHIGAN STATE

88: R3P25
    DT KENNY CLARK
    UCLA

125: R4P27
    ILB AARON WALLACE
    UCLA

131: R4P33
    DT DAVID ONYEMATA
    MANITOBA (CANADA)

137: R4P39
    DE JAMES COWSER
    SOUTHERN UTAH

163: R5P24
    CB RYAN SMITH
    NORTH CAROLINA CENTRAL

200: R6P25
    WR PAUL MC ROBERTS
    SE MISSOURI STATE

248: R7P27
    RB TYLER ERVIN
    SAN JOSE ST.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Why pick him in the 1st Rnd when Fanspeak let me pick him in the 3rd?

27: R1P27
    DE KEVIN DODD
    CLEMSON

57: R2P26
    OT JACK CONKLIN
    MICHIGAN STATE

88: R3P25
    DT KENNY CLARK
    UCLA

I have no idea why the mock draft sites have such little regard for him.

They label him as a first day athlete and then he regularly drops to the last first day player taken.

Pigskin Paul likes Clark or Vernon Butler for us. Butler gets the edge in athleticism and versatility. It bothers some that Clark played unusually far off the LOS. It bothers some that Butler rarely saw or defeated double teams.

I'm hoping for a DT. I'd be okay with those two. I'd like to see Javon Hargrave later if we miss on a DT in the first.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    I have no idea why the mock draft sites have such little regard for him.

They label him as a first day athlete and then he regularly drops to the last first day player taken.

Pigskin Paul likes Clark or Vernon Butler for us. Butler gets the edge in athleticism and versatility. It bothers some that Clark played unusually far off the LOS. It bothers some that Butler rarely saw or defeated double teams.

I'm hoping for a DT. I'd be okay with those two. I'd like to see Javon Hargrave later if we miss on a DT in the first.
    Nowadays IMO the three qualities NFL scouts look for in virtually every DL/LB position are pass rush, pass rush and pass rush. I think they see Clark as more of a run stuffer. One analyst says he "showed a knack for batting down passes, breaking up five on the year." I like that about him, but some take it as meaning he doesn't get to the QB a lot. Plus, he's only 20 years old and may not be able to step right in and start in the NFL. I think he'll slip to #27 and might even be available at #57. But 3rd Round? Not likely.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers