Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: GET HARD!!!! 2016 NFL DRAFT TODAY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    WE GOT 44 Woody !!
    Not on my board that I posted earlier today. I had Reed and Butler slightly higher, but it's hard to be too upset since I had those three as the class of the DT group--outside of Sheldon Rankins (who is a better fit in a 4-3 defense).

MY TOP 40 PROSPECTS

1 Jalen Ramsey
    2 Myles Jack*
    3 Joey Bosa
    4 Jaylon Smith*
    5 Laremy Tunsil
    6 DeForest Buckner
    7 Carson Wentz
    8 Jack Conklin
    9 Ezekiel Elliott
    10 Ronnie Stanley
    11 Darron Lee
    12 Vernon Hargreaves
    13 Jared Goff
    14 Sheldon Rankins
    15 Leonard Floyd
    16 Laquon Treadwell
    17 Josh Doctson
    18 Jarran Reed
    19 Vernon Butler
    20 Paxton Lynch
    21 Shaq Lawson
    22 Kenny Clark
    23 Ryan Kelly
    24 Emmanuel Ogbah
    25 Taylor Decker
    26 A'Shawn Robinson
    27 Reggie Ragland
    28 Andrew Billings
    29 Eli Apple
    30 William Jackson
    31 Kamalei Correa
    32 Karl Joseph
    33 Corey Coleman
    34 Sterling Shepard
    35 Mackensie Alexander
    36 Jason Spriggs
    37 Germain Ifedi
    38 Vonn Bell
    39 Cody Whitehair
    40 Joshua Garnett
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Datone Jones ‏@IAM_Dat_One 9m9 minutes ago
    Ayeeeeeee lets freaking go. I promise this kid is very special. @KCBoutThatLife Congrats bro
    How would he, like, know?

Maybe the two of 'em know some guy at UCLA that can play.

I don't dislike the pick
    I disliked the job our GM did

Seattle trades down 5 picks and gets a 3rd round pick. GB makes that deal and good chance they get the same player, or one very similar.
    KC trades down 7 picks and picks up an extra 4th and 6th. He might have been there too.

Those picks could have been very valuable in moving back into round two if need be

In the end, it will be interested to see if Kenny Clark has a better career than both NFL ready DL'man from Alabama, expecially Robinsin. And is his career better than a 3rd round draft pick and one of those players better ?
    Do the DLs from Alabama fit the NT position/the Packers scheme?

Remember Jervey and Leshon Johnson and their wildlife pets ?
    The only thing better was Holmgren's reaction.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Nobody seems to like this pick. Then I guess he'll be just fine.
    Lol!

Obviously, TT doesn't know what he's doing and the whole draft is a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Obviously, TT doesn't know what he's doing and the whole draft is a waste.
    Season's already over. Just give the Packers the 22nd pick next year and be done with it.

I don't dislike the pick
    I disliked the job our GM did

Seattle trades down 5 picks and gets a 3rd round pick. GB makes that deal and good chance they get the same player, or one very similar.
    KC trades down 7 picks and picks up an extra 4th and 6th. He might have been there too.

Those picks could have been very valuable in moving back into round two if need be

In the end, it will be interested to see if Kenny Clark has a better career than both NFL ready DL'man from Alabama, expecially Robinsin. And is his career better than a 3rd round draft pick and one of those players better ?
    Denver probably doesn't make that trade with the Packers. If they did, some other team that wanted Lynch could make a deal with Seattle to beat Denver to Lynch. I would have been okay with a different trade down, but obviously TT liked Clark. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Do the DLs from Alabama fit the NT position/the Packers scheme?
    Reed is a great run plugger with little pass rush ability. Robinson has questions about his motor.

Going deeper, it's a good group, but there were minor questions about all these guys. Nkemdiche has questions about his motor also. I think Billings is more of a 4-3 DT than 3-4 DE or NT. Rankins and Bullard are better fits in a 4-3. Austin Johnson had the worst measurables of the group.

That's probably why Clark was more appealing. TT and MM seem to be emphasizing the pass rush more and more as the years go by, so I think it probably came down to Clark vs. Butler. I had Butler slightly higher overall, very slightly. I had Clark higher in the effort and toughness category. The overall measurables were about the same. I had Butler as a bit better as a run defender. Clark with a bit more potential as a pass rusher.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
    The #Cowboys tried to trade back into the first round, and I'm told it was for #Memphis QB Paxton Lynch. They couldn't do it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Seems like a very safe pick. Guy already looks like an effective leverage dude. Like a faster Guion. Hard to really get a feel for how athletic he can be since he's still just a baby.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Seems like a very safe pick. Guy already looks like an effective leverage dude. Like a faster Guion. Hard to really get a feel for how athletic he can be since he's still just a baby.
    Athletically, he's at or near the top amongst the top 3-4 NTs in the draft. Him and Vernon Butler. I used a modified SPARC that I took off a Seahawks site, and for overall athleticism here's how the top 3-4 NTs ranked:

1 Vernon Butler
    2 Kenny Clark
    3 Andrew Billings
    4 Vincent Valentine
    5 Jarran Reed
    6 D.J. Reader
    7 A'Shawn Robinson
    8 Austin Johnson

Clark doesn't have pro-bowl potential, and as I said in an earlier post, he doesn't possess any special traits.

He's just a pretty good, unspectacular football player. I want to be okay with the pick, but there were a lot of good players - better players - on the board than Clark. That's why it's disappointing for me.

Think he has a limited ceiling.
    wist

Boy, Myles Jack's knee must be really bad. That really sucks for him. I would not mind taking a flyer here on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger

" Nobody seems to like this pick. Then I guess he'll be just fine. "

I.....love it !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

maybe ted will put something together and move up in the 2nd and get an ilb.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Denver probably doesn't make that trade with the Packers. If they did, some other team that wanted Lynch could make a deal with Seattle to beat Denver to Lynch. I would have been okay with a different trade down, but obviously TT liked Clark. We'll see.
    John Elway was frighten to death that TT might take Paxton Lynch.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Athletically, he's at or near the top amongst the top 3-4 NTs in the draft. Him and Vernon Butler. I used a modified SPARC that I took off a Seahawks site, and for overall athleticism here's how the top 3-4 NTs ranked:

1 Vernon Butler
    2 Kenny Clark
    3 Andrew Billings
    4 Vincent Valentine
    5 Jarran Reed
    6 D.J. Reader
    7 A'Shawn Robinson
    8 Austin Johnson
    That's encouraging considering he won't even be 21 until October. Uber young guys tend to underperform in measureables.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Actually, it's probably because the Cowboys were angling to move up too. And if the Broncos suspected the Packers would deal with the Cowboys, they need to leapfrog the Cowboys.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    ?

not likely
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck