Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: GET HARD!!!! 2016 NFL DRAFT TODAY!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar

Cool GET HARD!!!! 2016 NFL DRAFT TODAY!!!!

You guys want Linebackers? I got linebackers!!!

Ragland, I pretty much think he is the concensus number 1 inside linebacker, which means if he is there Thompson will take a different linebacker. Ragland is not the worlds greatest athlete but few middle linebackers are. He is a very solid tackler, he has good instincts in the run game and in the passing game. He doesn't get fooled on play action in the college game very often. Here is the other thing that is intriguing about Ragland, he can rush from the outside position. Ragland can play all over the field even in nickel. He doesn't have to come out if he can get after the passer. Much better in zone coverage than in man coverage. Also what I like about him is that there is no wasted movement, he takes very good angles to the football.

Jaylon Smith, what a really sad story. This kid is a a hell of an athlete and it is a shame that he had to reck his knee in his last game in college. All you here is that the recovery is not going well and that he is going to have to redshirt his first year in the NFL. This kid is a top 5 pick in this draft and he is going to get 3rd round money. Speed. That is what stands out about this kid. If you watch the Ragland video, in coverage Ragland had some issues running with receivers in coverage. Then you watch Smiths highlight and he is a blanket on receivers running across the middle. Ragland does fine when the receivers are kept in front of hom, but he isn't going to be able to run with NFL running backs and some of the faster tight ends. Smith can handle any and all responsibilities if the knee bounces back. The thing I don't like about Smith is that he is an arm tackler and rather than driving into the ball carrier he drags them down. That will result in missed tackles at the next level. He also tends to jump gaps when he penetrates the the LOS, which is fine but watching the highlight I didn't see him beat any blockers.

Su'a Cravens, there is a lot to like if you watch his highlight film. Tweener between safety and linebacker. He could be viable option in the passing game he is good in coverage and can blitz. I don't know how he would help between the tackles, but he looks like a second round pick, maybe an early third but he brings some athleticism and instinct.

Dion Jones, Undersized guy that makes a lot of tackles. To be honest I don't see any one special quality that jumps out on this film. He is a good but not great athlete, he doesn't have the versatility of a Cravens, he is linebacker only. He keeps his numbers towards the line of scrimmage which a good thing, he doesn't take many false steps and gets to where he needs to be. He seemed pretty well protected in the run game by his defensive linemen.
    Last edited by Deputy Nutz; 04-28-2016 at 01:27 PM.

Scooby Wright, the best thing I can say after watching this film from his Sophomore season is that he likes the game of football. He should have stayed in school although I don't know if it would have improved his draft stock. He is a limited athlete that plays to upright and lacks ideal quickness and speed. He misses too many tackles because he is not athletic enough to break down. I think a 4th round grade is not low enough for this guy

Michigan St film on Darron Lee. I really like watching these complete game films because it shows the good and the bad. There is not much I like about Lee. He usually lines up wide on the slot and you don't see his speed when it comes time to close on the ball. He lacks strength and instinct which negates his speed. If a lineman gets locked on him he is taken out of the play.

BJ Goodson looks the part of a middle linebacker. He played in a hybrid 3-4 at Clemson and usually in the middle of the field sometimes sliding over past the edge rusher to cover a TE. He is physical and does a decent job in coverage in this film. He needs to shed blockers a bit faster but he would offer a decent mid round value as an ILB

Kentrell Brothers is everything you want in a football player if you are a college coach. He uses his hands well, he takes good angles to the football, he uses his defensive linemen to cover for him, he reads the offense very well. Unfortunately this is the kinda of guy the Combine weeds out. He is just a step slow and that will bury him in the NFL. It's really too bad because his film is quite good.
    Last edited by Deputy Nutz; 04-28-2016 at 01:26 PM.

Wow. Not much to get a boner over here.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    BJ Goodson looks a lot like Darron Lee. They are almost indistinguishable.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Tyler Matakevich, him and Scooby Wright should form a band. Not really all that impressive, at times on this film he looked lost and confused. Not extremely athletic, very stiff.

Dominique Alexander, film from 2014 and he had a broken hand. He is a bit more athletically gifted than some further down the draft and he might make a good project for two years and he could be a starter. He could be a darn good special teams player. He should have more production based on his athleticism.

I like Joshua Perry 100% better than Derron Lee. I also think Perry could play inside stacked over the offense guard. He uses his hand pretty well and stays square to the line of scrimmage. He doesn't get washed out. He is not a great athlete and struggles on a quick change of direction. He has stiff hips and that's never going to change, but for the value of a second or third round pick he offers more than some guys that are going to go before him

Myles Jack is a football player. He is athletic and has that quick twitch thing that jumps off on film. He is aggressive and likes to hit people. He uses his hands well. He is not the athlete that Jaylon Smith is, but he is the close. He just hasn't matured as a linebacker yet. He isn't natural in reading play action and it takes him too long to read the offense. He gets away with it because he is the most athletic guy on the field, but that won't be the case in the NFL. He will most likely mature into a good linebacker at the next level but I have seen better.

Kamalei Correa, Don't waste your time, sort of like Nick Perry at his worst. This could be a bad film of him, but he is so stiff and nonexplosive that I don't think I need to watch anymore.

Joe the Show, He does a nice job holding the line of scrimmage, rarely in this footage do you see him get pushed back. Schobert is sneaky athletic he doesn't jump off the film but I think he is able to do more at his size than most guys. Good closing speed and more active then some of the other guys. He doesn't close space well on this film, he leaves pockets for backs to run through and the only chance he gives himself is to dive at their feet. I think I would rather have this guy on a roster than a 3 or 4 of the other guys.

Because he is a Wisconsin kid
    Last edited by Deputy Nutz; 04-28-2016 at 12:14 PM.

What time tonight do you think we'll be on the clock?

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    What time tonight do you think we'll be on the clock?
    Whatever time that is, they are sure to be at commercial break!
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Is this the official thread?
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Is this the official thread?
    it should be. Nice work Nutz
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

You want fat fucks? I got the fat fucks!!!

Sheldon Rankins, really not much to see here, seriously this was a boring tape, he didn't do much of anything.

Robert Nkemdiche. He is a gap shooter. He doesn't have the frame to hold up to double teams but he is very quick off the snap and can beat guys one on one. He can't allow offensive linemen to get their hands on him at the next level or it's all over for him. I see him more as a 5 technique than an interior guy. I think he could cause some problems rushing out of the nickel for the Packers. He has off the field questions, although he is a college student that got drunk and fell off a balcony, how many of us has that not happened too? Some say that he takes plays off, watch all this film and if you tell me that there is a defensive linemen that goes hard every play then draft that kid.

Vernon Butler is a big fella with some good technique. He uses his hands pretty well and when he is fresh he has a nice forward lean and makes contact with the offensive linemen first. He needs to get into better shape or play less. He could go in the first round but will not make it to the end of the second round, but I would think he would be a rotation guy for anyone that takes him. He has nice pass rushing moves but will be used more of a block eater.

Austin Johnson is a big body man that is trouble to move out of the way even with two blockers. He has the stature to be a run plugger for the next several years in the NFL but he needs better technique and get more explosive. He needs to use his hands better and shed blockers. If you want a guy that could clog the middle this guy could fit the bill. 2 years away from being a potential starter.

"I got the fat fucks!" LOL

Is this shit show going to be streamed, anyone know?

Not without a cable provider login. Those people in Europe (.eu, .tv) with their first row websites often have illegal listings though.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Good evening guys!

I grabbed Dane Brugler's guide again this year......may or may not post the Bios.....pretty detailed.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/b...l2016/ByPlayer

Best available players by pick and team. Bayesians don't like the chances of Billings getting to the Packers. I *think* this updates live.

Hello Ras!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    https://public.tableau.com/profile/b...l2016/ByPlayer

Best available players by pick and team. Bayesians don't like the chances of Billings getting to the Packers. I *think* this updates live.

Hello Ras!

Greets PB, thanks for the link.

Dang, they think Doctson goes before Treadwell, not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Dang, they think Doctson goes before Treadwell, not so sure.
    The measurables say Doctson. The tape says Treadwell. I have them ranked about as evenly as possible, but I'd pick Treadwell if I had to choose. I hope the Vikings don't get either guy.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson