Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: GET HARD!!!! 2016 NFL DRAFT TODAY!!!!

draft seems to be moving faster now that i have more booze in me

My thoughts for each pick so far:

1 Los Angeles Jared Goff (QB) California - Should have taken Wentz
    2 Philadelphia Carson Wentz (QB) NDSU - Good pick
    3 San Diego Joey Bosa (DE) Ohio St - Strange scheme fit; I had Bosa as an elite 4-3 DE but just a good 3-4 OLB
    4 Dallas Ezekiel Elliott (RB) Ohio St - Really? Pass up Ramsey to take a RB in the top 5 not at the Peterson, Gurley level?
    5 Jacksonville Jalen Ramsey (CB) Florida St - Great pick
    6 Baltimore Ronnie Stanley (OT) Notre Dame - Bit of a reach
    7 San Francisco DeForest Buckner (DE) Oregon - Good pick
    8 Tennessee Jack Conklin (OT) Mich St - Good pick
    9 Chicago From TB Leonard Floyd (OLB) Georgia - Too early
    10 NY Giants Eli Apple (CB) Ohio St - I like Apple, but this seems like a reach
    11 Tampa Bay From CHI Vernon Hargreaves III (CB) Florida - Solid pick
    12 New Orleans Sheldon Rankins (DT) Louisville - Good pick for their scheme
    13 Miami Laremy Tunsil (OT) Ole Miss - Great pick
    14 Oakland Karl Joseph (S) W Virginia - I like Josephy, but this seems like a reach
    15 Cleveland TEN Corey Coleman (WR) Baylor - A bit of a head scratcher for me
    16 Detroit Taylor Decker (OT) Ohio St - I'm not as high on Decker as others, but solid pick
    17 Atlanta Keanu Neal (S) Florida - Reach
    18 Indianapolis Ryan Kelly (C) Alabama - Safe pick
    19 Buffalo Shaq Lawson (DE) Clemson - I liked Lawson on film
    20 NY Jets Darron Lee (OLB) Ohio St - Darn it!
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Lee is NOT an OLB.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    The Jets always piss me off

They took Wilkinson when I really wanted him and we go stuck with a fucknard

Then they took a safety I loved a couple years ago; we were ok that year with Haha

They will probably take Lee or Jack

Dear NY Jets

GO FUCK YOURSELVES
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Washington up. This is a team that could steal Ragland.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Calvin Pryor - yeah, that pissed me off too
    I was so happy that they took Prior.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Calvin Pryor - yeah, that pissed me off too
    eh, i liked pryor too, but haha has been the better pro and put up the better numbers

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    draft seems to be moving faster now that i have more booze in me
    lol... strange how that works
    wist

Houston Washington swap spots.....

The Daily Norseman ‏@DailyNorseman 17s18 seconds ago
    Texans paid the Redskins a 2017 6th round pick to swap spots.

From ESPN:

Houston Texans: Texans owner Bob McNair said Tuesday that the Texans need to develop and groom a young quarterback. Finding that guy is their biggest need, whether they have to draft a new player to do it or not. -- Tania Ganguli

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Lee is NOT an OLB.

I think with Lee's speed you can move him around and use his speed to rush the passer from the outside as well; He got some major Bretsky pimpin and if he Odell Thurmanizes he can be used against me
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    lol... strange how that works

Texans take Will Fuller.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I was so happy that they took Prior.
    Prior has been a good player for the Jets

7. WILL FULLER | Notre Dame 6001|186 lbs|4JR Philadelphia, Pa. (Roman Catholic) 4/16/1994 (age 22) #7
    YEAR (GP/GS) REC YDS AVG TD GRADE 2nd Round 2012: Redshirted MEASUREABLES Arm: 30 3/4 | Hand: 08 1/4 | Wingspan: 73 5/8 2013: (13/3) 6 160 26.7 1 COMBINE 40-YD: 4.32 | 10-YD: 1.51 | 20-YD: 2.51 | BP: 10 | VJ: 33.5 | BJ: 10’06” | SS: 4.27 | 3C: 6.93 2014: (13/13) 76 1,094 14.4 15 PRO DAY N/A (positional drills only) 2015: (13/13) 62 1,258 20.3 14 Total: (39/29) 144 2,512 17.4 30

BACKGROUND: A four-star wide receiver recruit out of high school, William “Will” Fuller was recruited as a wide receiver by some and cornerback by others, originally committing to Bill O’Brien at Penn State before flipping to Notre Dame. After redshirting in 2012, he was mostly a reserve in 2013, recording six catches for 160 yards and a touchdown. Fuller became a starter in 2014 as a sophomore and led the team with 76 receptions for 1,094 yards and 15 touchdowns (tied the single season school record), earning All-America honors. He led the Irish in receiving again in 2015 as a junior, finishing with 62 catches for 1,258 yards and 14 touchdowns. After initially saying he would return for his senior season, Fuller changed his mind and announced he would leave for the 2016 NFL Draft.

STRENGTHS: Galloping acceleration to reach his top speed quickly…takes the top off a defense vertically, stacking receivers and using multiple gears to pull away from defenders (averaged 20.3 yards per catch in 2015)…finds the ball well in flight with above average tracking skills…times his jumps to highpoint and rarely misjudges downfield throws…works hard for body position to force defenders to go through him at the catch point…achieves proper depth in his routes with the start/stop ability, change of direction skills and hesitation to create separation at the stem…strong plant-and-go quickness in his breaks…very good understanding of field leverage, pressing receivers and generating space…hits the jets quickly to erase pursuit angles on inside screens…won’t break tackles, but drives his legs and lowers his pads to finish…scrappy, willing blocker…experienced lining up outside and in the slot…driven individual and the hard work has paid off – developed into a dependable practice player…highly productive the past two seasons, leaving Notre Dame No. 2 on the school’s all-time receiving touchdown list (30).

WEAKNESSES: Lean-muscled and lacks an ideal body type…below average functional strength and can be knocked off his route…petite hands and prone to body catches with too many drops on his college film – equal opportunity dropper, losing focus on various types of passes…unreliable in contested situations…shows some indecision as a ballcarrier and needs to get north-south quicker…lacks the run power to pick up yards after initial contact…bad habit of extending his arms downfield and pushing off…willing blocker, but struggles to sustain and limited in this area…quiet by nature and his confidence appears to waver at times…doesn’t offer experience as a return man.

SUMMARY: A two-year starter in Notre Dame’s power-spread offense, Fuller developed into the Irish’s top playmaker the last two seasons, eclipsing 1,000-yards receiving both years and totaling 30 touchdowns in 29 career starts. A dynamic deep threat, Fuller has the uncanny ability to create separation late in his route, using an extra gear when the ball is in the air, a burst that most cornerbacks can’t match. He is outstanding at tracking the deep ball and going and getting it, but the lapses in concentration and dropped passes are frustrating. Although NFL teams will need to look past his average build and streaky ballskills, Fuller is a big-time playmaker who has the speed to stretch the field and quickness to generate separation at the top of his routes – solid second round pick, but could come off the board top-30.

watch the queens grab jack

Blog Entries
    Trade up one pick for a 6th. Maybe Ted can do that about five times in a row so we can DOMINATE round 6 !!!!!

Here comes the run on LB's?

i like how mel always mentions a guy the team might draft after the rest of the world knows what the pick is

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2016/WR/Will-Fuller

Will Fuller
    School: Notre Dame
    Position: WR

Positive: Senior totals included 62 receptions, 1258 yards and 14 TDs when he averaged 20.3 yards per catch. Fast, vertical receiver with homerun hitting speed. Quickly releases off the line scrimmage, immediately gets to top speed and displays a sense of timing as well as anticipation. Adjusts to the errant throw, makes the difficult reception at full speed and plays with great balance as well as body control. Possesses a burst which he turns on in a single step, extends to make the reception away from his frame and incredibly quick footed. Darts around defenders in the open field, agile and elusive. To his credit works to come away with the difficult reception. Quickly gets into breaks, stays low on exit and separates from opponents. Gives effort blocking downfield.

Negative: Unnecessarily lets the pass get inside him, bobbles the ball and outright drops passes on occasion. Struggles in battles.

Analysis: Fuller possesses homerun hitting speed and quickly alters the momentum of games with long receptions. His hands are inconsistent which will be a problem at the next level and something he'll need to work on in order to develop into a number one wide out on Sunday.