Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: GET HARD!!!! 2016 NFL DRAFT TODAY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    I would have traded with the Broncos.
    Wonder of Packers had a deal with the Cowboys or someone else.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

From PFF:

23. Minnesota Vikings: Laquon Treadwell | Grade: C+
    Receivers are flying off the board as the Vikings add a physical outside presence in Treadwell. He’s a solid late-round pick (+19.8 receiving grade ranked 13th in the draft class), capable of winning in the short game (slants) and adding a red-zone presence with his size. The problem with Treadwell is creating separation at the intermediate and deep level, right where offensive coordinator Norv Turner is trying to get the ball. In addition to not separating well, his pairing with QB Teddy Bridgewater is not ideal as Bridgewater is hesitant to throw into tight windows and that marriage may not play to Treadwell’s skillset.

Even when playing in the contested game, Treadwell is not as exceptional as scouting reports may indicate. Overall, he’s a solid possession receiver, but the pairing with the Vikings and Bridgewater may not be a good one unless the offense turns to a more quick-hitting passing game that takes advantage of both Bridgewater and Treadwell’s skillsets.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Broncos going DL to get ahead of Pack. No need to trade with SEA.
    NO NO

I WANTED TED TO TRADE WITH DENVER AND GET THE EXTRA 3

Seattle outfox'd us again !!!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

You think? Schefter is all but semaphore-ing for QB here.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    If I was announcing GB's pick I'd fuck with you all the name a punter....lol
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Wrong.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I'll predict one of those DTs to the Packers--which one beats the hell out of me. We could use more than one.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Is the draft like blackjack where you can split the 27th pick?

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/...B/Paxton-Lynch

Paxton Lynch
    School: Memphis
    Position: QB

Positive: Two-year starter awarded all-Conference honors since his sophomore season. Passing totals last season included 3776 yards, 28 TDs and 4 INT's. Completed 66.8% of his throws as a junior. Nice sized pocket passer with an NFL arm. Patient, buys time for receivers and displays terrific vision as well as pocket presence. Knows where receivers are on the field, makes good decisions and does not have mental lapses. Scans the field going through progressions, locates the open wide out and has the arm strength necessary to make all the throws. Delivers the ball with a fluid, over-the-top delivery, throws nice corner and fade patterns and puts air under his deeper throws, allowing receivers to run to the ball. Sells the ball fakes, looks away from the primary target and remains poised under the rush. Easily gets rid of the ball with a flick of his wrist. Quick getting outside the pocket, keeps his eyes down the field and loses nothing throwing on the run. Drives deep passes or gets the ball through the tight spots. Accurate and throws with solid pass placement.

Negative: Occasionally relies on his strong arm to make plays, trying to throw the ball through defenders. Must improve his timing. Does not always release the pass with proper footwork or follow through on his delivery.

Analysis: Lynch offers the size, arm strength and intelligence to be a starter at the next level. He needs to brush off the rough edges in his game but has the tools to be a very productive Sunday afternoon quarterback if properly coached and given time to develop.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    You think? Schefter is all but semaphore-ing for QB here.
    They just wanted the QB so they called the GM with Stones

3. PAXTON LYNCH | Memphis 6065|244 lbs|4JR Deltona, Fla. (Trinity Christian Academy) 2/12/1994 (age 22) #12
    YEAR (GP/GS) CP-ATT CP% YDS TD INT CAR YDS AVG TD GRADE 1st-2nd Round 2012: Redshirted MEASUREABLES Arm: 34 1/4 | Hand: 10 1/4 | Wingspan: 81 3/4 2013: (12/12) 203-349 58.2 2,056 9 10 88 127 1.4 2 COMBINE 40-YD: 4.86 | 10-YD: 1.69 | 20-YD: 2.81 | VJ: 36 | BJ: 09’10” | SS: 4.26 | 3C: 7.14 2014: (13/13) 259-413 62.7 3,031 22 9 113 321 2.8 13 PRO DAY N/A (positional drills only) 2015: (13/13) 296-443 66.8 3,778 28 4 87 239 2.7 2 Total: (38/38) 758-1,205 62.9 8,865 59 23 288 687 2.4 17

BACKGROUND: A three-star quarterback recruit out of high school, Lynch had a roller coaster recruitment as he thought he was headed to Florida, but once Charlie Weis took the head coaching job at Kansas, the offer never arrived and the Gators asked him to walk on instead (Florida opted for Skyler Mornhinweg) – Lynch went under-recruited largely because he ran a Wing-T offense in high school and missed half of his senior year due to a knee bruise. Florida A&M and Memphis were his only two scholarship offers, committing to the Tigers close to signing day – UCF offered him at the last minute, but he kept his pledge to Justin Fuentes. After redshirting in 2012, Lynch won the starting quarterback job as a redshirt freshman, completing 58.2% of his passes and throwing more interceptions (10) than touchdowns (9). He showed significant improvements throughout his sophomore season, leading Memphis to 10 wins and a conference championship. Lynch finished 2014 with a school record 3,352 yards of total offense and 35 touchdowns (22 passing, 13 rushing), earning Second Team All-AAC and team MVP honors. He improved his production as a junior in 2015 and earned First-Team All-AAC honors, finishing with 66.8% completions, 3,778 passing yards and a 28-to-4 touchdownto-interception ratio, adding two scores on the ground. Lynch elected to forego his final season of eligibility and enter the 2016 NFL Draft.

STRENGTHS: Tall, lanky frame with broad shoulders and room to add more weight – built for the NFL and can take a beating…light on his feet with the athleticism and body control to climb, shuffle and slide in the pocket, buying time and adjusting his throwing platform when needed…throws with accuracy on the move and comfortable with boots and motions…strong arm to fire strikes with a quick trigger…longer arms, but easily loads and delivers in a clean motion…understands trajectory to clear levels in the defense…quick eyes to scan and make whole field reads…improved poise to sense pressure and comfortable operating from within a confined pocket – not easily rattled and stands in the face of pressure with a composed demeanor at all times…recognizes the blitz and knows his hot routes…has the arm talent to get away with throwing without a firm base…improved placement, especially on slants and in-breaking routes, to put the ball where only his man can make a play…weighed just 215 pounds when he arrived at Memphis and was a stranger to the weight room – worked hard to add 30+ pounds with more room to grow…picks up things quickly and has learned from everything he has experienced on the football field – coaches talk highly of his ability to learn quickly and apply it…confident, but not careless, especially on money downs…reserved, well-balanced personality and comfortable in his own skin – unassuming, trusts his faith and doesn’t put too much pressure on himself…unforced team-mentality and genuinely enjoys playing football, but loves the comradery with his teammates even more…set Memphis single season records for passing yards (3,778) and touchdowns (28) in 2015…won 19 games as a starter the past two seasons, including the program’s first 10-win season since the 1930s – 22-16 career record as a starter.

WEAKNESSES: Has added good weight, but still gawky and needs to continue and fill out his upper and lower body…inconsistent base and doesn’t always throw with a balanced platform, which affects his downfield accuracy – relies on arm talent, more so than any fundamentals…requires maintenance with his throwing technique, something that’s probably never been emphasized by his coaches – ball placement will improve as he refines his mechanics…internal clock is still a work-in-progress, taking sacks that he shouldn’t…smart decision-maker, but still learning which throws he should and shouldn’t make…needs work on his touch and timing to develop a better feel for his ball speeds…footwork needs tinkered with, especially on deep and flat throws to the left side of the field…athletic, but not elusive as a scrambler…all the calls in the Memphis offense came from the sideline…confident player, but not overly vocal and still developing his leadership style.

SUMMARY: A three-year starter, Lynch has some experience under center, but spent most of his time in the shotgun in Memphis’ movement spread offense, which implemented mostly play action and option plays – relied on screens and shorter routes, but he also tested defenses downfield more than most spread schemes. A former running back, he ran a Wing-T offense in high school and is largely self-taught at the position – hasn’t been attending quarterback camps since he could walk like most passing prospects. He is a late bloomer and still very young in football years (“kid playing a game” according to his coaches), showing vast improvement each of the last three seasons – his teammates speak highly of his work ethic and personal growth. From a scouting perspective, Lynch needs mechanical work and on-field reps, but he checks boxes for his size, athleticism, arm talent, field vision and appetite for football. His pro transition will require time and although he might not be “perfect” in every area, the ingredients are there for Lynch to develop into a successful starting NFL quarterback – high upside passer worthy of first round consideration, but needs a patient support system.

I think the Broncos were reading the same thing red did on walterfootball.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    NO NO

I WANTED TED TO TRADE WITH DENVER AND GET THE EXTRA 3

Seattle outfox'd us again !!!
    denver needed to get ahead of us before we traded with someone else for a QB

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I think the Broncos were reading the same thing red did on walterfootball.
    exactly

Blog Entries
    2 options......ILB......or TRADE DOWN.....all those DL are about the same

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    They just wanted the QB so they called the GM with Stones
    Get a drink of water B, Ted is the reigning king of the trade down.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Over/Under on # of posters that dislike the Packers pick 5.5
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

drafted defense in 1st round of 8 of last 10 drafts

and we still aren't that great on D

Cornerback is a need ESPN? What?

Criminy Lynch is ginormous.