Thread: GET HARD!!!! 2016 NFL DRAFT TODAY!!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar

Cool GET HARD!!!! 2016 NFL DRAFT TODAY!!!!

You guys want Linebackers? I got linebackers!!!

Ragland, I pretty much think he is the concensus number 1 inside linebacker, which means if he is there Thompson will take a different linebacker. Ragland is not the worlds greatest athlete but few middle linebackers are. He is a very solid tackler, he has good instincts in the run game and in the passing game. He doesn't get fooled on play action in the college game very often. Here is the other thing that is intriguing about Ragland, he can rush from the outside position. Ragland can play all over the field even in nickel. He doesn't have to come out if he can get after the passer. Much better in zone coverage than in man coverage. Also what I like about him is that there is no wasted movement, he takes very good angles to the football.

Jaylon Smith, what a really sad story. This kid is a a hell of an athlete and it is a shame that he had to reck his knee in his last game in college. All you here is that the recovery is not going well and that he is going to have to redshirt his first year in the NFL. This kid is a top 5 pick in this draft and he is going to get 3rd round money. Speed. That is what stands out about this kid. If you watch the Ragland video, in coverage Ragland had some issues running with receivers in coverage. Then you watch Smiths highlight and he is a blanket on receivers running across the middle. Ragland does fine when the receivers are kept in front of hom, but he isn't going to be able to run with NFL running backs and some of the faster tight ends. Smith can handle any and all responsibilities if the knee bounces back. The thing I don't like about Smith is that he is an arm tackler and rather than driving into the ball carrier he drags them down. That will result in missed tackles at the next level. He also tends to jump gaps when he penetrates the the LOS, which is fine but watching the highlight I didn't see him beat any blockers.

Su'a Cravens, there is a lot to like if you watch his highlight film. Tweener between safety and linebacker. He could be viable option in the passing game he is good in coverage and can blitz. I don't know how he would help between the tackles, but he looks like a second round pick, maybe an early third but he brings some athleticism and instinct.

Dion Jones, Undersized guy that makes a lot of tackles. To be honest I don't see any one special quality that jumps out on this film. He is a good but not great athlete, he doesn't have the versatility of a Cravens, he is linebacker only. He keeps his numbers towards the line of scrimmage which a good thing, he doesn't take many false steps and gets to where he needs to be. He seemed pretty well protected in the run game by his defensive linemen.
    Last edited by Deputy Nutz; 04-28-2016 at 01:27 PM.