Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Everything you need to know about TT's Pick @ NO. 27 - DT Kenny Clark Fr. UCLA

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Would they have made this pick if Raji had re-signed with them?
    It seems the response to that question Patler....from what I'm discovering is 'a likely NO '.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    We're desperate for DL help, so Clark will get on the field immediately... he'll be a servicable player, but given that Billings, Robinson, Butler, Dodd, and Ragland were all still there, it's an underwhelming pick.

I liked all of those guys better than Clark.
    TT has a bag labeled ...... "Surprizes for Packer fans".
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

I wish we could know what calls Ted fielded about trading back - as I said elsewhere, I'm guessing the Broncos and/or Cowboys called GB about trading up to get Lynch. Probably one or both teams realized there was a bidding war, so they had to move up higher to get Lynch, leaving GB behind.

I guess we'll find out how good Clark is compared to all the guys Ted didn't pick instead, especially the defensive linemen. We'll see. And if Wist will list the 5-6 guys he likes better, we can see how that plays out in three or four years, too.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Very nice writeup that covers about everything I have seen of Clark:

http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/nfl-dra...-clark-dl-ucla
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Looks good and violent In his highlight reels.

We'll have a better idea what Ted was thinking when we see him in camp getting reps. McGinn and every other Packer blogger had Clark as the need pick (or someone was leaking). And they ALL see him taking Raji's spot at NT.

From that perspective, you can see the Packers having him as their highest ranked at a position of need.

Nutz and some other write ups see him as more versatile, though he is not as tall as most 5 techs. If he gets reps all over the line, might mean the plan for Raji's replacement isn't set in stone and they just needed a body.

If that's the case, then you have to think they just liked him more than any other interior lineman.
    Last edited by pbmax; 04-29-2016 at 10:25 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I read one article that I can't find right now that said if you watch enough tape on Myles Jack, you come away with a strong appreciation for what Clark did to free him up.

In the game films you see him being double teamed constantly.

In terms of grading...how did DT Kenny Clark stack up?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracke...ition-input:dl

It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out. I thought the plan was for guion to play the nose. I thought the consensus was he played nt much better in 2014 than he did end in 15. Mcginns article, as well as Clark being the top nt, indicate otherwise.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out. I thought the plan was for guion to play the nose. I thought the consensus was he played nt much better in 2014 than he did end in 15. Mcginns article, as well as Clark being the top nt, indicate otherwise.
    I don't think there's much of difference with Guion. He got off to a slow start, but I think that was mostly due to the suspension. Raji was better at NT than DE.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I thought Guion was more consistent in 2015. Consistently average, but consistent.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...t-card/page/28

Tanner not impressed.

Boy, it sure has been one whirlwind of an offseason for the Green Bay Packers, hasn’t it? They haven’t been this busy in years. They signed tight end Jared Cook in free agency! And...someone named Lerentee McCray at linebacker! And...they also re-signed James Starks, Nick Perry and Don Barclay to provide extra anxiety for Aaron Rodgers! Re-signings are transactions, too!

Phew. What tumult. Can you stand the excitement, Packers fans? General manager Ted Thompson may need to sleep this one off for the next three or four free-agency periods.

Thompson stayed awake long enough to dip into this year's deep defensive tackle class, which means it's time for another installment of Big Uglies: A 2016 Field Guide. Don’t try to tell one monstrous interior lineman from another without it!

Here's Kenny Clark's profile:

Size: 6'3", 314 pounds

Athleticism: Former high school wrestler

Honors: All-Pac-12

Numbers: 47 tackles and six sacks last year—a lot of production for a defensive tackle

Defining Special Trait: High football IQ; Clark wins by reading blocks and diagnosing plays

Potential Flaws: Lacks top-notch physical traits

Also Worth Mentioning: Clark plans to coach after his college career

Clark is a film junkie who anticipates the snap count, diagnoses blocking schemes and out-thinks his blockers. Those skills don’t translate as well to the NFL as you might expect: Pro blockers are less predictable and more likely to grind a lot of film themselves than guys in the Pac-12. Still, Clark should excel at the smaller tasks of defensive line play: sniffing out screens, cleaning up sacks after the quarterback is flushed from the pocket, and so on.

You can tell why the Packers like Clark: He's like a giant Ted Thompson. That said, there are many other defensive tackles on the board with higher upside than Clark.

Grade: C+

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Anyone feeling unenthused about the pick who'd like some Kenny Clark boner-fuel:

Sumbitch gets 11 tackles out of the NT position in this game! Several times you see him put his dude on skates and take him straight backwards. Good example of this at 1:10:25 where he gets a sack.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Here is a video focusing on just Clark of that same game:

"There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Another 50 lbs. and he'd be Gilbert Brown.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Anyone feeling unenthused about the pick who'd like some Kenny Clark boner-fuel:

Sumbitch gets 11 tackles out of the NT position in this game! Several times you see him put his dude on skates and take him straight backwards. Good example of this at 1:10:25 where he gets a sack.
    Ted likes it when they play big in big games.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I read one article that I can't find right now that said if you watch enough tape on Myles Jack, you come away with a strong appreciation for what Clark did to free him up.
    Thought I saw that as well on NFL.com.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    nm
    Last edited by 3irty1; 04-29-2016 at 02:25 PM.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...t-card/page/28

Tanner not impressed.

Boy, it sure has been one whirlwind of an offseason for the Green Bay Packers, hasn’t it? They haven’t been this busy in years. They signed tight end Jared Cook in free agency! And...someone named Lerentee McCray at linebacker! And...they also re-signed James Starks, Nick Perry and Don Barclay to provide extra anxiety for Aaron Rodgers! Re-signings are transactions, too!

Phew. What tumult. Can you stand the excitement, Packers fans? General manager Ted Thompson may need to sleep this one off for the next three or four free-agency periods.

Thompson stayed awake long enough to dip into this year's deep defensive tackle class, which means it's time for another installment of Big Uglies: A 2016 Field Guide. Don’t try to tell one monstrous interior lineman from another without it!

Here's Kenny Clark's profile:

Size: 6'3", 314 pounds

Athleticism: Former high school wrestler

Honors: All-Pac-12

Numbers: 47 tackles and six sacks last year—a lot of production for a defensive tackle

Defining Special Trait: High football IQ; Clark wins by reading blocks and diagnosing plays

Potential Flaws: Lacks top-notch physical traits

Also Worth Mentioning: Clark plans to coach after his college career

Clark is a film junkie who anticipates the snap count, diagnoses blocking schemes and out-thinks his blockers. Those skills don’t translate as well to the NFL as you might expect: Pro blockers are less predictable and more likely to grind a lot of film themselves than guys in the Pac-12. Still, Clark should excel at the smaller tasks of defensive line play: sniffing out screens, cleaning up sacks after the quarterback is flushed from the pocket, and so on.

You can tell why the Packers like Clark: He's like a giant Ted Thompson. That said, there are many other defensive tackles on the board with higher upside than Clark.

Grade: C+
    You know who else was a big anticipate the snap count guy?

Jerel "I'm a big fat bust" Worthy.

Let's hope he's not that guy.