Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything you need to know about TT's Pick @ NO. 27 - DT Kenny Clark Fr. UCLA

Everything you need to know about TT's Pick @ NO. 27 - DT Kenny Clark Fr. UCLA

http://www.bruinsnation.com/ucla_bru...-stats-results

UCLA Football: NFL Draft Profile - DT Kenny Clark

By Joe Piechowski on Apr 27, 2016, 9:33p
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Blog Entries
    Kenny Clark only 20.

He's set up for life, his daddy is doing life.

Let's wait til they strap on the pads.

Interior DL takes a long time for a young-un to get proficient.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Kenny Clark only 20.

He's set up for life, his daddy is doing life.

Let's wait til they strap on the pads.

Interior DL takes a long time for a young-un to get proficient.
    KYPack:

Does the fact he has short arms bother you at all ?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

McGinn's report on Clark

2. KENNY CLARK, UCLA (6-2 ½, 312, 5.07, 1): Third-year junior, two-year starter. “He can use a four-point stance and he’ll two-gap the center,” said one scout. “He keeps his balance and doesn’t get rolled up real easy. But you can move him over a man and he drops that back leg and he has some quickness. I don’t know that he’s a star but he’s a good player.” Was able to maintain separation despite short arms (32 1/8). “I think the wrestling background helps when it comes to his leverage,” said a second scout. “Space eater. He’s about leverage.” Finished with 159 tackles (20 for loss) and 6 ½ sacks. “He’s innately tough, strong and mature,” a third scout said. From San Bernardino, Calif. “I think he can rush passer,” said a fourth scout. “He is an outstanding defensive tackle. He can handle the doubles and invert the nose. Does it all the time.”
    "Good player," an NFC personnel director said. "He's probably got the best blend of athletic ability and strength."
    Should an NFL team be concerned about the son given the background of the father?

"I'm not worried about that; he's separated from that," an executive in personnel for a team said Wednesday. "He's a grown man. He's a great person. I know some of his coaches that absolutely love this kid."
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 31m31 minutes ago
    Kenny Clark joins Mike Daniels as former wrestlers on the d-line. Mike Trgovac also was a former state champion #Packers

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 35m35 minutes ago
    Thompson: "There are all different kind of scenarios that you look at. People call about trade possibilities or trade scenarios."

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 36m36 minutes ago
    Thompson on Kenny Clark: He seemed very excited about being a Packer when I spoke to him on the phone. #PackersDraft

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 30m30 minutes ago
    Thompson on Clark: "He's excited about being in the NFL. He's dying to show us that this was a good pick and that he's a good player."

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 27m27 minutes ago
    Thompson on trades: "We took a few calls. We didn't ever get to a position where we wanted to pursue that. But we had some conversations."

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 37m37 minutes ago
    Thompson praises Kenny Clark for being a team captain as a third-year junior.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 38m38 minutes ago
    Thompson says #Packers were "very excited" to get Kenny Clark at No. 27. "We weren't sure we'd have that opportunity."

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 31m31 minutes ago
    Thompson on trades: "We took a few calls. We didn't ever get to a position where we wanted to pursue that. But we had some conversations."
    Last edited by pbmax; 04-28-2016 at 11:11 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 22m22 minutes ago
    Clark: "I had an interview with the #Packers at the combine. That's pretty much what I remember. I didn't have a visit or workout."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 21m21 minutes ago
    Kenny Clark says he likes to watch Ngata and Atkins. Mentioned Mike Daniels to me at Combine.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 19m19 minutes ago
    Clark: "I'm a football player at the end of the day. Whether it's weather or wherever I live at, that doesn't matter. I'm ready to play."

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 18m18 minutes ago
    Clark: "I always played defensive line since I was younger, and I was getting bigger and bigger every year. D-line was a primary position."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 18m18 minutes ago
    And the conference call ends with his agent saying can we please end it because he has 300 people there and some of them are elderly.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    KYPack:

Does the fact he has short arms bother you at all ?
    Somewhat. A short armed 20 yr old kid? That is some worries.

He's got one of the best hand fighters in the league playing next to him, that should give him some tips, hints, & helps.

6.5 sacks? That's good in any league. QB heat from an interior DL is solid gold for any line coach.

Let's see what he's got.

Mebbe McGinn does know where the bear shits in the buckwheat.

I did NOT want an interior D Lineman - but it was predictable that is what they would take. Hopefully this turns out well, but I smell a new Raji.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Would they have made this pick if Raji had re-signed with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Would they have made this pick if Raji had re-signed with them?
    Perhaps. With D. Jones moving to OLB the only other DL on the roster are Daniels, Boyd, Ringo, Guion and Pennell.

The Packer player he most reminds me of is Justin Harrell...

He's young, and doesn't have an injury history... so they'll plug him in on the line, and we'll forget about him. He's just not much of a play maker.

And for the record - moving Datone Jones to LB is nothing short of idiotic... reminds me of the year they tried to play Kampman and Thompson at OLB. That proved disasterous, and this will too... these guys are nothing if not consistent.
    wist

Seems like a reach and a project. And I'm not sure his peak is anything special. We should be looking for players that can contribute and be effective right away. We also had an opportunity to draft the most talented d-lineman in the draft, and didn't because of character questions. Hope that doesn't come back and bite us.

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Seems like a reach and a project. And I'm not sure his peak is anything special. We should be looking for players that can contribute and be effective right away. We also had an opportunity to draft the most talented d-lineman in the draft, and didn't because of character questions. Hope that doesn't come back and bite us.
    I'm not sure how you can call it a reach when McGinn's ranking puts Clark as the #2 DT, behind only Reed and ahead of the likes of Robinson, Rankins, Billings, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I'm not sure how you can call it a reach when McGinn's ranking puts Clark as the #2 DT, behind only Reed and ahead of the likes of Robinson, Rankins, Billings, etc.
    Well those are McGinn's rankings. It's just my opinion. I don't think he's a first round talent. Most scouts had several tackles ranked higher than Clark that were still on the board. Would love to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Well those are McGinn's rankings. It's just my opinion. I don't think he's a first round talent. Most scouts had several tackles ranked higher than Clark that were still on the board. Would love to be wrong.
    McGinn actually goes off what the scouts he has access to say (and his network of scouts probably extends further than any media folks). Bob doesn't do the evaluations himself. Most of the "scouts" you speak of aren't scouts that have an NFL job, and there's a lot of group think.

I think we were having this same converation last year regarding Damarious Randall.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    The Packer player he most reminds me of is Justin Harrell.
    Let's not forget Cledius Hunt and Jerel Worthy and Jamal Reynolds.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Let's not forget Cledius Hunt and Jerel Worthy and Jamal Reynolds.
    I know you're being facetious, but in terms of his build and movement - he does remind me of Justin Harrell.

At least we got one good season out of Hunt...

I'm thinking 1265 should just give up trying to draft DL in the 1st round... they're just not very good at it.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    McGinn actually goes off what the scouts he has access to say (and his network of scouts probably extends further than any media folks). Bob doesn't do the evaluations himself. Most of the "scouts" you speak of aren't scouts that have an NFL job, and there's a lot of group think.

I think we were having this same converation last year regarding Damarious Randall.
    Just as I'm sure were having similar conversations about Harrell, Sherrod, Datone, etc.....
    Hope it works out, but it's fair to be skeptical.

I am wishing they'd have traded back, maybe with Denver, and gotten that extra third that Seattle did. They still could've gotten a good defensive lineman at that spot.

But it's all just speculation. We can pronounce all we want, but nobody will really know for a couple years for sure.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    The Packer player he most reminds me of is Justin Harrell....
    I wish. He's three inches shorter than Harrell. Harrell was a super large man, even if his weight was around 300. Just couldn't get past the injuries.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck