Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Everything you need to know about TT's Pick @ NO. 27 - DT Kenny Clark Fr. UCLA

Round 1, Pick 27 (27) Kenny Clark DT 6'3" 314 UCLA 5.9

Pick Analysis: "Clark got more active as his career went along at UCLA, and that allowed Myles Jack to make plays. Clark is an inside force against the pass. I like this pick for Green Bay because B.J. Raji is no longer there. We were thinking maybe inside linebacker here, but this pick works." -- Charles Davis
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Bump.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Gonna homer it up and say he's going to be a stud.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Gonna homer it up and say he's going to be a stud.
    He'll be fine.....in time.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    You know who else was a big anticipate the snap count guy?

Jerel "I'm a big fat bust" Worthy.

Let's hope he's not that guy.
    CBS gives a somewhat different evaluation:

Scouts can check off a lot of boxes with Clark. He was a high school wrestling champ, and many of those maneuvers translate from the mat to the football field, playing with low hips, leverage and power.
    He's a stout run defender who comes off the ball low and hard, consistently winning the leverage battle. Anchors well to double teams, planting his feet into the turf and locking out his arms. Clark flashes a quick burst but doesn't rely on it, exploding through the gap to wreak havoc at the line of scrimmage when opponents attempt to pull to block others.
    Worthy was a one-trick pony who had nothing if he didn't beat the guy off the snap. Clark seems to have a more well-rounded game.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/05/03/n...r-king-mailbag

That usually is not Thompson’s way. Green Bay did have a chance to trade with Dallas. Cowboys VP Stephen Jones talked with Alonzo Highsmith of the Packers late in the first round, offering Dallas’ 34th and 101st picks overall for Green Bay’s 27th overall pick. So Green Bay, by gambling that Clark would have been there at 34, could have dropped down seven spots, picked their guy, and had a high fourth-round pick in the swap. The Packers obviously didn’t want to risk moving down seven spots.
    The trade would not have happened, as Lynch would have been gone, but there was apparently an offer on the table. The big question would be whether Denver called GB.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/05/03/n...r-king-mailbag

The trade would not have happened, as Lynch would have been gone, but there was apparently an offer on the table. The big question would be whether Denver called GB.

Given that both the Cowboys and Broncos could be fairly certain Seattle would not take Lynch, I'm guessing Denver, too, also approached Green Bay, though you'd think it'd be more tempting to move down to their 31 overall and get a third rounder, too... did they like Clark that much?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    CBS gives a somewhat different evaluation:

Worthy was a one-trick pony who had nothing if he didn't beat the guy off the snap. Clark seems to have a more well-rounded game.
    The majority of players drafted by TT in rounds 1-4, and have not worked out are the result of injury. When a player gets hurt right away in his career rehabs his way back only to discover that he can't play at the NFL level always makes me wonder if he would have busted anyway, or if the injury sapped him of his ability to use the talent for which he was drafted.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Given that both the Cowboys and Broncos could be fairly certain Seattle would not take Lynch, I'm guessing Denver, too, also approached Green Bay, though you'd think it'd be more tempting to move down to their 31 overall and get a third rounder, too... did they like Clark that much?
    Might be. He said he moves down when the number of players they like at a spot exceeds the number of places they move. They might have had him above the other two NTs. They want pass rush and he has that above Billings and might rate over Reed in that department as well.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

https://ca-mg5.mail.yahoo.com/neo/la...=9l311vhh3qp78

FAMILY Remains a Strong Force in Kenny Clark's Life.