Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 2

I want Ted to pick up that fat Aussie just for kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    My draft board for the Packers would look like this right now:

ILB Reggie Ragland
    TE Hunter Henry
    ILB Deion Jones
    OG Cody Whitehair
    OLB Kamalei Correa
    OT Shon Coleman
    ILB Joshua Perry
    DE Chris Jones
    DT Jarran Reed
    DE Jonathan Bullard
    CB Xavien Howard
    DT A'Shawn Robinson
    OLB Noah Spence
    WR Sterling Shepard
    DE Bronson Kaufusi
    OLB Kyler Fackrell
    DE Jihad Ward
    CB Kendall Fuller
    OLB Jordan Jenkins

No idea where Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith might go.
    Good list, but maybe too short. It could be that none will be available when GB picks.

The Packers 2nd and 3rd Round picks could be enough to move them up 10-15 spots. Is it worth it?

Their second, third and fourth might be enough to move them barely into the top 10 of the second round.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Available players based on Packer Need

LB
    Myles Jack
    Reggie Ragland

Noah Spence
    Kamalei Correa
    Su'a Cravens
    Deion Jones
    Kentrell Brothers
    Joshua Perry

Kyler Fackrell

DT
    A'Shawn Robinson
    Jarran Reed
    Andrew Billings
    Chris Jones
    Austin Johnson
    Hassan Ridgeway

TE
    Hunter Henry
    Austin Hooper

OL
    Jason Spriggs T
    Cody Whitehair G
    Le'Raven Clark T
    Christian Westerman G
    Shon Coleman T
    Nick Martin C
    Joe Dahl T/G
    Jerald Hawkins T

WR
    Tyler Boyd
    Michael Thomas
    Sterling Shepard
    Pharoh Cooper
    Braxton Miller
    Rashard Higgins

RB
    Derrick Henry
    Devontae Booker
    C.J. Prosise
    Kenneth Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    My draft board for the Packers would look like this right now:

Dodd, Kevin DE 6'5" 277 Clemson
    Shepard, Sterling WR 5'10" 194 Oklahoma
    Correa, Kamalei DE 6'3" 243 Boise St.
    Fackrell, Kyler OLB 6'5" 245 Utah St.
    Spriggs, Jason OT 6'6" 301 Indiana
    Nassib, Carl DE 6'7" 277 Penn St.
    Spence, Noah DE 6'2" 251 Eastern Kentucky
    Where would Dodd fit? Green Bay has not drafted an OLB who timed worse than 4.75 in the 40 (except Ricky Elmore and that was a disaster) and 7.26 in the 3 cone. Dodd tested 4.86 in the 40 and 7.32 in the three cone. I don't think he's good enough in space to play 3-4 OLB. I have him as strictly a 4-3 DE. In fact, his overall athleticism would be worse than any OLB that TT has drafted, including Elmore.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Where would Dodd fit? Green Bay has not drafted an OLB who timed worse than 4.75 in the 40 (except Ricky Elmore and that was a disaster) and 7.26 in the 3 cone. Dodd tested 4.86 in the 40 and 7.32 in the three cone. I don't think he's good enough in space to play 3-4 OLB. I have him as strictly a 4-3 DE. In fact, his overall athleticism would be worse than any OLB that TT has drafted, including Elmore.
    I didn't think it through that far. I'm going by this: http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/nfl-dra...odd-de-clemson

If drafted by the Packers:

Even with the resigning of Nick Perry and Matthews planned move back outside, you can never have enough pass rushers. Also, Julius Peppers and Nick Perry will be free agents after this season, so the Packers should be looking to add pass rushers in the draft. There could be several good options available when their turn comes at the bottom of the first round, including Kevin Dodd.

Dodd is probably best suited to play as a 4-3 defensive end, but I think he can also play OLB or as a 3-4 DE if he adds a little weight. Although he did look more comfortable rushing from a three-point stance at Clemson, he has a good combination of size and athletic ability to do both. Position doesn’t matter so much either because the Packers play nickel more than base defense. His flexibility, like Peppers and Datone Jones, gives him the ability to play standing up or with his hand in the dirt and he could drop back in Capers zone blitz. With his playmaking ability, he could be very disruptive opposite Mike Daniels and Clay Matthews.
    I mainly want some pass rushers. Dodd seems like one of them.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Anyone think Joe Schobert from UW should be an ILB?
    He is Packer people. Smart football player that produces and plays special teams. I could see him round 4.

Or Patriots.

I'd love to see Cravens in green and gold as a hybrid ILB. I think he would be a great add. Deion Jones is another guy I'm fond of. Either way I think the next pick will be defense as well and I wouldn't be surprised to see us double up on defensive line if the right guy is available.

Welcome, Liquor. How long you been lurking?

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtheliquor View Post
    I'd love to see Cravens in green and gold as a hybrid ILB. I think he would be a great add. Deion Jones is another guy I'm fond of. Either way I think the next pick will be defense as well and I wouldn't be surprised to see us double up on defensive line if the right guy is available.
    Welcome!
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Welcome, Liquor. How long you been lurking?
    Just found this place Thursday afternoon actually. The previous place I had been going to has been a little over run with negativity, took a look around here and thought it seemed like a pretty level headed group so I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    you're so fucked

Just found this place Thursday afternoon actually. The previous place I had been going to has been a little over run with negativity, took a look around here and thought it seemed like a pretty level headed group so I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.
    Well, we have some pessimists, but they are our pessimists that we've been grappling with for about 10 years now.

I've been to other forums. Didn't find a place better than this one. No one's trying to take over the board by being silly, railroading the threads, or juts being a knucklehead. Every once in a while we'll get two posters who don't like each other going at it, but they're usually really good at filtering their insults through football-esque arguments.

You'll get a lot of decent analysis and strong opinions all over. Everyone is treated pretty well here.

My two cents.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Well, we have some pessimists, but they are our pessimists that we've been grappling with for about 10 years now.
    TEN YEARS???

Wow.

I know I'm not original JSO, but I didn't think it had been that long...then I look at the date I joined, and almost seven years have passed. Time flies.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Lickher, welcome.
    If anyone offers you an orientation don't bend over.

God, it would be so nice to land Myles Jack... do it TT... take the risk!! If you win one superbowl as a result... it's worth it!

Liquor in the front.

Poker in the rear.

Clearly, you are either under the influence of some illicit substance or suffer from delusions. You will fit right in.

Just found this place Thursday afternoon actually. The previous place I had been going to has been a little over run with negativity, took a look around here and thought it seemed like a pretty level headed group.....
    I am always amazed at how wrong first impressions can be!