Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Good pick Ras.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Good pick Ras.

Not a huge need but super value and BPA.

NFL Draft Diamonds ‏@DraftDiamonds 24s24 seconds ago
    Boyd to Bengals

From PFF:

23 (54). Minnesota Vikings: Mackensie Alexander | Grade: A
    No. 21 on the PFF Draft Board, Alexander is strong in man coverage and his movement skills allow him to stay with shifty receivers. The Clemson scheme did him no favors from a grading standpoint, but he allowed only 0.66 yards per cover snap, good for 10th in the class. He struggles with zone concepts at times, missing tackles in open space, but Alexander is a good pick at this point in the draft.

NFL Draft Diamonds ‏@DraftDiamonds 56s57 seconds ago
    Bear take cody

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 17s17 seconds ago
    Bears take OL Cody Whitehair
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Bears:

1. CODY WHITEHAIR | Kansas State 6036|301 lbs|5SR Abilene, Kan. (Abilene) 7/11/1992 (age 23) #55
    YEAR (GP/GS) GRADE 1st-2nd Round 2011: Redshirted MEASUREABLES Arm: 32 | Hand: 10 1/8 | Wingspan: 79 2012: (13/12) 9 LG, 3 RT COMBINE 40-YD: 5.02 | 10-YD: 1.73 | 20-YD: 2.95 | BP: 16 | VJ: 25.5 | BJ: 09’02” | SS: 4.58 | 3C: 7.32 2013: (13/13) 13 LG PRO DAY N/A (positional drills only) 2014: (13/13) 13 LT 2015: (13/13) 13 LT Total: (52/51) 26 LT, 22 LG, 3 RT

BACKGROUND: A three-star recruit out of high school, Whitehair grew up hoping to one day play at Kansas State, choosing the Wildcats over scholarship offers from Oklahoma State and Colorado State. After redshirting in 2011, he became a starter in 2012 and split time between right tackle and left guard, earning Honorable Mention All-Big 12 honors. Whitehair started all 13 games at left guard in 2013 before kicking out to left tackle in 2014 where he started every game the last two years, earning Second Team All-Big 12 honors each of the last three years. He accepted his invitation to the 2016 Senior Bowl.

STRENGTHS: Adequate build and body type…balanced set-up and sinks hips at the point of attack…quick off the snap with the wide base and shuffle to handle speed…works hard to square, stick and anchors while holding form with proper knee bend…at his best when he gets into rushers to make first contact and control their chest with a quick punch…strong upper body to ride defenders away from the pocket…athletic puller and controlled in space to connect and seal on secondlevel blocks…veteran awareness with excellent vision and pressure instincts, keeping his head on a swivel…tough as nails and plays through pain…four-year starter with versatile experience at left tackle (26 starts), left guard (22) and right tackle (three), earning All-Big 12 honors all four seasons…well-coached and considered the hardest worker on the team – wants to be the best and leads by example.

WEAKNESSES: Lacks ideal size, length and growth potential…bad habit of lunging due to his shorter arms…too much of a catch blocker and needs to be more aggressive with his hands to keep rushers from attacking his body, getting him upright and pushing him on his heels…struggles to control the point of attack in the run game – relies on body position more than power in the run game…needs to better control his momentum on the move and break down in space…needs to eliminate the holding penalties with a bad habit of grabbing a fistful of jersey…needs to show more of a nasty attitude to bully, bury and finish.

SUMMARY: A four-year starter, Whitehair “prefers” to play guard, but he has extensive experience at tackle and has practiced at center – team-first attitude and played where he was needed. He left an indelible mark at Kansas State with his leadership, work ethic and high-level of play the last four years and boasts the professional make-up that will be welcomed in NFL locker rooms – does all the right things and endeared by coaches (Kansas State head coach Bill Snyder: “He has great respect from his teammates…the ability to guide and direct young people in the right direction”). Whitehair is assignment sound and rarely makes mistakes with the quick punch and shuffle to stone rushers in pass protection, but he isn’t as effective as a run blocker and needs to develop a more physical mean streak. He doesn’t have the length to hold up consistently on the edges in the NFL, but Whitehair has the base strength, toughness and instincts to start as a rookie at either guard or center – late first round prospect.

NFL Draft Diamonds ‏@DraftDiamonds 1m1 minute ago
    Steelers take Sean Davis from Maryland

BPA:

Howard, Jordan RB 6'0" 230 Indiana 6.1

Bullard, Jonathan DT 6'3" 285 Florida 6.0

Ridgeway, Hassan DT 6'3" 303 Texas 6.0

Billings, Andrew NT 6'1" 311 Baylor 6.0

Clark, Le'Raven OT 6'5" 316 Texas Tech 6.0

Henry, Willie DT 6'3" 303 Michigan 5.9
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Gonna take a break - gonna be a lull before the North is back in action

mgoblog ‏@mgoblog 12m12 minutes ago
    mgoblog Retweeted Nick Baumgardner
    you could show me Cook doing bong hits out of a still-bleeding human head and I'd take him over Hackenberg

Forgot the Bears traded back....nice pick.....

Cody Whitehair, OG
    Height: 6-4 Weight: 301
    Class: rSr Hometown: Abilene, KS

PLAYER OVERVIEW

A 50-game starter, Whitehair received All-Big 12 honors all four seasons at Kansas State, punctuated by his lone first-team nod as a senior.
    He has experience at guard and tackle, including the past two years at tackle, and played in all 51 games over his four-year career.

A three-star recruit out of high school, Whitehair became a starter as a redshirt freshman. He began his career at left guard and right tackle before moving to left tackle as a junior in 2014, earning Second Team All-Big 12 honors. Whitehair returned to left tackle as a senior captain in 2015.

"I think he's probably better at guard in our league, but he might be able to play all five positions if needed," an AFC scout told NFLDraftScout.com. "He knows how to neutralize speed off the edge or quickness inside ... very, very well-coached and it shows on film."

Whitehair knows his versatility will be a significant plus to his draft stock.

"I would like to think I can play (inside and outside)," he told NFLDraftScout.com. "I would prefer to play guard. But if a team that I play for needs me at tackle, I'm up for that too. I'm up for playing whatever position. Someone needs me at center, I could tackle that position. Ultimately guard and tackle. Either way I feel comfortable."

Whitehair also received strong praise from the Kansas State coaching staff for his work ethic and leadership abilities.

"It just comes from within, the motivation that I want to be successful and I want this team to be successful," he said. "I come to work every day with that mentality. I know people say we lost so many guys and have spots to fill, but we just come to work every day. And hopefully that attitude and mentality rubs off on my teammates. I grew up in this program and around these guys so this program means a lot to me."

STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES

STRENGTHS: Adequate size for the position and uses his wide base to handle speed off the edge, staying balanced and sinking his hips at the point of attack. He squares well and rides defenders away from the ballcarrier, using his punch and hand placement to lock on and engage. Plays with veteran awareness, displaying excellent vision and instincts to recognize pressures pre-snap.
    WEAKNESSES: While he does a nice job handling edge speed, Whitehair can get beat when he allows rushers to attack his body, forcing him upright and on his heels. His toughness is off the charts, but he could add a pinch of nastiness to his playing recipe, eliminating catch blocks. Also tends to get grabby at times, which will attract yellow laundry at the next level, appearing much more comfortable inside rather than at tackle.

COMPARES TO: Zack Martin, Cowboys - Although not as physically gifted as Martin, Whitehair is a similar player with his ability to square up to defenders and control the point of attack. And similar to Martin, Whitehair is a college left tackle who will move inside to guard in the NFL.

IN OUR VIEW: A college left tackle, he will move inside to guard for in the NFL, which he considers his best (and favorite) position. Whitehair is an assignment-sound blocker, staying square to his target with anchor strength and aggressive hands.

--Dane Brugler (2/4/16)

COMBINE RESULTS
    Code:
    40 YD	20 YD	10 YD	225 BENCH	VERTICAL JUMP	BROAD	SHUTTLE	3-CONE DRILL
    5.02	2.95	-	16	25 1/2	-	4.58	7.32
    WORKOUT RESULTS
    40 YD	20 YD	10 YD	225 BENCH	VERTICAL JUMP	BROAD	SHUTTLE	3-CONE DRILL
    5.02	2.95	1.73	16	25 1/2	9'2"	4.58	7.32

Billings now BPA. I guess it's a passing league and he isn't seen as a guy who doesn't contribute much in the pass rush.

TJ Green - Damn... I heard he was climbing.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Mini-run on CB's.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 32s33 seconds ago
    Steelers take DB Sean Davis out of Maryland

The Colts pick @ NO. 57 traded with the Packers:

Colts (From Packers) T. J. Green, .... FS 6'2" 209 Clemson GRADE 5.6
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

T.J. Green | FS, Clemson
    Height: 6-3 Weight: 205
    He is a big corner who some think could move to safety. They need help on the back end so it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    T.J. Green | FS, Clemson
    Height: 6-3 Weight: 205
    He is a big corner who some think could move to safety. They need help on the back end so it makes sense.
    NO - he was a WR, then played Safety and some think he can convert to Corner.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    NO - he was a WR, then played Safety and some think he can convert to Corner.
    Yeah, CBS's stuff is weak. They took 20 minutes to post the Bengals pick and had no page for TJ Green.