Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    None of those teams play a 3-4 defense. Hence, the reason that I said a 3-4 ILB is valued less than almost every other position in a 3-4 scheme. The record stands. Half the league plays a 3-4 defense, so there are about 32 starting ILBs in a 3-4 defense and only 3 ILBs were drafted by 3-4 teams in the first two rounds the last two years combined.
    so about 20% of the teams that play 3-4 have drafted an ILB in the first 2 rounds the last 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    in the last 5 drafts, when we needed a starting quality ILB

we've spent a 6th a 5th a 6th a 7th a 4th (bradford may or not be an ILB) and another 4th last year

none of those have panned out, we need draft higher quality guys in the higher rounds. we HAVE to
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracke...ition-input:lb

Player Pos Ht Wt College Grade Watch

Jack, Myles OLB 6'1" 245 UCLA 7.3

Ragland, Reggie ILB 6'1" 247 Alabama 6.4

Cravens, Su'a OLB 6'1" 226 USC 5.8

Fackrell, Kyler OLB 6'5" 245 Utah St. 5.8

Jenkins, Jordan OLB 6'3" 259 Georgia 5.7

Jones, Deion OLB 6'1" 222 LSU 5.7

Wright III, Scooby ILB 6'0" 239 Arizona 5.5

Goodson, B.J. OLB 6'1" 242 Clemson 5.5

Brothers, Kentrell OLB 6'0" 245 Missouri 5.5

Brown, Jatavis OLB 5'11" 227 Akron 5.5

Schobert, Joe OLB 6'1" 244 Wisconsin 5.4

Ratelle, William ILB 5'10" 251 North Dakota 5.4

Smith, Jaylon OLB 6'2" 223 Notre Dame 5.4

Perry, Joshua ILB 6'4" 254 Ohio St. 5.4

Alexander, Dominique ILB 6'0" 232 Oklahoma 5.4

Wallace, Aaron OLB 6'3" 240 UCLA 5.3

Vigil, Nick ILB 6'2" 239 Utah St. 5.3

Norris, Jared ILB 6'1" 241 Utah 5.3

Weatherly, Stephen OLB 6'4" 267 Vanderbilt 5.3

Feeney, Travis OLB 6'4" 230 Washington 5.3

Striker, Eric OLB 5'11" 227 Oklahoma 5.3

Martinez, Blake ILB 6'2" 237 Stanford 5.3

Campbell, De'Vondre OLB 6'4" 232 Minnesota 5.2

Forrest, Josh ILB 6'3" 249 Kentucky 5.2

Williams, Antwione LB 6'3" 245 Georgia Southern 5.2

Longa, Steve OLB 6'1" 241 Rutgers 5.2

Smith, Terrance ILB 6'3" 235 Florida St. 5.2

Morrison, Antonio ILB 6'1" 232 Florida 5.2

Kwiatkoski, Nick ILB 6'2" 243 West Virginia 5.1

Kirby, Raphael ILB 6'0" 236 Miami 5.1

Daniels, Steven ILB 5'11" 243 Boston College 5.1
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Clever that you limit it to the first 3 rounds, so you can ignore Jake Ryan last year in round 4!

No; he hasn't given it high round attention; but he has drafted Manning, Smith, Barrington and a few others that you figured would get looks inside. He hasn't given center much direct attention either, or guard above the third round for that matter.
    the problem is that TT has had pretty high success drafting centers and guards in mid to late rounds

he's not had that kind of luck with ILB

i think it was telling last night when TT was asked if the new guy was a NT and he said "i don't know where he'll play, i just pick them"

you got M3 saying you absolutely need to find an ILB cause clay is moving back outside. and then you have ted just ignoring him and doing what he wants

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Danny Trevathan ILB, who everyone wanted us to sign as an UFA, was a 6th round pick.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Danny Trevathan ILB, who everyone wanted us to sign as an UFA, was a 6th round pick.
    there are gems. but TT doesn't seem to be able to find the ILB gems, kinda like how he sucks at picking d-line

tonights 5 minutes per pick right?

just fucking draft

just fucking draft

Lots of fucking around to be done before we get to the secondary reason we're here......drafting players.

Ok - so what's better. NFL Channel or ESPN. I had NFL Channel on last night - Gruden annoys me sooo much - couldn't watch ESPN.

tonights 5 minutes per pick right?
    That might be third round.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Ok - so what's better. NFL Channel or ESPN. I had NFL Channel on last night - Gruden annoys me sooo much.

ESPN was barely tolerable. I haven't watched them in years but I wanted to stream it high def instead of standard def on my computer room tv.

Couldn't do that with NFL network.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Ok - so what's better. NFL Channel or ESPN. I had NFL Channel on last night - Gruden annoys me sooo much - couldn't watch ESPN.
    espn. they aren't about commercisl breaks between every pick like nfln

nfl= all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Pick is in, shut up and announce it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    That might be third round.
    this is gonna take forever

pick is in, announce it

been 12 fucking minutes already

pick is in, has been in for a couple minutes...and we are waiting as usual

If they get backed up like last year I'm out.

I hate the draft because of this shit.
    C.H.U.D.

And the Jack slide continues.

9. EMMANUEL OGBAH | Oklahoma State 6042|273 lbs|4JR Houston, Texas (George Bush) 11/6/1993 (age 22) #38
    YEAR (GP/GS) TKLS TFL SACK FF GRADE 2nd Round 2012: Redshirted MEASUREABLES Arm: 35 1/2 | Hand: 10 | Wingspan: 83 7/8 2013: (13/0) 20 5.5 4.0 0 COMBINE 40-YD: 4.63 | 10-YD: 1.58 | 20-YD: 2.68 | BP: 20 | VJ: 35.5 | BJ: 10’01” | SS: 4.50 | 3C: 7.26 2014: (13/13) 49 17.0 11.0 1 PRO DAY SS: 4.58 2015: (13/13) 64 17.5 13.0 3 PRONUNCIATION AWG-buh Total: (39/26) 133 40.0 28.0 4

BACKGROUND: A three-star defensive end recruit out of high school, Ogbah collected a dozen scholarship offers, choosing Oklahoma State over Houston, Arizona and Texas Tech – still new to the game and raw out of high school. After redshirting in 2012, he played in 13 games as a redshirt freshman reserve, collecting 20 tackles and 4.0 sacks. Ogbah started all 13 games in 2014 as a sophomore and was named Big 12 Defensive Linemen of the Year with 17.0 tackles for loss and 11.0 sacks, earning First Team All-Big 12 and Defensive Team MVP honors. He returned in 2015 as a junior and became the first Oklahoma State player to earn Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year honors, recording 64 tackles, 17.5 tackles for loss, 13.0 sacks and three forced fumbles. Ogbah also earned unanimous First Team All-Big 12 honors. He decided to skip his final season of eligibility to enter the 2016 NFL Draft.

STRENGTHS: Built well for the position with proportionate bulk and long arms…easy release out of his stance with outstanding body control and lower body flexibility to dip around the corner without slowing his momentum…low, powerful lean into blockers with an improved sense of leverage…balanced to keep his feet with loose joints to smoothly change directions…easy lateral quickness to cross the face of blockers, drop in space or move up and down the line of scrimmage…strong hands to generate push and rip through blocks, not allowing blockers to dictate his path…physical tackler and uses his entire body to finish – improved run defender…disciplined player and trusts his coaching – not the loudest player on the team, but a strong lead-by-example type…never shuts it down with outstanding hustle to chase down plays from behind – a lot of effort-based production…reliable personal character and family values, not a player you have to worry about away from the facility…has special teams experience…highly productive and first player in school history to be named Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year (2015).

WEAKNESSES: Methodical speed and explosive traits for the position…still learning how to string together pass rush moves and connect the dots…flashes violence in his hands, but needs to better lock out to control the point of attack and move blockers from their spot…can be slowed at contact and needs to improve his shed technique to keep his rush from stalling…hand tactics and creativity off the ball lack polish…needs to better break down when on the move, overrunning the pocket or sliding off ballcarriers.

SUMMARY: A two-year starter, Ogbah lined up at both right and left defensive end in Oklahoma State’s 4-3 base, primarily in a three-point stance and occasionally standing up off the edge – leaves Stillwater with 28.0 sacks and 40.0 tackles for loss, both rank top-five all-time in school history. Born and raised in Lagos, Nigeria, Ogbah moved to Houston at the age of nine in 2004 along with his family for the opportunity at a better life. He is a “coach’s dream” according to Cowboys head coach Mike Gundy due to strong work ethic and discipline that were instilled in him at a young age – very bright on and off the field. Ogbah is still learning the complexities of the position and lacks elite explosiveness, but he’s a balanced athlete for his size with the physicality and coachable mentality that can be molded in the NFL – top-50 prospect who projects as a NFL starter in a four-man front.

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler 43s43 seconds ago
    Ogbah was the Cowboys target. Now Dallas trying to trade back from 34.